What is your most embarrassing "fat" moment in your life?

Options

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    When my ex and I took our kids to the farm fair and tried to get on an amusement ride....I didnt fit.
  • 7nthsign
    7nthsign Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Looking at pictures posted on Facebook from a family wedding and saw a picture of someone bent over a table talking to someone. Her *kitten* was huge and the legs looked like cellulite filled tree trunks, and thinking Oh my God if I was that woman I would be so embarrased this was on FB. Until I realized...that HUGE woman was ME! Ugh!
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    My worst one was when I was dress shopping for my brothers wedding at lane bryant. I refused to accept that I was really too big for their clothes anymore. I kept trying to squeeze myself into the size 28s. I actually got stuck IN a dress. I pulled it up over my head and it just wouldnt go any farther. I pulled it back down and tried going down over my hips.... even less of a chance. So back over my head it went. It just wouldnt budge. my arms stuck up in the air.... I just cried. I finally had to ask for help from the sales lady to get out.

Reminds me of

dress-rage.png
  • ren888
    ren888 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'll never forget in the sixth grade, I was 11-12 years old, this one boy that sat behind me called me names like "Fatso" every day. Really... every, single day. It played a huge role in leading me to anorexia at age 13-14. Now I'm just trying to be healthy and happy!
  • LisaGore1
    LisaGore1 Posts: 41
    Options
    when I was walking through a store and thought I wasn't as big as I was and tried to squeeze in between the rack and a little kid and actually knocked the kid over with my hip. I repeatedly said sorry and the Mom gave me the dirtiest look I have ever had............ or when I was in high school and all the kids would grab the walls and yell earthquake when I was walking down the hall.
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    When i couldnt fit in the plane seats when seeing my parents in may :/ was thinking gees their seats have strunk :laugh: then it dawned on me... Its not the seats its me :sad:
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I've had it happen twice:

First time, I was in the Air Force, as a C-130 Crew Chief, so being one of the only females it was even more awkward.. One of my flight chiefs brought be into the office with the other flight chiefs and he sat me down, and looked at me and says "we don't want to make this awkward but we are very concerned, I'm going to ask you this because I had it happen in our squadron when I was an airman. We had a female crew chief get pregnant and kept it a secret until she had the baby in the bathroom and tried to hide it in the garbage. Are you pregnant? We notice you gaining a lot of weight....." ughh!! I gain most of my fat in the waist so if I get any heavier I look like I'm expecting, not just fat. To make it worse, I just had my depo shot and was a day after it was due so they do a mandatory preggo test so I was 100% sure I wasn't. I was about 170lbs.. but it sure kicked my butt in gear and I lost 20-25lbs...

Second time, I was a bar manager at a comedy club, bartending at the time, when a couple sitting on the end ordered some drinks, and the lady asks me "when are you due?" I said "I'm not.".. She turned bright red and tried to appologize but could barely say anything.. I told her it was okay.. not the first time (it's actually happened a few more times but these two are the most memorable). I weighed about 180 (gained a bunch after being kinda depressed after getting outta the military) at the time, this was in 2010.. Enough I told myself! I started running... In 2011, I got serious about weight lifting.. and currently I'm 133lbs!! =)
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    When I looked at myself in the mirror naked and then gave up ever wanting to be part of a couple...
    That has since passed but it was a hard one to swallow..
    I look back at photos of me in that time frame and I dont recognize myself..
  • kealey1318
    kealey1318 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys seem to have nailed a few of my 'favorite embarassing fat moments'...

I've been asked if I was pregnant... I wasn't

I've been picked on at school... a LOT! One time an SUV full of high school boys pulled up next to me, I was only about 150 pounds at the time, and yelled that I should start Jenny Craig...

I've gotten stuck in clothes before...

Oh wait, I was just supposed to share one? LOL At some point you just have to let it go because otherwise, it'll tear you down! I choose to build myself up!
  • carriparton
    carriparton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just now going through my mom's closet to get some of her clothes.
    My 4 year old nephew telling me I am fat like the WWE wrestlers he likes. I know he didn't mean anything bad by it, but it hurt.
    Sitting on the floor to play with my nephews and niece and not being able to get up.
    Seeing myself naked in a mirror and not wanting anyone else to see what I saw.
  • wildflow30
    wildflow30 Posts: 27
    Options
    I went clothes shopping with a friend and stepped onto the podium and saw myself in the 3 way mirror. I only have chest or waist up mirrors in my house.
    Hence my signature "who is that following me? Oh my God, its my @ss."
  • tipyourbartender
    tipyourbartender Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    When my ex-husband and I were in Wal-Mart shopping for clothes for my 3-month-old daughter.... I was going to go down an aisle but saw it was blocked... so, I started backing up to get back out of the aisle. He started saying "beep beep beep" (that noise that big trucks make when they back up) and then yelled "watch out, shoppers, wide load coming through". There were tons of people everywhere and they all started laughing. I was mortified.

Needless to say, the *kitten* and I are no longer married. My current husband would never act like that.

GOOD RIDDANCE!
  • pabule
    pabule Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry that happened to you! When I was a little girl in line at Six Flags that happened to a lady. I can still remember the workers saying, "suck it in lady"! That haunts me when I want to go on a ride today. I can't tell you how many times I've been afraid to try rides because I didn't want that to happen to me. I love that you stuck it out and tried to do it. I think that's amazing! We're going to Fiesta Six Flags tomorrow. I'm 48 years old...maybe I'll try a new ride just because of your courage!! Thanks for sharing!! :noway:
  • mom2enlp
    mom2enlp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Disney's California Adventure used to have these swings that lifted into the air and rotated. My daughter wanted me to go on it with her, and I weighed over 300 lbs. I don't remember if there was a weight limit on them, but the attendant looked at me kinda funny when we went through the line. It took me a couple of minutes to wedge myself into the swing, and it was incredibly painful (I had bruises for days afterward). There's this little bar with a hook on it that you're supposed to lift up and attach between your legs to hold you in...I could't reach down far enough to get it because my stomach was in the way. They finally had to help my out of the swing and since my daughter was too little to ride alone, she had to get off too, which made her cry because she didn't understand.

I will never forget that day as long as I live. And no matter how much weight I lose, the humiliation of it will stay with me. Thankfully, my daughter doesn't seem to remember it.
  • SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Oh wait, I was just supposed to share one? LOL At some point you just have to let it go because otherwise, it'll tear you down! I choose to build myself up!

I think one of the hardest parts of starting the weight loss journey is learning that. I am still working on getting rid of the echoes of the past.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    When I was at my heaviest (I honestly can't tell you what number that was, as I avoided scales at all costs. I do know I was embarrassingly close to 300lbs. Probably 275ish), I went to see one of my favourite bands at a notorious Phoenix dive and we arrived pretty early, so we grabbed seats at an outdoor table to enjoy a beer. The tables were plastic, as were the chairs. I really do suspect the chair was on its last legs (ha, ha) before I ever sat down, but when it came crashing to the ground and took me with it-- well, I don't know if I've ever felt so simultaneously fat and humiliated.

You'd think I might have done something about my problem with food then, but it was about a year before I even seriously considered it.
  • Beana21
    Beana21 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one whose worst experience was on the roller coaster. Jeez... lol. I had to get off Apollo's Chariot at Busch Gardens because the hydraulic lap band wouldn't "click". After waiting in line for over an hour, on the busiest day the park had. So everrrrrybody was watching, along with 20 of my colleagues. It was so embarrassing.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I hate those little spinning counter things that are at fairs,amusement parks, etc.....i have to turn sideways, then go on my tippy toes so my butt lifts above them so i can actually go through.
  • GCAsMom
    GCAsMom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Several years ago, my boys' scout troop went to a little amusement park nearby. I went to get on one of the rides, one of those spinning ones, I sat down and the worker pulled the overhead bar down and couldn't get it to latch. He didn't try to push on it, he just said, "You're not going to fit." I'd never been so humiliated in my life as I had to walk back around and off.

It gets worse... I saw another woman getting off the ride and I pointed her out to the other scout moms whom I was friends with and asked, "She's bigger than me, isn't she?" (The woman was quite heavy.) They didn't answer me, but hem-hawed because they didn't want to hurt my feelings. But I understood what they were saying. I was fat. That was my rock bottom moment. I lost and regained, though, so here I am again.

The upside to the story is I recently told my youngest that I wanted to go back to the amusement park next year when I've lost this weight and he looked at me and said, "Mom, you aren't nearly as big as you were then." What a sweetheart!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    When my ex-husband and I were in Wal-Mart shopping for clothes for my 3-month-old daughter.... I was going to go down an aisle but saw it was blocked... so, I started backing up to get back out of the aisle. He started saying "beep beep beep" (that noise that big trucks make when they back up) and then yelled "watch out, shoppers, wide load coming through". There were tons of people everywhere and they all started laughing. I was mortified.

Needless to say, the *kitten* and I are no longer married. My current husband would never act like that.

GOOD RIDDANCE!

I agree. What a horrible husband. :/