Why do you work out?

Options

Replies

• LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I've lost the same amount of weight in the past by just cutting calories. Without exercise, I gained it all back. With exercise, I not only haven't gained it back, but I look SO much better (much more definition), more overall inches lost, lower body fat %, I love my gym community, the endorphins make me a happier person, as does being able to eat more. :happy:
  • JulieRoselovesFreeze
    Options
    I work out because I want to be bad a** and be able lift other normal-sized adults over my head.

Also, I work out for sexy looking muscles.
  • adet983
    adet983 Posts: 138
    Options
    cuz chicks dig the long ball
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    to look good naked...
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Initially it was for the extra calories, now its seeing the physical results (I have muscles and a small waist) and the for fun of it. If I don't get to exercise (boo for rest days), I get twitchy.
  • asasser2002
    Options
    It's "me time" ... with a 7 month old I need some me time every week!! It makes me feel even more energized too!! :happy:
  • coreyoreyoreo
    coreyoreyoreo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Because it makes me feel powerful and I feel awesome and accomplished afterwards.

......Also I can eat more. :)
  • damorzacon
    damorzacon Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I like beer and ice cream.

Seriously, like, no other reason. lol

Winner
    [/thread]
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Since I don't generally eat more than half my exercise calories back anyway (to account for any over estimates on MFP projected calorie burns or underestimates on calorie consumption), I don't do it because it allows me to eat more. I do it to boost weight loss, to reduce stress, to improve cardio vascular endurance, to decrease my blood pressure, and to reduce cholesterol and lipid levels.
  • Dawners98
    Dawners98 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I do it so I can eat more, too!!! At least that's the motivation to get to the gym. Once I'm there, though, I love working out. It's just fun. :)
  • Alluring72
    Alluring72 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Because I think a toned body is more attractive and that is what I want to see when I look in the mirror at myself. I turn heads as it is, it isn't about needing/wanting attention, it is all about my own positive self image - I want to look in the mirror and tell myself "you did it, you look great."
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Saw this recently:

"I work out so I wont be the first to die in the Hunger Games"....score!
  • jagwab
    jagwab Posts: 93
    Options
    I work out because I love to hike.
    Anything to make it a little easier is a plus in my book.
    And to help me lose weight
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I workout because it just feels so good to stress your body and push it a little farther every time. I love to challenge myself and see how strong I can get or that I am.

I sit at a desk for 10 hours a day on average so getting and moving feels sooooo good!

Edit: I worked out looooonnnggg before I started eating right. It's just always been a passion/hobby.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Because I've lost weight before dieting alone but it never stays off and I'm unfit and flabby. I want to be fitter and tighter and get back into smaller clothes for the long run!

But being able to eat a bit more is also motivating me to keep at it!
  • jlmoses91
    jlmoses91 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I work out because I have my entire life. Plus I feel stronger, happier, more energized and just better all around. I feel like a better person. When i get through with a really hard workout I feel like one of those elite athletes I always wanted to be as a child that people look up too. And that runners high at the end of a 10k is one of the most amazing feelings I have ever had.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I work out because...:

a)...I feel amazing afterwards
    b)...it means I can eat more
    c)...I want to burn the fat that's in my body
    d)...I want to build some muscle and get some definition in my body
    e)...I want to improve my fitness levels
    f)...it gives me something to do when I'm bored :tongue:
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I work out because it makes me happy (literally). I am a much happier person after I exercise. If my husband (or kids or anyone) and I argue I go and exercise. It makes me feel better. Also, I love the feeling of sore muscles after a good workout. Sore muscles = my body changing in a good way = me being happy again :laugh:

PS: I also get to eat more :smile:
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    because i'm a crazy bi*^h if I don't. simple as that.

working out got me thru watching my father die of cancer, watching my grandmothers quality of life go down the can after a stroke and it's getting me thru my battle with infertility right now. I can't even imagine how I would deal with the stress if I couldn't exercise.
  • Lampy00512
    Lampy00512 Posts: 117
    Options
    I love the feeling of working out and getting in shape! Plus, I have many, many, many little cousins and we love playing and running around, but it's no fun to be so quickly out of breath.