Your first car?

Replies

• Medea81
    Medea81 Posts: 69
    I had a 84 Toyota truck... don't know much about it... the bed was completely rusted through and my step-father and my mom built a new bed out of lumber... it was cute, had no air, no heat, no radio.... and when it was wrecked by the little twit who had just bought a stick shift car and didn't know how to drive one... well, the poor clean up crews were cleaning wood out of the street for months afterwards.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    <--- '94 Ford Mustang.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    A 1978 Honda Civic. It was such a popular car you couldn't just buy one...they had to be ordered and you couldn't deal....the price was the price. I paid $4,200 with tax. But I didn't know how to drive...I had to buy it because my parents refused to teach me in their Oldsmobile. However, my dad drove me to work and back and STILL wouldn't teach me to drive it. Finally, my b/f at the time said HE would teach me, so he did. Then it was all mine! I loved that little car. I had it till my ex punched a hole in the oil pan and the engine seized. His father paid to have a rebuilt engine put in it but it was never the same car after that. It finally died at my ex in-laws farm and they paid someone $50 to tow it away. :((
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    1970 351 Mercury Cougar, red body, white vinyl top and white interior. Paid $3600 for it, drove it for 90,000 miles and sold it for $3600. It was one sharp looking car. :happy:
  • medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    1991 vw jetta gli 5 speed

current 2006 vw jetta 2.5 auto

vw is a family.
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    91 Honda prelude, i loved that car
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    1977 Chevy Monza
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    My first car was a magenta '95 Dodge Neon. Unsurprisingly, it was a piece!
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    When I was in high school I shared a car with my mom. A 1973 Pinto. She used it for work on weekdays, and I used it evenings and weekends. She made the down payment and we split the payments. We each paid our own insurance. Once I was out working I bought my first car. A 1975 AMC Gremlin X. It was a lousy car, but I loved it.

One thing I love about living in OR, if there is insurance ON the CAR and you have permission to drive it, then insurance covers it. It's basically having insurance on the car, which is really nice, because only 1 person has to pay insurance. Or 1 person has insurance
  • afgooch
    afgooch Posts: 17
    First car I bought was a 1990 Nissan Sentra SE
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    1995 Geo Metro. 1l 3 cylinder engine. 70 mother****ing horsepower. It was a beast. My parents splurged and opted for the cupholder option. Great gas mileage, at least for the time. 40something.

It lasted a good 6 years until I got my grubby paws on it and ran it into a fire hydrant.
  • Mine was a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am. The dashboard reminded me of boobs. I loved that car!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    1994 Buick la sabre. It rusted out before the engine was done =\ gotta love Michigan.
    I had that for a year then bought a 1999 Chevy cavalier convertible so I consider them my co first cars. I still have the second one, I tried to sell it but it broke my heart every time someone stopped to look so I now drive it in the summer lol.
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    A 1977 Ford Thunderbird. It was pink. With a lavender accented roof. HATED it, everyone made fun of me for it, and as soon as it was gone, everyone wanted to buy it. Aholes.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Teal green Eagle Talon. Loved that car, turbo charged and sun roof!
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    My first car was a white chrysler laser 86, with black leather interior, mag wheels... and it talked...had an amazing system and tinted windows...power everything!!! Thanks Mommy!!!!!..:bigsmile:
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Navy blue Ford Maverick, 1970 something. I liked the car but kept getting stopped by the police because someone had committed a crime in the same kind of car. Was in high school so it was scary getting stopped by the police all the time.
  • Flugangst
    Flugangst Posts: 98 Member
    1970 Vw Beetle. First and still the only car I have ever owned.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    I've never had one of my own. My sis and I live in the same apt since we go to the same college, and our parents loan us their Toyota Highlander which has been really nice for getting to internships and whatnot
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Mitsubishi Expo. It was the family car, but I pretty much claimed it as my own and my parents let me trade it in when I got a new one. Pos car that blew out blue smoke, wouldn't drive above 20 mph without extremely revving even though I'd be in 1st or 2nd gear. Sooo bad.