Replies

• WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that crap you're eating. :noway:
  • dmzf
    dmzf Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If mfp's are judging and changing how you eat and feel about yourself, than you need new friends my dear. Feel free to add me. I have found some great friends and for the most part we are all open about our diaries french fries and all. This is a lifestyle change and everyday we get to decide what choices we will make. You can do this please dont be discouraged :-) Way to go on all the changes you have already made.
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    While I can see both sides of this, someone commenting on me eating too many carbs or too many cookies would just make me laugh. I'm going to eat what I want to eat and I logged it and am completely aware of what choices I made that day.
    Honestly, if I stay within a fairly close range in my calories, ate a variety of fruits and veggies, and drank a lot of water... then I feel the day was a win. Cookies or not.
    This is my life and my food choices - If I ask for advice, that's different. :)

In my opinion, having your diary open IS asking for advice. If you don't care what others think about what you are eating, why would you open your diary in the first place? All diaries are set to private when you start on this site and you have to manually go in and change the setting to allow others to view it. I have my diary open so that others WILL look at it and comment on it and I assume that others who have their diary open want the same thing.
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Some people ask for you to help them be accountable...just saying...
  • JoyousJustine67
    JoyousJustine67 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Judgement is God's job not ours, is all i am saying ♥♥♥ we all are at different places so just support one another ...........
  • ashleypage__
    Options
    Judgement is God's job not ours, is all i am saying ♥♥♥ we all are at different places so just support one another ...........

THIS!!! Couldn't have said it better :)
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I never have people do that to me. Get new friends. Your's are *kitten*.

Kind of a blanket statement there boss. First off, if you read her post correctly, she said she HASN'T had anyone say anything negative yet but it is a fear she has that it will happen in the FUTURE. I can say with a large degree of certainty that I am NOT an *kitten* and I AM a friend of Ashley's......so I can also say......piss off, you're either an idiot or you can't read.

Always whiskey pal, never vodka.....that way the brass knows your drunk and not stupid.
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options

By the time he gets to see you it's probably too late. :huh:
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options

By the time he gets to see you it's probably too late. :huh:

Hahahaha, brilliant.

And no, it isnt God's job to judge, its your own, be ACCOUNTABLE for your eating habits, dont get upset if someone calls you out on eating crap. You know whether it fitted in to your plans for that day, so just ignore it if you dont like it.

I dont comment on peoples diaries unless asked for advice, but I do look at some and think 'WOAH, that is a lot of crappy food, that I personally, would NOT like to eat'. Personally I think eating a lot of crap food, even if it stays inside calories, is a bad idea, but thats just my personal opinion.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I want people to look at my food intake if they are going to help me. Not judge me
  • indisguise
    indisguise Posts: 235
    Options
    I don't look at anyone else's and I don't want anyone else looking at mine. ;)
  • Ayirela
    Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Isn't the whole reason we're here to be a bit healthier?

I don't see a problem if someone goes nice job maybe next time replace X with Y.

It isn't a big deal. Granted everyone is entitled to a little cheat if they want....last night I did for my birthday I had Chinese and after eating I felt so sick and guilty I know it's going to be a loooonnnggggg time before I do anything like that again.

So instead of getting offended when people lend you advice take it in strides and be thankful someone is looking out for you and supporting you.

We wouldn't open our diaries if we didn't want someones opinion.
  • beachloe
    beachloe Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't run into this problem with my MFP friends. All comments have been encouraging really. The only thing I always feel a little conscious of is the fact that I always seem to have a lot more entries on my log than my friends do. They'll have seven items logged to my 20, for example. We're all within our calorie budget so no problems there, it's just funny how much I "graze" throughout the day compared to them.
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    They'll have seven items logged to my 20, for example. We're all within our calorie budget so no problems there, it's just funny how much I "graze" throughout the day compared to them.

Funny you should say that, I noticed that too.
  • kittenmcgowan
    kittenmcgowan Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I agree with you and I only post that if someone MENTIONS feeling bad about their diary. Or I'll ask them what happened, so that they can debrief. NEVER judge, I'd hate it if someone saw today's diary, and told me I didn't deserve the ice cream I ate - I packed in an extra gym session just to deserve to relax about food while I was out with my friends tonight. But would my diary mention that it was an extra session? No. So no one can judge.
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    RIght now I have mine set so only MFP friends can see it. It is somewhat uncomfortable having your eating habits exposed like that. But it has been keeping me from being in denial about some of my bad habits. I have a good idea in my head what I need to work on for the future. If I didn't have anyone looking, I would track it and never think twice about it.
  • AmyS1975
    AmyS1975 Posts: 143
    Options
    Well said!
  • ouandi
    ouandi Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I thought the purpose of having MFP friends was to help you make better decisions. I fully expect my MFP friends to call me out on a bad meal choice or questionable exercise calories. How in the world am I going to make better choices if no one shows me what I'm doing wrong. I'm not saying be mean to me but say, "hey, what's up with your protein content" or whatever. That's why I'm here. I also know which friends need more help than others and which have different goals. So if eating 1200 is a challenge for them or money is tight, I'm certainly not going to dog them about what they eat. But if a friend has a certain protein target they are focusing on, I might suggest extra ways to get in protein. It helps me stay accountable.
  • ashleypage__
    Options
    Nothing is wrong with suggestions. I actually like suggestions. There is a difference between offering a suggestion & passing judgement. When you say "Nice job except for thos fries," that is not helpful at all. We all know we put fries and our mouth & that is our choice to make. Now if you say something like "Hey, I know you've been working on your sodium. Let me suggest xyz b/c it's been working well for me," then that is constructive criticism & most people won't find fault in that.
  • jessicak0614
    jessicak0614 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure my diary is hidden. I like it that way. I don't want to be judged ;).