New Challenge for Late Night Snackers (June 2012)

Options

Replies

• vivianleemit
    vivianleemit Posts: 112
    Options
    Damn, I missed the boat for this one too even though I said in May that I'd join in June... ah well, starting late is better than never, and I'll be sure to keep up with things in July!

Me: 0
    LNS: 1

Those buttermilk biscuits were just temptingly sitting there on the counter last night...
  • killernut
    killernut Posts: 11
    Options
    I should join, even though LNS almost never causes me to go over on cals.
  • Dorkaleena
    Dorkaleena Posts: 59
    Options
    I tend to be a grazer. I'm trying REALLY hard to stop that. I've implemented set times for a snack IF I feel like I need to eat something. 10am, 2pm and 8pm. More often than not I skip the 10am and 2pm snacks. I find the 8pm snack is often 9pm, but that depends on what time we had dinner. So... Imma join in here. Tonight will be my first night. Cut off time? 8:30pm
  • caroljo123
    caroljo123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Didn't do too good on 6-26-12 but 6-27-12 did really well not snacking late. Hooray!:smile:
  • HYP1317
    HYP1317 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Me 6
    LNS 2 Did ok on 6-26-12 but ate a snack @ 9:30 last nite
  • amiiwu
    amiiwu Posts: 5
    Options
    Oh God you guys, this thread is a life saver! So glad that there are other people out there than me. Its so hard. I get in, make my dinner which is always balanced and healthy after being so good all day.

Then the feasting begins :(

Tomorrow: cut off time 9pm. It is. I mean it.

Lets do this!
  • ksantomas
    ksantomas Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Continue to log, yahoo!! Going out tomorrow so a tad nervous. Last night, almost mindlessly grabbed a snack from the kitchen on my way through but realized before I opened the package! At least my late night grazing habit is moving from unconsciousness to conscious.

Me: 12
    LNS:9
  • vivianleemit
    vivianleemit Posts: 112
    Options
    Me: 1
    LNS: 1

YES.
    I did NOT eat the string cheese although it was calling out my name.
    SUCCESS.
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    ME:16*
    LNS: 7
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,943 Member
    Options
    I'll finish really strong:

Me: 23
    LNS: 5

I hope you do too!
  • Marglyne12
    Marglyne12 Posts: 26
    Options
    me:3
    lns:0

Changing my cut off time to 8:30 though. Sometimes we eat later in the day and I feel like I have to hurry up and eat dinner just to make the cut off time.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Me 22
    Lns 6*:grumble:
  • Skinnyminny2basap
    Skinnyminny2basap Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    LNS is my ultimate weakness, however, I have found that I have managed to avoid it for the past 3 nights! It is very nice to hear that others have the same problem!

LNS = 0

ME = 3
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Me 23
    Lns 7

so not too bad for the month of june but looking to improve some more for july

Will there be a new july thread???
  • gmukris
    Options
    I ended up with:
    Me: 17
    LNS: 8

If someone starts a July thread--will you please post the link in here! Thanks!
  • helen_freud
    helen_freud Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    this challenge sounds fantastic as me and my husband take crisps chocolate and hallumi cheese to bed with us most nights and IT HAS TO STOP i will be setting my cut off time at 8pm as i sometimes have to have my tea alittle later depending on my 1yr old. good luck everyone and here goes nothing. :smile:
  • balancejenn
    balancejenn Posts: 234
    Options
    I'm interested in doing this challenge, for July.

Moderate myself to 1- 200cal or less after dinner snack or better yet no LNS at all.

We will see?
  • Dorkaleena
    Dorkaleena Posts: 59
    Options
    Just checking in.

Me-2
    LSN-1 :grumble:

We had out of town company and we were all snacking all night... Meh. Last night was a big ole fail for this. BUT Thursday and Friday I did well!
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Where have I been?? Yet again I have not written on here or a week, though I was convinced I had at least once in that time. Basically it's pretty evident week days are pretty easy for me to be healthy. The second it starts feeling like the weekend I go completley overboard!!

Last week my weekend seemed to start on Thursday night with lots of cake after a running race between my club and the local opposition. Although a bit of cake once in a while would be totally fine, once I get a taste for it I could keep munching it all day! Saturday was an unhealthy buffet lunch at work with lots of mindless munching on shortbread biscuits, followed by a barbeque that evening with mindless snacking after too.

So I think my score is roughly

Me: 21
    LNS: 6

Since yesterday I am back on track. I'm cutting all snacking again and not eating late at night. I can do this. 2 weeks and 2 days till I fly to Kenya so I must stick with it:glasses:

Also now we have just entered the 2nd half of the year I want to give up cakes, sweets and crisps for a few weeks. I have been 6 weeks without chocolate which amazes me. It makes me feel so positive and healthy when I keep awy from sugary rubbish for a few days. :wink:
  • gmukris
    Options
    I didn't see a new thread, so I started one: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/653683-late-night-snackers-challenge-july-2012

Come join me!