Whats YOUR ideal breakfast?

Options

Replies

• hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My favorite is eggs, red onions, and cheese. Sometimes a banana or grapes on the side.
  • sophiathedss
    sophiathedss Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    protein powder pancake with wf pancake syrup
    oatmeal
    egg white vegie scramble

not all together...lol...just one of these for breakfast

11269213.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    Either Greek yogurt, or a Granola bar. i don't eat a lot for break fast.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    My ideal breakfast: one I don't have to make...plus coffee. Sadly, I do the bulk of the cooking when my family is in one place, and all of it when I'm on my own...
    My idea of a perfect breakfast includes my family sitting down to the table to eat in harmony. But that's just silly, really.

Next best? Crockpot steel cut oats with dried fruit. It takes 9 days for me to finish a crockpot full (pease porridge hot?), so I only need to cook once, then reheat...
  • happymiche
    happymiche Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, fruit (right now, I'm loving peaches), and 2 slices of 35 calorie wheat toast with no calorie butter spray or a whole wheat english muffin. I also drink 32-48oz of water with my breakfast.
  • Royaltvii
    Royaltvii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Usually scrambled eggs with European butter....but as of late with the heat it has been a frozen banana with peanutbutter, pecan butter, or chocolate coconut butter.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    8 ounces of water while the oatmeal is cooking, Oatmeal and some type of fresh fruit, two cups of coffee with fat free creamer
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I dont eat till about 1030 and I have 2 servings of Steel Cut oats mix in 1 serving of Fage 0 greek yougurt and 1 apple about 500 cal. Every now I then I will have a apple on the way to work or a protein shake that would be around 730am. I normally get a nice run in at my lunch hour at work which is at about 11:30
  • LauraJo08
    LauraJo08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Well, I consider breakfast my most important meal, mostly because what I eat seems to set the tone for the rest of my day. I have about 6 different things than I eat, sometimes two of them together in smaller portions (I always try to get protein and carbs).

1. 1/2 cup oats, 1 tsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp smuckers natural chunky peanut butter
    2. 1 whole wheat bagel thin, 1 tbsp S.N.C. peanut butter, 1/2 banana
    3. 2 whole eggs, omelette style with 1 mushroom, and 1/8 cup athenos feta
    4. 1 cup oatmeal squares, 1 cup kashi fiber twigs, 1/2 cup skim milk
    5. 1 smoothie: 1/3 cup frozen strawberries, 1/3 cup frozen mango, 1/3 cup frozen blueberries, 2/3 cup greek plain nonfat yogurt, 1/2 cup baby kale, 1/2 scoop golden standard vanilla protein powder
    6. 2 pieces 45 calorie wheat bread, 2 eggs, 1/4 cup feta cheese.

A year ago, I used to skip breakfast or I hated it. Now it is my favorite meal of the day.
  • maryaroy32
    maryaroy32 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love apple cinnamon sugar free oatmeal with a small, chopped up apple, and banana but this takes forever in the morning so I live on fruit loops and light soy milk. I'm half embarrassed. Lmao I'm like a kid, but at 5 am ya just autopilot your way through 200 calories. haha
  • MomMel65
    MomMel65 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    What I WANT: Like a pound of fried bacon, egg/cheese/mushroom omelette, toast, and a BIG glass of milk with a donut to boot.

What I HAVE: 2 small scrambled eggs, 1 piece of oat toast, 1 c. of sliced strawberries, 1/2 c. grapes, and a BIG glass of ice water.

What I "want" surely attributed to where I am right now! But oooooohhhhh, bacon; my downfall. So it's not in my house anymore. I have to laugh when them "Beggin' Strips" dog treats commercials come on TV, because if I was a dog, that would SO be me!! LOL!!
  • trudefaith
    trudefaith Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    most days I have

coffee

1/2 cup dry oatmeal cooked in 1 cup water with
    1/2 small banana
    1 tbsp chopped walnuts
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1 scoop kal stevia ( the scoop comes in the jar its about 1/16 of a tsp)
    and a drop of vanilla
    served with 1/2 cup almond milk
  • jwillie76
    jwillie76 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump
  • daniela_dimech
    Options
    I want to inspire as many people as i can follow me on my blog , and add me on my fitness pall for meals :)

http://healthy--happiness.tumblr.com/
  • JLWesterlund
    JLWesterlund Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 6:30, have a cup of coffee at work and then breakfast at 9:30. I usually have Special K w/ skim milk or cottage cheese w/ fruit.
  • tammyj83
    tammyj83 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My IDEAL breakfast is one that someone else makes for me. My USUAL breakfast is a breakfast shake and coffee with cream, no sugar. The shake consists of:

Kefir (homemade)
    wheat germ
    wheat bran
    banana
    frozen blueberries
    psyllium husks
    bee pollen

:love:
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    One cooked by another person and served to me in bed, followed by me rolling over and sleeping another few hours. :smile:
  • FlemishFairy
    FlemishFairy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    1) Oat bran pancake with blueberries and raspberries
    2) Mushroom omelet with 1 whole egg and 2 eggwhites and 75 grams of Turkey breast
    3) 3 slices of whole wheat bread, light cream cheese and a cup of vitalinea yoghurt with fruit on the side (most calories)

I like steamed eggs as well, and I always eat a piece of fruit at breakfast (most of the time an orange)
  • jenlayport
    jenlayport Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    love my kashi cereal and have it almost every morning w/ 1% milk. I almost always add fresh fruit-- 1/2 a banana, blue or strawberries =)
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Bacon, mushrooms, tomato, onion, capsicum ,microwaved zucchini or Bok Choy. Coffee. Sometimes add an egg and /or whole meal English muffin. Balsamic vinegar on the tomato and onion.

Goto meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner.