MFP Left-Handers Stand up and be Proud!!

Options

Replies

• Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I'm left-handed

I'm the only left handed person in my family other than my grandma on my dad's side.

My daughter is actually ambidextrous which was a HUGE help when she broke her arms.

Lauren
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Lefty - and birthday is actually on National Left-handers day!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I'm a south paw :)
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I'm leftie in everything except for a computer mouse, I'm even left footed. I'm completely accident prone as well, especially in sports.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Left handed here!
    I can't do anything right handed. Well the only thing I do right handed is use the mouse on the computer because that's how they were in school growing up.

There were 4 kids in my family and my parents, half of us are left handed the other half are right handed. I was the lucky one and am left handed :D

Oh and my husband is left handed and we created a little left handed princess :)
  • terpsoccer
    terpsoccer Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Write left handed, Throw and play golf right handed. Play hockey left handed go figure and lacrosse right hand dominant. Play guitar righthanded mainly because i played violin as a kid and there don't make left handed ones for orchestra.
  • arnoswife
    arnoswife Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    leftie here and damn proud of it!!:happy:
  • headlock_lynn
    headlock_lynn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am left handed too although I hold a tennis racket, broom and various other things in my right. (Hopeless at tennis by the way) Very good swimmer but no good at ball games. Do hold bat with right. (Perhaps that's the problem). Mother is also left handed.Am excellent at computer skills. Not very creative.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I am a lefty but pretty much the only thing I do left handed is write and sometimes eat left handed but I tend to eat more right handed. Tennis I am a righty, throwing a ball the same thing...
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    totally left here, and so is my son
  • thompsoj05
    thompsoj05 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am a Lefty:smile: I do several things with my right though(scissors etc)
    My daughter is a Lefty and so is her son, my grandson,
  • aquapup
    aquapup Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    lefty!
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i am a righty, but when i was a kid i wanted to be a lefty, so i practiced doing things with my left hand! :laugh: got pretty good, too! i grew out of that phase, so now i am back to being a righty, but there are a few things i can do well with either hand!
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Southpaw. I can bat and golf either handed. In gradeschool the bloody idiot teachers tried to make me right handed. That ended fast when my mom got wind of that nonsense.
  • Judanjos
    Judanjos Posts: 87
    Options
    I'm left handed. I can also write with my right hand and my son is pretty ambidextrous. :)
  • kmwellik
    kmwellik Posts: 3
    Options
    Lefty - but also do things with my right.

"I can go right, I can go left, I'm amphibious". Former NBA player Charles Shackleford

LOL!!
  • JuneyJo
    JuneyJo Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I started out as a lefty, but my mom trained me to be a righty. In jr high a friend broke his right wrist and was totally useless for weeks. I thought that would totally suck so I started trying to do things with my left hand and found that it was totally natural. My mom saw me and asked why I was using my left hand so I told her. She said "I worked hard to make sure you WEREN'T a lefty!"

I guess I should thank her because now I'm ambidexterous. I write, brush my teeth and cook right handed and do everything else left handed (including eat). When it comes to bowling, mini golf and air hockey - my "sports" - I'm a switch hitter. :wink:
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    I am also a lefty born to two right handed parents as well.
    I'm a lefty born to two right-handed parents. I believe there is only a 3% chance of that happening. My five year old son was right-handed from day one but I have an almost 2 year old daughter that uses her left hand a lot so there is still hope for her! :happy:
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Proud lefty, my dad was, I am, and my son is. I pretty much do everything with my left, except one. But that has to be cencsored!!
  • ComicBookGeekGirl
    Options
    I do everything except, use scissors, with my left hand. Not sure how I got to be a righty with scissors. I just remember the teachers trying to force me to use my right hand to write, and do other stuff and my mom claiming that there couldn't be two lefties in the family and that my brother was the real lefty, and even though I was 6 years older than him, I was faking it.