30 day Shred starting 1st July - anyone want to join?

Options

Replies

• Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Just done day 2 :) my knees are sore though!Am I doing it wrong?

It's normal for muscles to hurt but if your knees are hurting you might be doing something wrong. When your doing your squats check the position they are doing and listen to the advice she give on posture and with the side lunges. It's very easy to get a knee injury with this kind of work out.
  • SafiraSahar
    SafiraSahar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started 2 days ago. Ready for day 3 in about an hour. Man am I feeling it in my abs!
  • Converse00
    Converse00 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I too want to lose a few pounds for vacation! I have completed day 3! I am a little sore in the legs but, ready for tomorrows workout.
  • pamwil88
    pamwil88 Posts: 24
    Options
    What is this? i would love to do this.
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Finished day 3 this morning, my muscles are so sore but my abs are sore and I never thought I'd feel sore abs considering it's only been 3 minutes of abs a day! I love this.
  • kaylarachellee
    kaylarachellee Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Day 3: Insides of my legs are sore!
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Finished Level 1 Day 3 today.

HOLY MOTHER FUDGECAKE! My arms are EXTREMELY sore. I've done the 30DS twice before and never been this sore. In fact, the first time I did the 30DS I was 70 pounds heavier! Definitely not normal, and I'm starting to think I've actually injured my biceps in some way. I can't move my arms. I'm lying on the bed right now, stuck in a position that just allows me to move my fingers on the keyboard.

Jeez.. Going to down a bottle of pain killers and bathe in a Yellowstone Park geyser. :sick:
  • danysgoal
    danysgoal Posts: 14
    Options
    Thank you Linxie83
    I just loved the 1st day because with interval training, you're always changing so when I start getting sore I know I'll be going on to another move soon. And this one goes around the whole body. I'm starting tp be a bit sore.
    I was able to go through all the moves. get warm and work hard and it was over before I knew it.
    I'm surprised that the exercise tracking program transfers all the calories burned to the food journal.
    When I go spinning, it adds 500 calories to my food journal. I'll never lose if I eat that much.
  • danysgoal
    danysgoal Posts: 14
    Options
    What is this? i would love to do this.

Hi
    Check Youtube for 30 day Shred , get your stuff ready, measure yourself next morning and get started.
    Did my research last night and did day 1 today. Can't wait to see the results
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    Thank you Linxie83
    I just loved the 1st day because with interval training, you're always changing so when I start getting sore I know I'll be going on to another move soon. And this one goes around the whole body. I'm starting tp be a bit sore.
    I was able to go through all the moves. get warm and work hard and it was over before I knew it.
    I'm surprised that the exercise tracking program transfers all the calories burned to the food journal.
    When I go spinning, it adds 500 calories to my food journal. I'll never lose if I eat that much.

There's a lot of debate about whether you should eat back your burnt calories... I don't know which way is right or wrong, it seems to depend on the person. Having said that, I personally try to at least eat back some of them, but rarely all of them as I am pretty sure I am either getting too many from the database or not accurately weighing/measureing my portions so I don't want to put on or plateau because of my miscalculation.

It's up to the individual though. Best advice, listen to your body, if it's hungry eat some of them back, if it's not, don't!

Happy shredding! Day 6 for me tonight!! Eep!:noway:
  • Cazzyxo
    Cazzyxo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm on day 3 of 30DS but I'm so so sore, especially in my upper legs. Will it improve even if I keep going, and will it be like this for the whole 30days? I want to do it today but I'm worried il get worse :( Some advice please I'm sure I'm not the first or last! :)
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    I'm on day 4 today and though my muscles are still sore, it's a lot better than it use to be. I think within the week the soreness wont be so severe but for a good workout you will feel a little soreness, just not that bad.
  • snoozypoo
    snoozypoo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 and I seem to be better then yesterday bu knackered now and my arms feel heavy - hopefully it will be worth it!
    Thanks Danbi for the advice, concentrated on doing them on how Jillian said which seemed to be harder so I must of been doing them wrong
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    Day 4 of level 1 done and feeling a lot less pain.
  • Mashbay
    Mashbay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started this on the 2nd and just finished my third day of it. So far I am only feeling it really in my legs. My legs are killing me. Is anyone else in the same boat? I wanted to work my stomach more then anything so I am wondering if this was the right program for me. Thoughts?
  • Cazzyxo
    Cazzyxo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Mashbay I am the same, can hardly walk. But my stomach seems okay!!
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm on day 3 of 30DS but I'm so so sore, especially in my upper legs. Will it improve even if I keep going, and will it be like this for the whole 30days? I want to do it today but I'm worried il get worse :( Some advice please I'm sure I'm not the first or last! :)

My legs were killing me days 1-3 and I was almost sure I would never be able to walk again... But day 4, 5, 6, it stopped hurting after my workout. I also walked at least 1 mile every day. Everyone is different. I haven't taken a day off and I'm on level 2, day 1, but I've also heard that Jillian doesn't recommend ACTUALLY doing this 30 days straight. If you need a rest day, take a rest day. If you think you can get through the first 4 days or so then after that you are golden. It doesn't hurt like that all through the 30 days (for me anyway).
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I started this on the 2nd and just finished my third day of it. So far I am only feeling it really in my legs. My legs are killing me. Is anyone else in the same boat? I wanted to work my stomach more then anything so I am wondering if this was the right program for me. Thoughts?

I think the whole workout is designed for every part of your body. I worry more about my midsection too but without cardio we can't burn any fat off. Do a search in the forums for "30 day shred" and you'll see a ton of before and after posts and people slimmed down all over, including stomach.
  • katie101686
    Options
    Hi everyone-
    I know it's after the first but I have been doing the 30day shred for about 2 weeks now (still on level I), whenever I have time. So far that has evened out to about two times per week. My schedule just changed, and I'm having a harder time working in exercise. I just joined the site because I feel like I need some accountability to make sure I'm keeping on top of working out. Hopefully joining this thread will help. Thanks all!:smile: