Anyone here who lives their life free of alcohol?

Options

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I live alcohol free
    I don t see the point in drinking

ive had alcohol before when i turned 21 but after a week lol that faded

Do you enjoy eating pizza? What's the point of eating pizza? Because you like it, right?

I drink beer because I enjoy the taste. I enjoy the taste of red wine, too. If I've got the calories available, I'll have a nice cold beer. Someone else might have a bowl of ice cream. Or a slice of pizza. We all have our indulgences, mine is a tasty beverage.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I live alcohol free
    I don t see the point in drinking

ive had alcohol before when i turned 21 but after a week lol that faded

Do you enjoy eating pizza? What's the point of eating pizza? Because you like it, right?

I drink beer because I enjoy the taste. I enjoy the taste of red wine, too. If I've got the calories available, I'll have a nice cold beer. Someone else might have a bowl of ice cream. Or a slice of pizza. We all have our indulgences, mine is a tasty beverage.

well said.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    67 days sober.

I am a recovering alcoholic and it my goal, every day to put a sober head to bed every night.

That being said, I don't judge anyone because they drink, I just know that I personally, can't handle it.
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    my husband and i don't drink.

do i have an occasional glass of wine, yes -- maybe once or twice a year.

i haven't seen my husband have a lick of alcohol since we've been together, almost 6 years.

my motto is, i'd rather eat my calories, not drink them :laugh:
  • IHeartNewMe
    IHeartNewMe Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I don't drink and neither does my husband. Watching my dad stumble in the door every night for my entire childhood made me realize what a fool it can make of you.

Agree! I watched alcohol destroy my family as I was growing up. My dad loved his alcohol more than his kids! I never really knew him. I drank a 1/2 glass of champagne once when I was 21 and got a splitting headache. Not a good memory. I've had one or two sips of wine in my life, but honestly, it doesn't do a thing for me. I can't even stand the taste (or smell) of booze in my food. And beer? Yuck! Drinking is just not for me.
  • IHeartNewMe
    IHeartNewMe Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    67 days sober.

I am a recovering alcoholic and it my goal, every day to put a sober head to bed every night.

That being said, I don't judge anyone because they drink, I just know that I personally, can't handle it.

Congratulations, rushtogether!!! That's a wonderful victory! And from the looks of that special blessing in your arms, it looks like you've got a very good reason to stay sober! ;o)
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I used to booze 3-4 days a week. Now I booze 3-4 days a year.
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I've never had a drop in my life. Don;t plan on starting.
  • iamihobo
    iamihobo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I drink once a year, I just really don't like the flavor/bite that alcohol has so I just don't drink often at all
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    no interest here either.
  • jfort1988
    jfort1988 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I've never tried alcohol and I plan on keeping it that way.
  • Mountainbiker2015
    Mountainbiker2015 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I think that if you can drink responsibly, more power to you. I just could not. I sobered up in A.A. at age 16 1/2 and have never drank since. I had some help getting there but the end result was a good one. I am very grateful for each sober breath. I have alcoholism in my family and some have sobered up and it is great. Like I said, if you can drink responsibly, more power to you.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I don't drink, except for special occasions. Even then its only 1 or 2 light alcoholic drinks.
    I just see no point to it.. Its poison basically.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I'm crazy enough (and happy enough) sober. Not gonna waste calories on carbonated yeast urine, or the uncarbonated yeast urine either.
  • kierstin1976
    kierstin1976 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I don't drink. For me it's a waste of calories.
  • xsabrinalynn
    xsabrinalynn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm only 22 so the 'trend' is to party and get drunk every weekend. I participated for quite a while but the past 3 months of being hangover free is wonderful !! And I'm not watching what I eat and exercising so I can gain it all back for a few drinks!
  • jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i drink, but only a couple of drinks a month on average. I was raised in an alcohol free house so when i moved out i drank a little much for a while until i decided i was too old to get hungover anymore. now i drink for the taste and a slight buzz but i respect people who don't drink.
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I do not drink because I have PCOS and take the diabetic drug, Metformin. I am told specifically to not drink as the alcohol negates the effects of the metformin. Since the medicine and it's effects are so much more important to me than any drink will ever be, I simply do not drink. At all.
  • honu18
    honu18 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Me. I'm 21 and made it through all of high school/college without ever drinking. I had a strawberry daiquiri once soon after I turned 21 (but honestly, a strawberry smoothie would have been just as good). I had a glass of wine once, on new years, while I was on vacation in January. That was enough to do me in. I don't like the feeling. I don't like the lack of control and what I've seen it do to people that I love. And I hate the taste! Being social in college while not drinking was really hard--you go to places and everyone around you is pregaming or drinking and you just stand there. Having to explain yourself at social events is tough--especially when your reasons for not drinking are mostly personal (alcoholism in the family). No one seems to understand it unless they've experienced it. That said, if you can be a responsible drinker who doesn't abuse it, I have no issues.
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Used to drink too much and had to stop. Been sober almost 2 years and it's a good thing! But I don't feel like everyone has to be sober, if you can handle it and not have a problem, then enjoy. I just can't and so I don't!