• cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    TOM means I don't pull out.

LOL
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else (didn't read every reply) but, the first 2 full days of my period are almost completely unproductive. There is no way that I could work out during those first 2 days. It's not the cramps that keep me from working out, it's the fact that, since having my children, I pass blood clots the size of puppies. Imagine heavy lifting while that's going on. Yeah, no thanks. :indifferent:
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Anyone else felt the great big gush while lifting heavy during TOM? Lol. Uh... TMI ;)
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Anyone else felt the great big gush while lifting heavy during TOM? Lol. Uh... TMI ;)

ewww hehehehe.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. At one time, I would have agreed. I've never had a cramp in my life for TOM. But after having a baby (2 decades ago!), I lost so much blood I was anemic for a year. There are women who have real health issues surrounding TOM and their reproduction. So I am not in a position to judge anyone about any of it, even though I've never had as much as a tiny twinge of a cramp in my life.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options

You do know that women can get pregnant during their TOM...it's not common but it can happen.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options

You do know that women can get pregnant during their TOM...it's not common but it can happen.

^This. Yeah, if he does it close to the end and his swimmers live to the 5 day mark, even the 7 day mark (on rare occasions), well, Congrats on being a new daddy!!!
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    lol Seriously? It REALLY bothers you? GMAFB...if I don't want to ride a bike or whatever because I'm gushing a river out of my hoo ha and some cotton isn't holding it in.....not to mention the horrific cramping that comes with it...that's my business and I shouldn't have to justify it to anyone. Wow..mine must be near because this thread got me all worked up. lol
  • suthrnladey
    Options

You should STILL pull out. My mom has been a nurse for many years. She has ran across several women who only had unprotected sex while it was their TOM.
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options

^This. Yeah, if he does it close to the end and his swimmers live to the 5 day mark, even the 7 day mark (on rare occasions), well, Congrats on being a new daddy!!!

Heh, it's funny...I use an app on my phone to track things and I am currently in my "green week," even though I'm a-bleedin'. Short cycles make for fertility during the red tide. :laugh:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    TOM means there's no way in hell my diver is going in without a wetsuit.
  • armadillolabrat
    armadillolabrat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This site is at its best when offering support, motivation and inspiration not when being judgmental of others. You cannot know what another person is experiencing when it is their TOM so lighten up and just focus on yourself.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options

You should STILL pull out. My mom has been a nurse for many years. She has ran across several women who only had unprotected sex while it was their TOM.

I'm not getting it on my hand

GROSS
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I rarely take a rest day and always push through during those times but there are days where I just can't perform well from the worse days so yeah, I take a break from exercising. Doesn't mean I sit on my butt all day but sometimes it just isn't worth the pain and discomfort to try and push through it. Everybody is different in how it affects them. Some much worse than others so why does it bother you so much? I tried pushing through it today and wish I had just taken the day off. Every one of my lifts went down. I couldn't get my previous weights up because of the discomfort so I feel as if the whole workout was a waste when I could have rested and did it another day this week.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm going to assume you mean women with a normal TOM.. because I have PCOS and I'm usually throwing up and can't walk - usually have to call in to work. Luckily I get one -maybe- once a year.

With that said.. I would kill for a normal TOM. I would work through it, but that's just me. No judgment here.
  • RNGirl72
    RNGirl72 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ha ha ha ha ha ha!
  • Demmuscles
    Demmuscles Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I exercise at home during TOM fine. However I won't go to zumba at the beginning of it, because it just is not comfortable doing high impact jumping around and squatting, and my class is full on.
    I find TOM a good time to weight train and do fast walks.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I exercise at home during TOM fine. However I won't go to zumba at the beginning of it, because it just is not comfortable doing high impact jumping around and squatting, and my class is full on.
    I find TOM a good time to weight train and do fast walks.

That's the spirit.

Finally, a very positive post.

:)
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    me, i love working out when i have my period. it makes the blood squirt out.

oooooh. squats and deadlifts! *squirt*

Ooooh! Treadmill! *squirt! squirt! squirt!*

Gross? Yeah, well not everyone is the same. I bleed like i been shot and tampons are useless. Ever try running with a maxipad? Can you say RASH?!?!?

hahaha. Yeah. I don't particularly care what anyone else thinks, but I thought I'd share for those who might be pursuaded to agree with OP.... some of us don't work out when we are bleeding to keep the gym from turning into a biohazard zone.

This was the visual I got from this post.

shiningbloodgif.gif

That's hilarious!!!! Hahha! Now I'm gonna think of that...
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    The OP has deactivated their account. Troll!
This discussion has been closed.