Options

Replies

• enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I love the self-righteousness in this thread

"Bash anyone who wants to eat meat"

"Bash anyone who believes in religion"

"All of my personal believes are perfectly fine and there is absolutely nothing wrong with my mentality. Its everybody else who is crazy!"

I wasn't denying your beliefs or "bashing" anyone about it. My beliefs are my own and if you believe in god, eating animals or so forth go right ahead.
    The bible? The bible is a joke. Saying that animals are slaves of men because the bible says so is like saying women will always be inferior and are the reason sin exists.

At least I can sleep a little better knowing someone else thinks the bible is a joke.

The bible is a joke IMO. Shrug.
    People here are making jokes about the OP and sniding about how animals are so tasty ect. Cool, we get theyre tasty but this is not what the thread is about. Is that ignorance or just stupidity?

And you don't see how that's attacking someone else's beliefs? I'm not Christian. I'm Pagan. I still found that offensive. And that you don't see how that could be considered attacking someone else's beliefs is just pathetic. Yet you lose sleep over the eating habits of other people. Wow.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    funny-vegetarian-sign-joke.jpg
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hmmm an MFP thread just turned into "Animal Farm".....scary
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Do you know who your father's father's father's father's father's father's father's father's father's father's father's father's father's father's father's father's father was? You don't? But you do know he existed since you're here right?

You know air exist? Tell me one time when you saw it.

While the person quoting bible is inappropriate but so is what you're saying.

LOL but you see they arent god. AIR is proven to exist because we breathe it in and can remake it easily. Things that cant be seen can be proven to be seen scientifically (bacteria ect). Can I look at God in a microscope or scientifically prove he exists? Facts and data about god? All there is a book someone wrote... do you know that person even wrote the real tale? Were they just a lonely person stuck underground making up stories about a person called Jesus. Your argument is invalid.

Can I see god and breathe in god? and then I read a book about god, holy cow its real! I read plenty of non fiction.

You weren't able to see bacteria in a microscope not too long ago. Science evolved. Air can be felt but then again, gods existance has been felt by many too. Fact and data? Miracles. Miracles are something athiests call conincidences but for many of the believers thats too many coincidences to be simply called coinincidence.

I am a person who's getting his Masters in Computer Science and am daily surrounded by brilliant minds. I hear everyday debates about gods existence and non-existence. You know the difference between those brilliant minds and ...well you? They are 1) Tolerant of each others and 2) They donot reject the other sides arguments.

Science have unfortunately not uncovered everything. Did you know that a tribe in Africa has been worshiping a star in a completely different galaxy. Actually its not even the star they're worshipping, its that stars planets moon. They've been worshipping that moon that is naked to the eye for thousands of years and not until recently the scietists didn't even think it was possible. The tribe claims that angels from that moon came to warn them and so they worship that moon as the home of the angels.

Scientists also had everybody believe that earth was flat. That the sun revolved around the earth. It took another scietist to prove otherwise. While you don't have to believe in god, you also should be open to the idea that there might be something out there. After all, many scientists in the past have come to believe in god after researching more and more concluding that the universe, human body, nature is just too perfect to be a conincidence and there has to be another power involved.

Don't be a close minded, keep an open mind
  • twiztid_princess
    Options
    I believe that animals aren't here for us to dominate and control. I think that that factory farming is horrendous. I think that even the animals we eat should be treated properly. When I had a dog (til he passed away) he always ate better than I did.. when i was on a ramen noodle diet, he was eating dog food that was $60 a bag and was treated as if he was a my kid, but he still knew his place in the household..

It bothers me how people don't really have a regard for animals.
  • FULTZ10
    FULTZ10 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

I don't want to force my beliefs on anyone but I do feel the need to spread the Word of God that being said here are a couple of the examples you wanted.
    Gen 17:1 When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to him and said, "I am God Almighty; walk before me and be blameless.

And there is also Christ whole ministry on Earth from his birth to his death. You can read all about that in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

Dont want to force my beliefs on anyone...

Spread word of god...

Another bible quote....

Just telling, God's word does not go out void He will use it for his glory. It's not up to me to convince you, but I do have a responsibility to share the truth.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    We treat animals a lot like animals treat each other.
    Earth creatures eat one another.
    Welcome to reality.
    If somebody does not want to eat animal flesh, fine. Just don't snivel over the fact that most humans do.
    Life at the top of the food chain has its benefits.
    Buon Appetito
    600180_412912828749527_1148033529_n.jpg

I'm sure you would love being mistreated, underfed, farmed and then killed for your flesh to be eaten by creatures bigger than you. I have been vegetarian all my life have no problems with omnivornes. Just because you're a human doesnt mean you have to be ignorant. I do too believe animals were ment to be eaten, but to the extent.. Now they are farmed soley for meat.

What do you think would happen to these domesticated species if we stopped farming them for food? Do you think that these domesticated species will be able to suddenly fend for themselves? Doubtful. Just like I doubt that my Chihuahua could fend for himself without having a human to care for him.
    We purposefully raised these animals for the sole purpose of slaughter. If we stopped raising them for food, these 'domesticated' animals wouldn't exist. There would only be wild ones.
    And go without meat to eat? Never going to happen. Buck up and just deal with reality. :glasses:
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Options
    Humans are only at the top of the food chain because we have weapons. Take those objects away and we would get our *kitten* kicked. I really hope man kind gets a wake up call, and soon.
    Let's sneak some weapons to the animals!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    Humans are only at the top of the food chain because we have weapons. Take those objects away and we would get our *kitten* kicked. I really hope man kind gets a wake up call, and soon.

I had a monkey throw poo at me at the zoo...does that count as a weapon?
  • mandydoll
    mandydoll Posts: 25
    Options
    This topic isn't about eating choices. Learn to read..
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options

I don't want to force my beliefs on anyone but I do feel the need to spread the Word of God that being said here are a couple of the examples you wanted.
    Gen 17:1 When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to him and said, "I am God Almighty; walk before me and be blameless.

And there is also Christ whole ministry on Earth from his birth to his death. You can read all about that in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

Dont want to force my beliefs on anyone...

Spread word of god...

Another bible quote....

Just telling, God's word does not go out void He will use it for his glory. It's not up to me to convince you, but I do have a responsibility to share the truth.

I am not religious, so I wont find this the truth no matter how many times you post it. :noway:
  • teacupowl
    teacupowl Posts: 104
    Options

Hey, chimps and otters already use tools. You never know when the revolution will begin...:wink:
  • fiveohmike
    Options

Its about pretentious, self-righteous, self entitled people who have no concept of reality, nor what goes on around the world on a daily basis. Its the very foundation of whats wrong in this country.
  • CassieReannan
    Options

You weren't able to see bacteria in a microscope not too long ago. Science evolved. Air can be felt but then again, gods existance has been felt by many too. Fact and data? Miracles. Miracles are something athiests call conincidences but for many of the believers thats too many coincidences to be simply called coinincidence.

I am a person who's getting his Masters in Computer Science and am daily surrounded by brilliant minds. I hear everyday debates about gods existence and non-existence. You know the difference between those brilliant minds and ...well you? They are 1) Tolerant of each others and 2) They donot reject the other sides arguments.

Science have unfortunately not uncovered everything. Did you know that a tribe in Africa has been worshiping a star in a completely different galaxy. Actually its not even the star they're worshipping, its that stars planets moon. They've been worshipping that moon that is naked to the eye for thousands of years and not until recently the scietists didn't even think it was possible. The tribe claims that angels from that moon came to warn them and so they worship that moon as the home of the angels.

Scientists also had everybody believe that earth was flat. That the sun revolved around the earth. It took another scietist to prove otherwise. While you don't have to believe in god, you also should be open to the idea that there might be something out there. After all, many scientists in the past have come to believe in god after researching more and more concluding that the universe, human body, nature is just too perfect to be a conincidence and there has to be another power involved.

You compared not seeing air to not seeing god and then state that you feel air and "feel" god. Whats the difference? I believe in miracles and all of the sorts, that doesnt mean I have believe in god. Then you filled in the argument with pointless information about science that I already knew about. I am open minded, but just because I am not religious doesnt mean I have a closed one.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Options

I had a monkey throw poo at me at the zoo...does that count as a weapon?
    Yes, and I was attacked by a baby seal last year during the annual harvest up in Alaska.
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options

Oh, oh!! Is it about misplacing anger to human weaponry when that is entirely irrelevant to conversation and life in general? Is it?
  • fiveohmike
    Options

You compared not seeing air to not seeing god and then state that you feel air and "feel" god. Whats the difference? I believe in miracles and all of the sorts, that doesnt mean I have believe in god. Then you filled in the argument with pointless information about science that I already knew about. I am open minded, but just because I am not religious doesnt mean I have a closed one.

You are absolutely closed minded. You claim to love science, but shut down any idea you dont like. Science is about being open minded. Einstein would be disappointed
  • CassieReannan
    Options
    You are absolutely closed minded. You claim to love science, but shut down any idea you dont like. Science is about being open minded. Einstein would be disappointed

I believe in science creating our world and I dont believe god exists until proven otherwise. I am not an idiot nor am I close minded, it is just my belief. Einstein would be disappointed? Einstein is dead, so is Jesus, God and the first Pope.
  • jhyan
    jhyan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I believe that animals aren't here for us to dominate and control. I think that that factory farming is horrendous. I think that even the animals we eat should be treated properly. When I had a dog (til he passed away) he always ate better than I did.. when i was on a ramen noodle diet, he was eating dog food that was $60 a bag and was treated as if he was a my kid, but he still knew his place in the household..

It bothers me how people don't really have a regard for animals.

Hypothetical situation: There is a massive natural disaster. You and your beloved pet are trapped far away from everyone with no idea of when rescue might come. You are both starving as there is no food available. Do you eat your pet to survive, or sacrifice your life to feed the pet? Think about that long and hard. I doubt there are many people who honestly would die so that a dog/cat/gerbil/whatever would live... and those that claim so, would not actually do so when in in that situation for real.

No disrespect to your passed pooch, but I know I would take the life of any animal before the life of any human. This doesn't mean I have no regard for the animal... in fact, I would be very grateful to the animal giving me the ability to live.
  • teacupowl
    teacupowl Posts: 104
    Options

Your entire post is so entirely true. I don't flaunt my religion around because I just don't feel like dealing with the kinds of people who don't understand it, or view it as something its now because it isn't mainstream. Where I believe the Earth and life came from may be different from yours, and I like to just agree to disagree.

Just because you don't believe in God doesn't mean you should instantly shut down everything another person says.

(Or, really, you could just go with my lovable crazy father and believe we're just a bit ole alien experiment. A recent viewing of Prometheus has only cemented this in his mind. ;D)

But, really, when did this turn into a religious debate or about whether it's healthy to eat meat? It's supposed to be about respecting animals and not viewing them as object solely to be used and abused.
This discussion has been closed.