Anyone here who lives their life free of alcohol?

Options

Replies

• djlindstrom
    Options
    I have a drink or two around three to four times a year, so I really don't drink very much.
  • TheOriginalGinging
    Options
    I rarely drink and it would be wine if I did. As many here have said, I saw far too much drunkenness at an early age.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I do not drink and prefer not to be around a bunch of people drinking. it's just not my scene anymore. i dont hang out at bars or sit around with people and watch them get drunk and get into arguments. i never was a fan. ive been clean/sober for almost 101 months (8 yrs, 4 months & 16 days)
  • Diane_58
    Diane_58 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a drink now and then to unwind after work, but I don't have more than one. I'm 53 and I've never been drunk. However, I have now learned the hard way that alcohol aggravates neuropathic pain. SO ... I don't drink now.
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I don't drink.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I've been alcohol free for just over a year now - will be 13 months on Tuesday.
    I used to drink quite a bit during university and college and finally decided to make a change. I really have no desire to ever touch alcohol again and I enjoy not having my perception altered. I don't mind my friends drinking, but I do find when they get into the booze really heavily, I end up taking off.

Best feeling is getting a good night's sleep and waking up without a hangover! I'd rather go for a run on Saturday morning than lay around in bed all day feeling awful.

You inspire me! I had n drink tonight. ONE mixed drink, which i dumped out because it tasted horrible to me! It was my first in over a week. I have been an aocoholic for 8 years. Im so excited for this journey to really get started!! Weigh in tomorrow.. im betting some of that alcohol weight is coming off!
  • mkbledsoe
    mkbledsoe Posts: 132
    Options
    I used to drink a lot when I was younger but about 7 years ago I decided I didn't really need or want to anymore. I may drink a few beers if I go to a concert or to a dance, but I haven't done that in ages. Also, since I am really watching my calories right now, there is no way I'd give up any calories for alcohol.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I've been alcohol free for just over a year now - will be 13 months on Tuesday.
    I used to drink quite a bit during university and college and finally decided to make a change. I really have no desire to ever touch alcohol again and I enjoy not having my perception altered. I don't mind my friends drinking, but I do find when they get into the booze really heavily, I end up taking off.

Best feeling is getting a good night's sleep and waking up without a hangover! I'd rather go for a run on Saturday morning than lay around in bed all day feeling awful.

You inspire me! I had n drink tonight. ONE mixed drink, which i dumped out because it tasted horrible to me! It was my first in over a week. I have been an aocoholic for 8 years. Im so excited for this journey to really get started!! Weigh in tomorrow.. im betting some of that alcohol weight is coming off!

and from the way i typed that, my slow computer wants you to think im far from sober, but im not! LOL!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I don't drink. Neither does my husband. Or most of our families, both sides. There's lots of people who drink, but plenty of people who don't.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I dont drink at all. Not because I don't like it but because my stomach is lacking an enzyme that digests it and I just get poisoned instead of drunk. I get weak, turn red, can hardly move after half a beer and if I drink the other half, I'm on the floor. Yeah a cheap date but also one who can't walk. lol. It's not fun so I just don't drink. I do however like the taste of some of the fruity drinks and Asti that I loved. Oh well, I'm so stressed now at this point in my life that I thank God that I can't drink! I honestly don't miss it though. Not a big deal.
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i dont drink ever. ....i have stomach problems and alcohol sets it off
  • gypsybree
    gypsybree Posts: 218
    Options
    I don't really care if people around me drink.
    Especially if I'm not paying for it and I don't have to take care of them.

I don't drink myself.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I drink every Sunday at church.
  • Abbdul
    Abbdul Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    never touched alcohol and beer in my life coz of my religious beliefs
  • amiguito123
    Options
    I've had a couple of glasses of wine in the last 15 years or so, just to be social... I did my share of drinking while in my 20's, but quit drinking once I got into my 30s. Now I'm in my 50s, and I don't miss alcohol at all.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    I used to drink regularly, but now it's very sparingly. I don't like feeling drunk. I do enjoy an occasional drink, but usually just one to "take the edge off" a particularly bad day.

I prefer to be sober in every case. I don't even like to take medications.
  • SeanNJ
    SeanNJ Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    oh free "OF" alcohol.

nevermind.

+1
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    I don't drink. My body doesn't really process alcohol. Drank with some friends in high school at lunch once. Everyone else was still motoring around going to class. I was in a coma in the hospital. It doesn't bother me if other people drink, as long as they aren't mean drunks or falling down drunk and I have to take care of them. Both are no fun!
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I do not do the whole drinking thing. It's not an interest of mine. There are personal reasons behind it, but even without them, I just don't desire it.
  • adam1885282
    adam1885282 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have definitely not had a "life" free of alcohol but I haven't had alcohol since I started MFP 60 days ago. Not drinking is probably the right choice!