Anyone here who lives their life free of alcohol?

Options

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    ya, I don't care for it.

An odd glass of sangria at a particular restaurant a few times a year is plenty.

But please, oh please, don't take away my coffee.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I don't drink at all, for a number of reasons - the largest of which is that alcohol in general smells like mold to me.
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    I don't because I'm LDS (Mormon). Grateful now beause of the extra calories I don't have to worry about, lol!! :D
  • Lwillis1234
    Lwillis1234 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    I dont drink!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Not a drinker. I've had some, but always by accident (slipped to me as a 10 y/o by my drunk uncle and his friend), or cooked in food. I never seek it out deliberately. It doesn't even appeal to me. I like some of the bottles though. Grey Goose is particularly pretty with the cut away front.
    Also I'm LDS/Mormon.

My grandparents were social drinkers, however. I remember summer nights, waiting for dinner to finish cooking, and sitting on the porch with them while they enjoyed their gin, and I had ginger ale. And, oooh, crackers, and Helluva cheddar
  • wyocoke
    wyocoke Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes, alcohol free. Many generations of alcoholics in my family tree. I have enough to deal with as far as addictive behaviors go, don't need to add this poison to the list.
  • It_never_ends
    It_never_ends Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I don't mind a little here and there but thats all anyone does here. I try to hang out with people and do other things but it always leads to drinking. Sometimes i'll just sit there and drink water but its sooo boring for me and everyone give me crap for it. I only have 3 friends and they all want to drink all the time.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    oh free "OF" alcohol.

nevermind.

:wink:
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    <
    Confirmed teetotaler
  • future_runner
    future_runner Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking after I seen a drunk female, staggering out of a bar drunk. She looked a damn idiot. Every time I even think about drinking, I think about her.

So glad to hear I helped :drinker:
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    sorry posted already
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I drink everyday because i'm cool and thats what cool people do. If you want to be cool like me, you'll drink everyday and rock and roll all night.

:drinker:
  • lessele
    lessele Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    more than 24 years free here!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I don't mind a little here and there but thats all anyone does here. I try to hang out with people and do other things but it always leads to drinking. Sometimes i'll just sit there and drink water but its sooo boring for me and everyone give me crap for it. I only have 3 friends and they all want to drink all the time.

I am sorry to hear that. It can be hard when everyone around drinks. Most of my friends don't often drink but I know plenty who do and I am pretty up front about it. We have a lot of drive through traffic where I live because of vineyards and wineries. So its kind of odd when your asked what you like and not have a clue.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about starting a thread like this. I'm a self-professed teatotaler. I never did drink much anyway and have only been drunk twice in my life. Both times, I don't remember what happened while I was drunk. I don't know what people get out of getting drunk. I stopped drinking years ago when I became a Christian and don't miss it one bit. We don't even use wine at church when we have communion, we use grape juice. For celebrations, my drink of choice is non-alcoholic grape cider.
  • jakay_f
    jakay_f Posts: 28
    Options
    I don't drink anymore I have not in almost 4years. I cant stand it, and when people drink and get drunk around me I glad i dont. I always think I use to look and act like that? forget it.
  • raeraeti
    raeraeti Posts: 108
    Options
    I'm Mormon ;)
    (aka I don't drink. never have never will)
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    don't drink I just never picked up the habit
  • _HeyMommy_
    _HeyMommy_ Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Both my husband and i quit last October...
  • Mymag
    Mymag Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    how much do you have to drink for it to be considered drinking? cuz i mean, i'll drink a winecooler or beer occasionally, but just because it tastes good. not because it's alcoholic, and i've never drunk enough to actually feel the effects.