Random stuff that stops me getting fat... and makes you fat

Options

Replies

• Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I tried to read through that but all I could see was

"I'm smarter than you. Fat people are bad people. I'm right, no matter what, you're wrong."

Who cares what other people do or believe. Worry about yourself and move on.
  • emyjeter
    emyjeter Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Really enjoyed reading this post. A lot of great points!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    How is water fatal?

At high enough doses it can be.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1770067/
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Yah - you missed one.

No 'diet' products, artificial sweeteners or processed funk of any nature.

These actually make you fat, they slow down the metabolism, confuse the brain and are not good for the body AT all. Weight loss is all hormones, and they don't like funk! Cut out the toxics and your body will repay you

:)

Oh and over 3L of water a day - that is the most important one. Will benefit the body in every way - also if you don't drink enough you retain. Keep hydrated :)

Not sure if serious.
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I don't disagree with you, but were you ever fat? For some reason that makes a difference in how you come off. A guy who has never had a weight problem and is just putting fat people down, or a guy who has been through it and learned this stuff.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Yah - you missed one.

These actually make you fat, they slow down the metabolism, confuse the brain and are not good for the body AT all. Weight loss is all hormones, and they don't like funk! Cut out the toxics and your body will repay you

Oh and over 3L of water a day - that is the most important one. Will benefit the body in every way - also if you don't drink enough you retain. Keep hydrated :)

Not sure if serious.
    46293285.jpg
  • JenSuperGirl
    JenSuperGirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yah - you missed one.

Not sure if serious.
    46293285.jpg

Why am I stupid? I just said drink plenty of water and cut out any form of processed foods. Diet products are made with artificial chemicals and they are toxic to the body. Or if it was the water thing you took issue with then that's just common sense. 2L is the recommended daily intake of water but if you are exercising then you need more because of what you are losing in sweat.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Yah - you missed one.

Not sure if serious.

The concepts I have issues with:

- processed food makes you fat
    - artificial sweeteners make you fate
    - the slow down your metabolism
    - confuse the brain
    - weight loss is all hormones

Last time I looked, weight loss is basically about eating at a deficit.
  • CoderGal
    Options
    Yah - you missed one.

Not sure if serious.

- confuse the brain

This basically. You would hate to see some of my dairy. And I am not fat, do not have a low metabolism, etc etc
  • Laramae09
    Laramae09 Posts: 47
    Options
    :heart: makes sense to me...
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Wise words, thank you!
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Well thank you for the sharp kick in the *kitten* this morning. I will now go eat my cottage cheese and fruit salad breakfast and stop staring down my kid's pop tart.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I get what you're trying to prove, but mostly you come off as a stereotypical jerk.

Yep. I agree with you on many points. I totally disagree with your presentation. I also think it is very assumptive to assume YOU know how others think and feel.
  • JenSuperGirl
    Options
    Ok - where to start. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpoAtwVyzZI This video will cover the 'diet' issue. Anything artificial is BAD for the body, it confuses the brain. It can also alter your bodies calorie burning function. Artificial chemicals have a disastrous effect on how our body's run, they cause medical issues and are generally are just a dire way to eat. Havent you ever wondered why we are getting sicker as a population? Its because these are pumped into everything.

The weight loss thing being ultimately down to hormones - of course a deficit plays a part, but when you start to get to that plateau or several plateaus it is not just simply a case of cutting your calories. For example - Surely, if I’m consuming 2000 calories a day less than the calorie charts tell me I’m allowed to eat then I should be able to lose well over 200lbs in a single year, shouldn’t I? And what if I were only 185lbs to begin with, would I actually disappear by the end of 12 months? See my point? The body is too clever for that, hormones are the main game players. Keep your body fuelled with clean food, all natural and it will start to shift. I am speaking from experience. I am trying to drop my body fat percentage lower - I eat only natural foods. Recently I've lost 8 pounds all of which were fat mass - my muscle mass has increased.

Do you still think I am not serious?
  • JenSuperGirl
    Options
    Yah - you missed one.

Not sure if serious.

- confuse the brain

This basically. You would hate to see some of my dairy. And I am not fat, do not have a low metabolism, etc etc

Look at the bigger picture - your health. Why fill your body with chemicals? Ok so you are skinny - at what cost to your health?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Ok - where to start. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpoAtwVyzZI This video will cover the 'diet' issue. Anything artificial is BAD for the body, it confuses the brain. It can also alter your bodies calorie burning function. Artificial chemicals have a disastrous effect on how our body's run, they cause medical issues and are generally are just a dire way to eat. Havent you ever wondered why we are getting sicker as a population? Its because these are pumped into everything.

The weight loss thing being ultimately down to hormones - of course a deficit plays a part, but when you start to get to that plateau or several plateaus it is not just simply a case of cutting your calories. For example - Surely, if I’m consuming 2000 calories a day less than the calorie charts tell me I’m allowed to eat then I should be able to lose well over 200lbs in a single year, shouldn’t I? And what if I were only 185lbs to begin with, would I actually disappear by the end of 12 months? See my point? The body is too clever for that, hormones are the main game players. Keep your body fuelled with clean food, all natural and it will start to shift. I am speaking from experience. I am trying to drop my body fat percentage lower - I eat only natural foods. Recently I've lost 8 pounds all of which were fat mass - my muscle mass has increased.

Do you still think I am not serious?

Your support is a youtube video? Um...no thanks.

And 8lb of all fat mass, eating at a deficit and gaining muscle mass......mmm - ok.

ETA: I would be very happy to learn from any scientific sourcesyou care to provide that indicates that artificial sweeteners and processed foods do all the thngs I raised in my earlier question (slowing metabolism etc) - learning is a good thing.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Yah - you missed one.

Not sure if serious.

- confuse the brain

Look at the bigger picture - your health. Why fill your body with chemicals? Ok so you are skinny - at what cost to your health?

I thought we were talking about losing weight here.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options

Piging out once a week as a treat - you will fail (calories)

Fast food makes you want more food (sugar)

You don't need to cut down on fast food (Burgers, Pizzas, fried food) you should NEVER eat them - people did just fine for millions of years without burgers

Thats right - look at fast food ads on the TV like they are asking you to lick the urinal at your local bar

Since the 70s people are fatter - back in those days you couldn't buy much fast food or food outside working hours - think about it!

When you see bad food, don't crave think to how sick and fatty you will feel after you have eaten it - I love battered fish and chips - never eat it because I think how greased up I will feel after

It is NOTexpensive to eat healthy

Muscle is more imortant than cardio - muscle eats fat for breakfast

You are not happy fat

Your metabolism is no slower than the next guys or gals

You never need to eat chocolate or crisps, etc.

Healthy people don't eat much (compared to you)

Fat people encourage people to be fat. Correct weight people are good to be around

Feel free to add......

Eating bad one day? Not gonna derail everything you did the other six. I promise.

Fast food? Nothing in it makes you crave more. There is no secret chemical to make us addicted. We want more sometimes because it tastes good. And it is ok to eat food we like to eat. Really really.

The only unhealthy food is one eaten in excess. Like something? Love something? Eat it. Just not as much as you used to.

Do I need to eat chocolate or chips? Nope. But I do. And I can.

Cardio? Yeah. Getting your heart and lungs and circulatory system healthy sucks. Good call.

Metabolism? Yup. They are all different. Sorry.

And you're right. Hanging around overweight people? Lame.

Healthy people don't eat much? Well, I'd say the healthiest people often eat more - it's a result of having to refuel after all that stupid cardio they do.

Sugar? Long as you don't have a medical reason to stay away or limit ... it isn't the devil. I don't even track it. I promise, sugar is fine. (So is sodium, by the way.)
  • CoderGal
    Options
    Yah - you missed one.

Not sure if serious.

- confuse the brain

Exactly!!! Ding ding ding. Bingo. Health should be more important. However, that was not what your topic was before.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Fast food makes you want more food (sugar)

You don't need to cut down on fast food (Burgers, Pizzas, fried food) you should NEVER eat them - people did just fine for millions of years without burgers

You never need to eat chocolate or crisps, etc.

I agree with most of your points .....except these. Is fast food healthy......of course not. It does not impact your weight loss though if it falls within your calorie macros. Many people can not easily cut out prepared foods completely.