Calling All REAL animal lovers!!!

Options

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    3-11.jpg

You contribute nothing to this thread. Why bother finding images to post here without a proper argument?

My argument is this:

PETA are effin idiots

Animal Cruelty sucks, I have pitbull rescues.

I eat meat, its tasty, and has many nutrients that the body needs

People in this thread have first world problems.
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I am an animal lover and know they have feelings and a social order according to their species. I eat minimal meat (at the chagrin of some of my MFP friends provide unsolicited feedback about me needing to eat more meat).

However, I feel that animals are part of the food chain and it is right for humans to consume them, if they choose to do so. I feed my dogs a raw carnivorous diet.

That said, I do feel that animals should be slaughtered humanely -- think the scene in Avatar when they killed animals for consumption with respect. Also think "Temple Grandin" the autistic professor who patented cattle processes that killed humanely.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian, animal rights activist, and animal lover. But, I have an issue with how you say that humans are not superior. We are. It's a simple fact. We are smarter and more advanced. However, I do agree that it isn't our place to take advantage of that. I do agree that we shouldn't cause animals any harm whatsoever. Thank you for posting!

What about rats that carry bubonic plague, or bats with rabies ect? We should let them run a muck right?
    That's different, because they pose a danger to us, they are a threat. If I was out camping with you and you were being attacked by a bear I wouldn't be like "Aw hell naw, I'm vegan man! I'm not going to lay a FINGER on that bear even though it's about to kill you!!" (Quoting Gary Yorovsky)
    If something's posing a threat to you, then yes, it needs to be dealt with. But that's entirely different from the reasons we slaughter and take advantage of animals.

So you, being superior to animals, can kill them with tools. Gotcha.

Hypocrisy at its finest.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options

My argument is this:

PETA are effin idiots

Animal Cruelty sucks, I have pitbull rescues.

I eat meat, its tasty, and has many nutrients that the body needs

People in this thread have first world problems.

Okay dude, thats agreeable.
  • lovecrescendo
    lovecrescendo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am TOTALLY on the same boat with you girl!! Like, COMPLETELY.

And everyone says that animals are part of the food chain... but...
    1. If you look at a human's body vs. a carnivore's body (an animal that is SUPPOSED to eat other animals) we are not equipped to eat meat... much longer intestinal tract... no canines (don't give me the crap about our 'canines' --- REAL flesh-eating canines do just that -- rip through raw skin and flesh and muscle. Try that with a human's puny 'canines', won't work), no claws, etc...

Did you not see the recent news? You know, of the man that was shot 6 times whilst eating another man's face?
    Alright, then, tell me this -- all true carnivores, along with much larger canines than ours, also have an instinct to kill. Every time you see a squirrel hop past you, is your first instinct to chase after it, tear it apart with your bear hands and canines and pick it clean off its bones?

Our food behavior is learned, also with many animals and I'm sure if I was hungry and that has been my food source I would want to find a way to kill it and eat it. Heck, I can look at pigs and think of them as food and how tasty they are.
    Yes, but when you look at a pig do you imagine eating tearing it apart and eating it raw, blood, tendons, muscles, organs and all? That's what all other carnivores do. But to humans, the idea of killing an eating an animal raw on the spot is just mortifying.

I also find the thought of eating an unwashed, dirt-covered carrot mortifying. Better not eat anything ever.
    Hahaha. If you were starving and you had the choice between killing a pig with your bear hands and canines and eating its raw flesh and organs and blood and whatnot, and eating a carrot out of the ground, I'm pretty sure you would choose the carrot.
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    Demotivational-Posters-Bacon-3-600x480.jpg
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Perhaps 'convert' wasn't the right word -- his blog exposes the harsh truth of what goes on in the meat and dairy industries. People have discovered his blog and discovered the truth and have decided to go vegan. It's not like he pressured his beliefs on them, that's not what I was trying to say, but I guess it came out that way, haha.
    Oh, OK, that's fine. I was pretty perturbed at the idea of some jerk going around telling people they should be vegetarian/vegan and flashing animal cruelty photos at them, haha.
    You're right, many of us know what's going on and still allow it to happen -- however, every day, more and more people discover what's going on and are NOT okay with it. It's not about being hopeful -- do you think women were just 'hopeful' that one day they would have equal rights as men? No, they took a stand, they fought for what they believed in. And that's what the animal activist community is doing.
    The big difference being that women's rights probably aided our economy, whereas changing how farms work could not only have a detrimental effect on the economy (in the short term, at least, but probably long term, as well) but also our food supply. It's a slippery slope.
  • CassieReannan
    Options
    Bible is the way!
    Leviticus 19:20-22: "And whosoever lieth carnally with a woman, that is a bondmaid, betrothed to an husband, and not at all redeemed, nor freedom given her; she shall be scourged; they shall not be put to death, because she was not free. And he shall bring his trespass offering unto the LORD, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, even a ram for a trespass offering. And the priest shall make an atonement for him with the ram of the trespass offering before the LORD for his sin which he hath done: and the sin which he hath done shall be forgiven him."

No, bible is not the way for everyone. Stop shoving random quotes in this thread, its wasting your time.
  • lovecrescendo
    lovecrescendo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian, animal rights activist, and animal lover. But, I have an issue with how you say that humans are not superior. We are. It's a simple fact. We are smarter and more advanced. However, I do agree that it isn't our place to take advantage of that. I do agree that we shouldn't cause animals any harm whatsoever. Thank you for posting!

What about rats that carry bubonic plague, or bats with rabies ect? We should let them run a muck right?
    That's different, because they pose a danger to us, they are a threat. If I was out camping with you and you were being attacked by a bear I wouldn't be like "Aw hell naw, I'm vegan man! I'm not going to lay a FINGER on that bear even though it's about to kill you!!" (Quoting Gary Yorovsky)
    If something's posing a threat to you, then yes, it needs to be dealt with. But that's entirely different from the reasons we slaughter and take advantage of animals.

So you, being superior to animals, can kill them with tools. Gotcha.

Hypocrisy at its finest.
    I'm sorry, what? o_o It's not about superiority at all -- if something's posing a danger to me I'm not going to stand there and let it hurt me, the same way that if I seemed to be a threat to a cat it would hiss at me and bite me to keep me away from it. It's an instinct, to protect yourself.
  • heretocount
    Options
    I think we are all here to serve
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I am TOTALLY on the same boat with you girl!! Like, COMPLETELY.

And everyone says that animals are part of the food chain... but...
    1. If you look at a human's body vs. a carnivore's body (an animal that is SUPPOSED to eat other animals) we are not equipped to eat meat... much longer intestinal tract... no canines (don't give me the crap about our 'canines' --- REAL flesh-eating canines do just that -- rip through raw skin and flesh and muscle. Try that with a human's puny 'canines', won't work), no claws, etc...

Did you not see the recent news? You know, of the man that was shot 6 times whilst eating another man's face?
    Alright, then, tell me this -- all true carnivores, along with much larger canines than ours, also have an instinct to kill. Every time you see a squirrel hop past you, is your first instinct to chase after it, tear it apart with your bear hands and canines and pick it clean off its bones?

Our food behavior is learned, also with many animals and I'm sure if I was hungry and that has been my food source I would want to find a way to kill it and eat it. Heck, I can look at pigs and think of them as food and how tasty they are.
    Yes, but when you look at a pig do you imagine eating tearing it apart and eating it raw, blood, tendons, muscles, organs and all? That's what all other carnivores do. But to humans, the idea of killing an eating an animal raw on the spot is just mortifying.

I also find the thought of eating an unwashed, dirt-covered carrot mortifying. Better not eat anything ever.
    Hahaha. If you were starving and you had the choice between killing a pig with your bear hands and canines and eating its raw flesh and organs and blood and whatnot, and eating a carrot out of the ground, I'm pretty sure you would choose the carrot.

Pretty sure you're wrong but okay.
  • FULTZ10
    FULTZ10 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

But the Bible is true. I believe the bible because it is a reliable collection of historical documents written down by eye witnesses during the life time of other eye witnesses. That reports supernatural events that took place in fulfillment of specific prophecies and claim to be divine rather than human in origin, like Psalm 22 which is a description of Christ crucifixion written by a man who had never seen a crucifixion because it had not been invented yet. The bible has more than 6000 manuscripts, which are all the same, proving it hasn’t been changed. The bible was written by 40+ authors in a time frame of 1600 years and three continents, and it all lines up so it must be God-breathed therefore true.

And thats your belief.. Other people surprisingly have different beliefs about god. This isnt a religious debate so why does god have to be thrown into it?
    My belief is backed by many facts and I quoted a verse that related to the OP post and it was shot down so I defended it, AND because without God we would not be here.
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    Demotivational-Posters-Bacon-17-525x480.jpg
  • teacupowl
    teacupowl Posts: 104
    Options

Not entirely true...I have a few menfolk friends that absolutely love to take a few bites of raw steak before throwing it on the grill. :D

Really, it's only disgusting because that's how our society views it now. Plenty of meat was eaten raw in the past, including ritualistic purposes. If the world ends and society crumbles, and I have to chose between starving or killing an animal and consuming parts of it raw, you can bet I'll be getting my hands bloody.

Not to mention some of those crazies they find living in the wilderness and reverting back to a primal mental state...
  • FULTZ10
    FULTZ10 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The people who wrote the bible were never eye witnesses to anything that had happened, the true authors are not those who claim they are and the bible has been changed many times. There are no two identical bibles from back in the day.
    [/quote]

I truly would like to know where you got this information, it would be interesting to look over.
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    My belief is backed by many facts and I quoted a verse that related to the OP post and it was shot down so I defended it, AND because without God we would not be here.
    [/quote]

That is false. My dairy fart gave birth to life on this rock.
  • fiveohmike
    Options

Not entirely true...I have a few menfolk friends that absolutely love to take a few bites of raw steak before throwing it on the grill. :D

Really, it's only disgusting because that's how our society views it now. Plenty of meat was eaten raw in the past, including ritualistic purposes. If the world ends and society crumbles, and I have to chose between starving or killing an animal and consuming parts of it raw, you can bet I'll be getting my hands bloody.

Not to mention some of those crazies they find living in the wilderness and reverting back to a primal mental state...

Nothing wrong with raw meat at all.

Its actually quite tasty, and bring you closer to the food/source. Dont get me wrong I love cooked meat, but there is something very primal about munching into a raw steak.
  • CassieReannan
    Options

But the Bible is true. I believe the bible because it is a reliable collection of historical documents written down by eye witnesses during the life time of other eye witnesses. That reports supernatural events that took place in fulfillment of specific prophecies and claim to be divine rather than human in origin, like Psalm 22 which is a description of Christ crucifixion written by a man who had never seen a crucifixion because it had not been invented yet. The bible has more than 6000 manuscripts, which are all the same, proving it hasn’t been changed. The bible was written by 40+ authors in a time frame of 1600 years and three continents, and it all lines up so it must be God-breathed therefore true.

And thats your belief.. Other people surprisingly have different beliefs about god. This isnt a religious debate so why does god have to be thrown into it?

Okay name one time that God came to earth and annouced himself to all humans... until then dont force your belief on anyone.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I adore my animals. Can not even begin to explain to you my passion for my pets. With that said I love my horse as well. She is a pet first and a member of my herd I worry about her happiness. I do ride her and ask her to work. She enjoys it! She gets antsy when we can't go, when we are on the trails she is happy. The bond there is amazing.

As a passionate person for pets animal cruelty and abuse get to me. Not animals who have a job. Animals who serve and are intelligent enough to do so and enjoy their work are amazing to me.
This discussion has been closed.