Anyone here who lives their life free of alcohol?

Options

Replies

• DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I drank once in college. wine. only one glass and found out I am allergic. :P didn't like the taste much either. don't like the smell of beer... I don't mind when my friends drink as long as they can handle it. don't drink to get drunk. know your limits..
  • pmatt40th
    pmatt40th Posts: 3
    Options
    Never drink. My grandmother gave us whiskey and honey for a fever when I was very young and that cured me of never wanting to taste it again EVER! I can still remember the smell and taste YUK. Had a few alcoholics in the family that ruined every family gathering so another reason to not take on that damaging habit.
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    I'm not a drinker. I will have a class of wine a few times a year, but that's all. Too many alcholics in the family, and when I see how they act, I don't want to be like them.
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My average is 3-4 drinks a year.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Maybe once a month I'll have a drink or two, so I do on occasion. Have never been into drinking much, with a good meal I definitely enjoy a glass of wine or cocktail, but I don't like how it makes me feel if I've had more than 2 or 3 drinks.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to stop, but everyone I know drinks, and everything they do centers around drinking. I'm going sailing with my best friend on Saturday and all he wants to do is sail over to a bar and get fu*ked up. There's going to be several guys and they're all flapping their wings about getting wasted and picking up women. You don't even know the stories I'm dreaming up to get out of this. I mean, I'm not 20 anymore. Its ridiculous. I hate it. I mean, I love having a good time, but I'm questioning why a good time means we need to get ripped out of our minds. Alcohol is truly beginning to bore me. I like two have a glass of wine or two n the evenings. It just takes the edge of my weary mind. But, the adolescent idea of getting hammered all the time is getting really old.
  • JustMaxine55
    JustMaxine55 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. Not interested at all.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i have drank twice in 7 years. im on seizure meds and in order for me to prepare to switch to less harmful meds for before conceiving my son, i couldnt drink at all or of course during pregnancy, and since it had already been 4 years it didnt even matter anymore. i drank at my friends bday party last year, and i might have a drink this year, but mainly no. i dont find it fun anymore like i did when i was clubbing and going out with friends 4-5 times a week.
  • Miss_Chanelle
    Miss_Chanelle Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Me! Its a descision I made when I turned 18 (:
    And I'm very happy without it!
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I don't drink now…tried it but it didn't work for me. Like many here my dad drank too much all the time when I was growing up. He quit about 30 years ago. After he got sober it took a long time for us to build a relationship -- but we did. He's 80 years old now and has started drinking again. I just asked him to stop. I hope he does. I hate alcohol.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm breastfeeding and haven't had a drink since before I got pregnant. It's been over a year. I won't drink at home, mainly because I don't want the temptation hanging around. But, once I'm done breastfeeding I'll have a drink once in a while if we're out at a restaurant.
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to stop, but everyone I know drinks, and everything they do centers around drinking. I'm going sailing with my best friend on Saturday and all he wants to do is sail over to a bar and get fu*ked up. There's going to be several guys and they're all flapping their wings about getting wasted and picking up women. You don't even know the stories I'm dreaming up to get out of this. I mean, I'm not 20 anymore. Its ridiculous. I hate it. I mean, I love having a good time, but I'm questioning why a good time means we need to get ripped out of our minds. Alcohol is truly beginning to bore me. I like two have a glass of wine or two n the evenings. It just takes the edge of my weary mind. But, the adolescent idea of getting hammered all the time is getting really old.
    Get new friends?
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Sense I've gotten into this healthy lifestyle and competing, there's not much room for drinking. Luv feeling full of energy the next day and ready to hit the gym at any notice.

I do drink at time though and my tolerance has weakened:ohwell:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize how many people have had problems with drinking in their past and present.. here. Congrats to all of you who have quit drinking, whether its been a few days, weeks, months or years! And now you're here, getting even healthier yet! I'm proud of you all. :)
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    I actually never drank at all until I was about 22. I had never liked the smell or taste of alcohol.

Then, on a whim, I had a smooth shot of vodka. I don't get belligerent, I don't endanger anyone, and I don't drink but maybe once a week or so. But I can honestly say I drink for the taste.
  • future_runner
    future_runner Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Get new friends?

Yea this. I actually do drink and enjoy it, but have cut back since college. In college I drank with the intention of getting ****ed up, but I was in a sorority and we had several members who did not drink for various reasons. When we went out to bars they didn't come, but we always tried to balance it with movie nights or going bowling, pool days, etc. it was important to show that alcohol is not what bound us and we could all have fun without it. Although I will say I was closer with the girls who did get drunk with me, and the ones who didn't had a stronger bond with each other. But still if you are important to these people they will adjust their habits to spend Time with you. If you aren't then find people who you are important to.
  • TerraLea
    TerraLea Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I don't drink. I can't stand the taste of it and I'm allergic to it. Even when there is alcohol in food I can have a reaction (my face and neck turn red instantly and I get hot. Not a feeling I like.) My hubby doesn't drink either. We enjoy every bit of life alcohol FREE!!! :-) We are proud of it!!!
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I NEVER EVER drink,booze is the lubrication to sin and debauchary. It is EVIL!! Not so much as a DROP of the devils sweat shall touch my lips!!!!!
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    No thanks.

C'mon daddy-O, dont be such a square
  • Bradford72
    Bradford72 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE a life with free alcohol!

Oh wait, I don't think that was the question...