Strangest Thing You Ever Seen At The Gym

Options

Replies

• amclaws25
    amclaws25 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    This grey haired guy sitting in front of the mirror and his balls were hanging out!!...wait..what?

Omg! I would die. "Excuse me sir, are you missing a nut?" Lol
  • amclaws25
    amclaws25 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Oh! I did have a stupid moment at my gym. I was doing calf raises on a box a little too close to the emergency exit of my 24 hour gym. I came off it shaking from my legs burning and totally bumped the door with my *kitten*! Alarm went off for 10 minutes then the cops showed up. Humiliating! Lol :embarassed:
  • azztkk
    azztkk Posts: 26
    Options
    I saw a very flamboyant guy dancing around in a very feminine manner like he was in a dance studio. He was jumping around and getting close to some weight lifters who were not amused.

I thought that it was some hidden camera prank or a filming of *kitten* III.
  • crystalmath
    Options
    I finished using a recumbent bike at my gym, and the screen flashed 'SLUT! 20:00 min'. I laughed so hard, it made my whole day.
  • dianniejt
    dianniejt Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    There is an old guy (late 70's probably) he puts the treadmill on a 15 incline and walks at 4.5 mph. He holds on as hard as he can and goes to town. I am always afraid he is going to have a heart attack. His knuckles are as white as they can be the rest of him is bright red. His feet are as far back as they can be without flying off.

There is a group of about 8 guys and 1 girl who all bring milk jugs full of water then they have 1 friend who brings something red in his. (maybe not that weird but its weird to me)

Today there was a teenage boy on the treadmill walking at .5 miles per hour for 20 minutes. He could definately go faster, most days he walks fast or runs. Today he was texting and walking. I wanted to reach over and turn it up a few mph. I pretended I didn't know him but in reality it was my son. LOL
  • Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    IMAG1325.jpg

i walked into the cardio room and see this chick sitting there on a bike/ peddler- and she looks at me real quick - i noticed she had snacks and a drink on the floor- she quicly picked them up and turned back around, the whole time im on the eliptical 20-30 minutes, i could see her in the relfection of the tv (cause i never turn it on) she would look at me evryonce and a while and turn back to watch tv, she never exercised, and when i left i snuck this picture. She just sat there on the bike and snacked and watched tv....really wierd.

LOL LOL LOL LOL this is the funniest thing I've seen in awhile!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I feel like I see something mind blowing about once a week- but never a parrot...that officially wins, I think.

Last week I saw a little tiny girl bench pressing a TON of weight, but only going (optimistically) less than half way. And it was intentional, because she added weight and continued doing weird half presses. It looks like at any moment she is going to drop the weight on her chest and die. I've stopped what I was doing and watched her- and caught the eye of at least one other guy who had stopped to blatantly watch her.

I saw a girl on a treadmill in a full length denim skirt- I know in her case it is a religious thing- but there MUST be something more comfortable than ankle length denim.

I saw a woman (who clearly was making it up as she went along) "load" 2.5# plates on the smith machine, so a total of 5#, then do 1/4 squats, then at the top of the squat like a half of an overhead press behind her neck, all very bouncy.

And finally, there is this older lady I see all the time who wears her long red frizzy hair in a lopsided ponytail on top of her head. I don't normally judge the way people look at the gym, but this is like a fashion felony, and the thing is constantly bouncing off her face, which must be annoying!
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    There is an old guy (late 70's probably) he puts the treadmill on a 15 incline and walks at 4.5 mph. He holds on as hard as he can and goes to town. I am always afraid he is going to have a heart attack. His knuckles are as white as they can be the rest of him is bright red. His feet are as far back as they can be without flying off.

There is a group of about 8 guys and 1 girl who all bring milk jugs full of water then they have 1 friend who brings something red in his. (maybe not that weird but its weird to me)

Today there was a teenage boy on the treadmill walking at .5 miles per hour for 20 minutes. He could definately go faster, most days he walks fast or runs. Today he was texting and walking. I wanted to reach over and turn it up a few mph. I pretended I didn't know him but in reality it was my son. LOL

I have the same old guy at my gym. Scares the crap out of me, I'm always afraid he is going to go flying off the back of the thing.
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Kinda late on a Thursday night I walked into the lady's' locker room to change and go home. I could hear one of the hand dryers going - you know the kind mounted on the wall that blow air at gale force. I came around a corner and there was a woman, back to me, wearing a tank top and nothing else, with her, um, lower regions angled under the dryer. She never turned around or stopped, but her back and bare rear end seemed embarrassed. I left as quickly as possible and have never gone back late on a Thursday.

lmfao :drinker:
  • kymivivid
    kymivivid Posts: 17
    Options
    I find it funny when I see people working out and drinking a coffee.........but I've seen it alot so IT happens ??? :huh:

alot of people use coffee as a pre workout
  • texastango
    texastango Posts: 309
    Options
    Sad But True:

I was on the elliptical next to a tread mill. We were both minding our own business and working out hard. The guy next to me was running his @ss off. Suddenly I hear a loud noise coming from that direction (like the sound of weights being dropped). I turn to my left to see this poor guy draped over the treadmill display.

I asked him if he was okay (as he grunted "Yes") and I asked him "What happened?"

Turns out that the treadmills were known to malfunction - and a sign was quickly posted after this - that they might "turn off without warning". Apparently the poor guy was running full spead and the machine abruptly turned itself off......and he ran right over the display.

Outch!
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    IMAG1325.jpg

i walked into the cardio room and see this chick sitting there on a bike/ peddler- and she looks at me real quick - i noticed she had snacks and a drink on the floor- she quicly picked them up and turned back around, the whole time im on the eliptical 20-30 minutes, i could see her in the relfection of the tv (cause i never turn it on) she would look at me evryonce and a while and turn back to watch tv, she never exercised, and when i left i snuck this picture. She just sat there on the bike and snacked and watched tv....really wierd.

Maybe her doctor told her she needed to go to the gym.

OMG!!!! So funny! Yet so sad too! haha. x
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    On the weekends at my gym, there's this girl that comes in, who rolls with her White Ducati bike. Funny thing is, when she's on the stationary bike or treadmill, she actually wears her white helmet while working out.

LMAO....Need a pic of this one! :)

:laugh: :laugh: has she got really bad acne or something?? or witness protection scheme?? :laugh: :laugh:
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Sad But True:

I was on the elliptical next to a tread mill. We were both minding our own business and working out hard. The guy next to me was running his @ss off. Suddenly I hear a loud noise coming from that direction (like the sound of weights being dropped). I turn to my left to see this poor guy draped over the treadmill display.

I asked him if he was okay (as he grunted "Yes") and I asked him "What happened?"

Turns out that the treadmills were known to malfunction - and a sign was quickly posted after this - that they might "turn off without warning". Apparently the poor guy was running full spead and the machine abruptly turned itself off......and he ran right over the display.

Outch!

Ouch Indeed! The pain and the embarrassment would have been a killer! x
  • Kara_xxx
    Options
    Apologies to anyone who is having their breakfast, but the weirdest think I've ever seen at the gym is a bit "eeew...".

One morning after gym I'm in the changing rooms just giving my hair a quick blow dry before work. This older very petite Chinese lady comes out of the shower, dries herself off, then stands next to me in front of the mirror (naked), gets a HUGE container of talcum powder, applies it LIBERALLY around her "lady garden", THEN takes the other hair dryer and blows herself with it down there, with all the spare talcum powder going everywhere. :huh: :huh: :huh: :sick:
  • Kara_xxx
    Options
    IMAG1325.jpg

Maybe her doctor told her she needed to go to the gym.

OMG!!!! So funny! Yet so sad too! haha. x

LOL. Not sure how long she would have lasted in my gym before someone would have asked her either use the machine or shift. :laugh:
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I saw a girl working out real slowly on the elliptical wearing flip flops. That's about the weirdest thing - it's not really a very crazy gym! And maybe they were fit-flops. Still, the main thing is she was working out, so props to her.
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    this guy was hanging on the pull up station but he wasnt doing pull ups. He was like.... doing the worm... but hanging. I'm not sure what it was for.... but he does it pretty often when I see him at the gym... It is pretty strange.

ANyone have any idea what that could have been?

I know someone who after a back injury was told by a doctor to do this, I think it stretches the back in a particular way.
  • Kara_xxx
    Options
    On the weekends at my gym, there's this girl that comes in, who rolls with her White Ducati bike. Funny thing is, when she's on the stationary bike or treadmill, she actually wears her white helmet while working out.

We have some hardcore spinners that wear their helmet when in the spin class too. A fellow Zumba girl told me that it's just in case they faint and fall off the bike, they won't get a head injury. Whatever works for them I guess.

When he said Ducati, I assumed he meant motorbike and hence motor bike helmet not cycle helmet. :huh:
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Just remembered, it wasn't at the gym but at the local park during a 5k fun run (I wasn't partaking, just walking round the park enjoying the air). A well built Jamaican lady went running past in a little running dress and there was some kind of wire or something hanging out the bottom of her dress, round the front. This dress barely covered her cr0tch. I hope to goodness it was an mp3 wire or something (tampax perhaps)! I saw her go past three times and each time I couldn't stop staring!