What is your most embarrassing moment at the gym?

Options

Replies

• _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Oh god! A few months back I was running on the treadmill at lets say 6 mph and i dropped my water bottle and I just blanked out and completely forgot that the treadmill was still going so I bent down to pick it up and it pushed me off of the treadmill and onto the floor and the water spilled all over me. Everyone stared at me awkwardly and I just burst out in laughter

ditto. Except I dropped my ipod. I flew off the back. But NO ONE even looked at me, they all looked away, feeling pity. I'd of rather them all laughed at me.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Before I started physical therapy for hip flexor issues, jogging on the treadmill was extremely painful. I was struggling to get through and focused on a rafter... And Almost fell off, in front of the windows and the entire gym.

Aside from that? My trainer was really into cardio training. Let's just say that after the first session of that, I Kegel like None Other!!

I'm waiting for someone to ask what Kegels are...LOL :)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    When I first tried Zumba...I tripped over my own feet and fell down in the middle of class. The next time I tried the class, I tripped someone else. Oops.:embarassed:

I took up running instead...I fall less
  • mollymoo89
    Options
    When I first tried Zumba...I tripped over my own feet and fell down in the middle of class. The next time I tried the class, I tripped someone else. Oops.:embarassed:

Hahahah not me. I was on a run with my then boyfriend and we were running on campus. Well that campus (undergrad) had brick sidewalks. Spencer and I got to a point where we took two different paths around a tree. Apparently I tripped on my shoelace and fell hard on the ground. I screamed at first, then cried, and then just laid there. Spencer didn't see me fall. He heard me scream and said that I was up one min and then down the next. We walked to the campus police and I asked for some bandaids (both knees bleeding) and she gave me a paper towel.

Another time, I was walking to the pond that is down the street and it was at night. Well I cant see at night and tripped over someones driveway. I was in the middle of the road and a car came and had to swerve. I walked back to the house with two bloody, bruised, and swollen knees.

I need to be more careful lol
  • mollymoo89
    Options

Hahahah not me. I was on a run with my then boyfriend and we were running on campus. Well that campus (undergrad) had brick sidewalks. Spencer and I got to a point where we took two different paths around a tree. Apparently I tripped on my shoelace and fell hard on the ground. I screamed at first, then cried, and then just laid there. Spencer didn't see me fall. He heard me scream and said that I was up one min and then down the next. We walked to the campus police and I asked for some bandaids (both knees bleeding) and she gave me a paper towel.

Another time, I was walking to the pond that is down the street and it was at night. Well I cant see at night and tripped over someones driveway. I was in the middle of the road and a car came and had to swerve. I walked back to the house with two bloody, bruised, and swollen knees.

I need to be more careful lol
  • kareb13
    kareb13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Laughed my bleep off. These were funny! I work at a gym and one day realized my pants were on inside out! LoL
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    When I was twelve, I decided to see if I could run 10Mi/Hr, so I put the Tredmill up full blast and jumped on. Needless to say, I flew off and smacked my head into a pole. Lucky or me, My next door neighbor saw it happen, so not only did I hurt myself and look like a fool, but my mom found out too... (I actually ended up with scabs in the pattern of the Tredmill belt traction. It scarred for awhile.... Kinda cool, actually.)

In terms of recent times, I have definitely been on the elliptical, lost my footing, and slipped, falling off mid-rotation.... Who does that?!
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Found this topic from a few months ago and want to save it to read later but here is mine....

It was just me and a young guy in the gym. I had eaten some hot chili the night before and let out an SBD (silent but deadly) toot. There was nothing I could do and no one else to blame it on so I just finished up my workout and pretended like nothing ever happened.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I wore a pair of light gray yoga pants to only realize after my workout that they were no longer light gray in certain parts because of how much I was sweating... yup that is embarrassing...
  • zephyrionitis
    Options
    The one time I talked my dad into a cycling class. My dad used to be a semi-pro bike racer. He's won many races and fell off the bandwagon until I talked him back into the class. I grew up riding the trails and streets in my community, and I wasn't used to stationary bikes totally. So I was getting in the zone and doing some visualization when my dad yells "car back!". I turn around so fast to check if there really is a car coming on the second floor of my gym that I tip my bike over with me clipped in it. I was perfectly fine other than a bruised ego, the instructor was trying not to laugh and my dad was openly laughing his butt off along with some other people.
    I've also had the pleasure of punching myself in the eye during kickboxing. However, being the only person to ever "crash" a stationary...you can't really beat that!
  • Erinslove
    Erinslove Posts: 139
    Options
    I was munching on raw carrots prior to my gym arrival. I stayed at the gym for quite some time using several machines and talking to NUMEROUS people. When I got in my car and caught a glimpse of myself in the vanity mirror I noticed I had 3 or 4 large pieces of carrot stuck in my teeth. WTF!?! How did I not feel them? Ugh.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I too have had my ipod fall and fly right off the treadmill. I dont know how to stop it so I had to jump off then I had to figure out how to jump back on. no one said anything so I just did my thing.
  • Alexandrosrh9
    Options
    A couple of months ago (while benching), I mentioned to the guy next to me about how attractive the girl in front of us looked and wondered if she was taken. The guy said yes.... she's his wife. He was not mad and was a good sport about it. Still, I felt like and idiot. Now everytime I see them (especially her), I feel embarrassed because I know he told her and she must think I'm a jerk.
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    A couple of months ago (while benching), I mentioned to the guy next to me about how attractive the girl in front of us looked and wondered if she was taken. The guy said yes.... she's his wife. He was not mad and was a good sport about it. Still, I felt like and idiot. Now everytime I see them (especially her), I feel embarrassed because I know he told her and she must think I'm a jerk.

If I was the girl I would take that as a compliment.
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    Ummm...this was a while ago...

I was doing WW Fasttrack. Only 1000 calories. I was in a spin class and all of the sudden passed out. Fell off the bike and was out. I drank OJ and stopped doing the fasttrack thing.
  • CarolynRH9
    CarolynRH9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an *kitten*! Especially if the guy asking the question has a fiance.
  • CarolynRH9
    CarolynRH9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Wow, what an *kitten*! Especially if the guy asking the question has a fiance.
  • veronicacannon
    veronicacannon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    This isn't about me, or they gym, but my boyfriend had to do a fit test for a job. One of the test was to see how many situps he could do in like 1 minute or something. Anyway, in the middle of the situps he farted REALLY loud, lol. He stopped and couldn't help but laugh and the girl recording all his stuff just kinda smiled and said keep going. I just thought it was hilarious when he told me about it!
  • WiegandS
    WiegandS Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i was running on the treadmill and i accidentally pulled the emergency stop button..yea my feet went out under me.. luckily my gym is opened 24 and it was 1am and i was the only one in the cardio section. it was still embarrassing though. i also cut my chin open.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Slipped and fell on a naked colleague while exiting the steam room.

^^This is so funny^^ :blushing:

i bet that was intentional! LOL! I dont go to the gym, but i fart like a man while on my elliptical.. through the whole workout!! LMAO!