Hubby wants to see Magic Mike, should I be worried??

Options
kimi233
kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
So Friday night my hubs offered to go to see Magic Mike with me, and I just kinda looked at him funny and was in shock. So what should I think,

A) He's a great husband and will do anything to make me happy
B) He will enjoy watching half naked men
C) He wants to watch and to learn some new moves

Personally I'm going with A... and kinda hope there's some part of the c mixed in also. :wink: Who went and seen it over the weekend?? We actually didn't end up going, our night out turned into going to Menards and buying a fence for our pool. hahaha Yeah, that was much more exciting. :laugh:

Replies

• elrickis1337
    elrickis1337 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    im gonna have to say B sweetie. my reasoning is i love my wife and will do anything for her, but with that being said shes going to see that one with her girlfriends and not me :)
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    My hubby will do anything to make me happy also and if he wanted to see that movie WITH me I'd be concerned to be honest. He has no desire to go lol
  • FrecklesMo
    FrecklesMo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That's funny you brought that one up!! Lol,lol..i asked my sweets if he wanted to see and and i watched his expression as he watched the trailer...ALL I CAN SAY IS TOO FUNNY LOL...He says Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh NOOOO!!! Lol,..he told me i'd have to go with one of my girlfriends on that one lol!!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    My husband totally has man crushes and if Ryan Reynolds was in it I know he would want to go. :laugh: I'm sure he isn't the only one who does this but he likes comparing his body to other guys' like a girl does. it sounds stupid when a man does it but women do it ALL the time. I think it's probably A, B, and C. :wink:
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Maybe he wants to change careers?
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    That's funny you brought that one up!! Lol,lol..i asked my sweets if he wanted to see and and i watched his expression as he watched the trailer...ALL I CAN SAY IS TOO FUNNY LOL...He says Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh NOOOO!!! Lol,..he told me i'd have to go with one of my girlfriends on that one lol!!

I told my bf about it and he said, "ewwww, strippers!" I had no intention of going, I just wanted to gross him out with it and it worked, muahahahahaaaa! XD
  • dtucker4403
    dtucker4403 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I went to see the movie over the weekend. Lots of eye candy. There were a couple brave men there with their wives, but mostly a chick event. Definitely worth seeing. Channing Tatum is amazing. My hubby did not go with me. He wanted no part of it.
  • ambercholtz
    ambercholtz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You could just ask him. When I was married my husband (at the time) admitted to me that he was bi-sexual even though he had only acted on it before we were together and after our divorce. Maybe your man likes men too. It always helps to talk about it..

It could be too that he just wants to spend time with you but you wont know unless you ask.
  • tsdsign
    tsdsign Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    HA! Knowing my hubby he'd suggest me seeing that movie alone or with some girlfriends. There's no way on God's green Earth he'd even suggest goin' with me to see that movie. Lol! You couldn't pay this fool to see half naked men prancing around on a stage.
  • em435
    em435 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Maybe he wants to make sure he's around to er.. 'reap the benefits' after the film..
  • csingleton80
    Options
    I saw it opening night, definitely worth it...the showing I went to was 100% female, but the showing that let out right before ours had about 3 husbands (of various age range) who had taken their wives...if i had to choose which one it was I would guess A,B and C:)
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Lol my hubby mentioned about seeing this, only coz hes seen jump street lol, he has no idea what it about, but im am defo going to see it lol.
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    My husband is a movie buff and puts a lot of stock in reviews. Apparently Magic Mike has a good director and has been getting rave reviews so now he is curious lol. I'm going to see it next weekend with some girlfriends so he said maybe he'll watch it with me when it comes out on DVD.
  • militarydreams
    militarydreams Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Revoke his man card. I'm getting a bit tired of this new age modern man bull... no I don't like your pink shirt sir and don't get offended if people think you're a woman from the back with that hair. Ok I'm done.

You should talk to him about it or just buy him a blouse and gauge his reactions.
  • imlik
    imlik Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It could be that he sometimes has had fantasies of being a stripper (haven't we all? or maybe just some of us, lol) and seeing the movie, he can kind of live vicariously through the characters. I wouldn't worry too much.

When you get home, maybe you can tell him to strip for you ;D
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    So Friday night my hubs offered to go to see Magic Mike with me, and I just kinda looked at him funny and was in shock. So what should I think,

A) He's a great husband and will do anything to make me happy
    B) He will enjoy watching half naked men
    C) He wants to watch and to learn some new moves

Personally I'm going with A... and kinda hope there's some part of the c mixed in also. :wink: Who went and seen it over the weekend?? We actually didn't end up going, our night out turned into going to Menards and buying a fence for our pool. hahaha Yeah, that was much more exciting. :laugh:

Why would you be worried? There must be more to this then him just wanting to see a movie.
  • BadCookieMonster
    Options
    Reading the topic alone was disturbing enough..
  • Faeriegirl74
    Faeriegirl74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I saw it over the weekend....only two men in the audience, one was sitting with his girl friend near us and I could tell he was uncomfortable... Leave the man at home - enjoy the movie with girlfriends, the way it was meant to be watched!
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    1. watch magic mike with wife
    2. wife gets all worked up for channing tatum for 2 hours
    3. she is forced to settle for you at the end of the night anyway
    4. oh well, guaranteed sex
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to go with your hubby. I'll go with him. Mind if we go for drinks afterwards?

Also what steve1686 said.