**Fit and Fun-sized**(5'4 and under) WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• linnebooc
    linnebooc Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I did it! I exercised for 30 minutes (Jillian 30 day shred plus walking) on Thanksgiving!

Really needed it after all that food.
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Oops, I meant I did 60 minutes of Tae-robics yesterday. I needed it. I didn't do too bad, but there was definitely room for improvement with one brunch and two dinners.
  • romst19
    romst19 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I completed the challenge yesterday as well - just didn't have time to post until now. 35 minutes on the treadmaill. Great job ladies!
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    k i admit it...i think im the only one who didn't do the challenge :frown:. The intention to do it was there, but that was about it. i didn't even do my workout yet today :cry: :embarassed: I been feeling so lazy these past 2 days. somebody give me a kick in the as$!! Its still early so i want to do an extra long workout today.
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have to admit - I let myself have a free food day yesterday. But I am back on track today. :)

I completed Burn Circuit 2 (38 mins) of ChaLEAN Extreme yesterday and will do the interval workout tonight. Surprisingly I have love a total of 3.5 lbs since starting ChaLEAN Extreme almost two weeks ago! I usually never lose this quickly - especially with strength training. I tend to build muscle quickly and lose fat slowly so I was expecting to gain weight before losing anything. I'm not complaining - just shocked!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I did EA active today total of 36 exercises for 70 mins total and burned 415 cals and 50% fat!!!! so off to go start and plan to get work out again tommorrow
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Hey all! :happy:

Yesterday I did my 50 minute run and then had a free food day!! I didn't pig out as much as I normally would because runs like that really suppress my appetite.

This morning I did 45 minutes between the stair stepper, elliptical, and cross-trainer (15 min each so I don't get bored). I did it before breakfast so it was fasted.
    This afternoon I will go back to the gym to lift (legs) for about 45 minutes.

I'm back to eating low-carb (15%) and I'll be eating about 1400 calories today. It's a little less than I'd normally eat with 90 minutes of exercise but I have plenty to live off of from yesterday!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Just checking in.. I've been super busy and haven't had time to read or post. Looks like many of you did well with the challenge yesterday. Great job - impressive! I chose to the "holiday" route and did not log my food or do any exercise. It was a great day with people I love, lots of good food, much to be thankful for (including, an overall lifestyle change and ever improving health).

Here's to keeping momentum!
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I am so in!!!

I am 5'2"
    I am 33 years old.
    I was 170 had a major health scare a little over a year ago. My husband found me on the floor of our bathroom unable to move. They think I had a mini-stroke. My blood pressure was 191/124 when the ENT's got here. I got to spend the night in the ER. It was SUPER scary. I have 3 children and I did really well last year losing weight until March. I am looking for new motivation now that my bp has settled down.
    Currently (after thanksgiving mind you) I weigh 156
    My doctors goal for me is 110.
    My goal is at least 120 by I am going to shoot for the moon (110) I haven't been that weight since I was 13.

I will do my check-in on Sunday and can't wait to find out what the challenge is for NEXT week!!!!!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options

Yesterday I did my 50 minute run and then had a free food day!! I didn't pig out as much as I normally would because runs like that really suppress my appetite.

This morning I did 45 minutes between the stair stepper, elliptical, and cross-trainer (15 min each so I don't get bored). I did it before breakfast so it was fasted.

I'm back to eating low-carb (15%) and I'll be eating about 1400 calories today. It's a little less than I'd normally eat with 90 minutes of exercise but I have plenty to live off of from yesterday!

While I know everybody's different I was wondering how long it took you to begin seeing the definition in your body and what kind of resistance training did you do? Your back looks awesome? I don't have a lot of weight to lose but I really want to see definition in my body but unsure of the best approach.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

While I know everybody's different I was wondering how long it took you to begin seeing the definition in your body and what kind of resistance training did you do? Your back looks awesome? I don't have a lot of weight to lose but I really want to see definition in my body but unsure of the best approach.

Thank you! I change my resistance training depending on my goal during that specific cycle...size, strength, endurance. It took about 9 months for my back to go from fairly undefined to that picture I have up now. I consistently train to failure or extreme fatigue regardless of the program. It's not really about how you get to failure, just that you get there. You have to work the muscles really hard to force adaptations to occur.
  • ButlerMom
    ButlerMom Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Today was a good day!!! My husband and I ran 4 miles after having a good food day also!!! I'm so pumped!!!
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    well gang i didn't do so well and it kinda continued through today. i did do well by logging everything so at least i have that accountability.

i am back to work tomorrow so i know that will help keep me on track. i'm a little freaked out for our weigh in sunday but i can't shy away from it.....that's how i got here in the first place :cry:

it's cool.....ya'll have a great weekend andi'll see you soon!!! :flowerforyou:

Ang
  • marilla
    Options
    I tried to compile a list of all of the Fit and Fun-Sized participants and was amazed at how many of us there are. Let me know if I missed anyone.

Remember to weigh in Sunday.

Allisonmrn
    Ang (Amcclure)
    Barbiecat
    Bellinachuchina
    Breezy81
    Brittney2
    Butlermom
    Cdkmlt
    Celina (Luke93)
    Cherie (Cherie2304)
    Chocolickkyss
    Classygirl
    Dinosgirl
    Faerie (Faerie88)
    Figueres3
    Gabrielle (Songbyrdsweet)
    GrnEyz80
    Gwainwright
    Jam (Jam0525)
    Jenny (Jlk04)
    Katie (Katie517)
    Kim (Kiki2006)
    Ktbell626
    Lailavendar
    Lauren (Jzbaby626)
    Leash (Aliciakarver)
    Linnebooc
    Lisa (Lisarillen)
    Lovesummer
    Marilla
    Mavsfan2009
    Megan (Mbedford81410)
    Mkwood10
    Nathalie (Geicko)
    Ripgirl
    Romst19
    Sarah (TheMaidOfAstolat)
    Savvystephy
    Sekc29
    Shadowboxer83
    Shel75
    Smiles4Miles
    Spicy618
    Supermom1114
    Taradise
    Traciedaisy
    Whitney (wks7777)
    Wlhanisch
  • marilla
    Options
    I am still trying to figure out what works for me in terms of diet and exercise. If I set my profile to Lightly Active, with my height of 5'1" and weight of 130, it calculates a BMR of 1650. With a net of 1200 calories, that is only a 0.9 lb weight loss a week. I generally don't eat my exercise calories.

I have been eating 1200 calories and doing 45 minutes of intense cardio at least 3 times a week with moderate exercise on the other days with one day off. I actually had started out with my calories lower, but have since increased them to 1200. I have been doing this since the beginning of October and have only lost 5 pounds. I haven't been perfect, but I have been pretty consistent and I seem to be at a standstill. It seems like when I exercised less intensely and frequently and probably eating fewer calories than 1200 (doing WW points), the weight came off.

What are you other Fit and Fun-Sized people doing to lose weight? Does it seem like being short and 30 pounds or less to goal presents special challenges?
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,932 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: When I had a lot of weight to lose, I stayed pretty close to 1200 calories a day just to get used to the discipline. Over time, I've started eating my exercise calories....I think I started that one day when I came home from a 110 minute brisk walk up hill and down and felt almost lightheaded from hunger and figured out that when I burned more calories, I needed more nutrition. I have been faithful to eating only nutrition dense foods and added the Isagenix nutritional cleansing and fat burning system to my diet. I generally overestimate the food I eat and underestimate the calories I burn and eat many of my exercise calories (sometimes I'll do extra exercise just to "earn" a peanut butter and Wasa cracker snack :laugh: ).
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    wow marilla, there's way more of us than i thought! cool!! :happy:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I had good workout this morning doing the EA active but so ready to start back to the gym on monday training to do 5k run that is Jan 1st!!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    I am still trying to figure out what works for me in terms of diet and exercise. If I set my profile to Lightly Active, with my height of 5'1" and weight of 130, it calculates a BMR of 1650. With a net of 1200 calories, that is only a 0.9 lb weight loss a week. I generally don't eat my exercise calories.

I have been eating 1200 calories and doing 45 minutes of intense cardio at least 3 times a week with moderate exercise on the other days with one day off. I actually had started out with my calories lower, but have since increased them to 1200. I have been doing this since the beginning of October and have only lost 5 pounds. I haven't been perfect, but I have been pretty consistent and I seem to be at a standstill. It seems like when I exercised less intensely and frequently and probably eating fewer calories than 1200 (doing WW points), the weight came off.

What are you other Fit and Fun-Sized people doing to lose weight? Does it seem like being short and 30 pounds or less to goal presents special challenges?

Over the years I have tried several different ways of eating (different ratios of C:P:F) and calorie amounts. I've never eaten 1200 calories, though. I just never had reason to, as I lose on 1500 cal/day. The lowest I'll drop to is 1400 if I'm just lifting for 45 minutes without any cardio. My BMR was tested in a lab at 1,310, so eating 1200 cals would result in a big deficit even if I wasn't exercising. As a small person you have to be careful with dropping your calories too low...your BMR already isn't very high, and suppressing that through chronic starvation will result in a really difficult time losing weight. At 1400 cal/day, I can lose over a lb per week and I'm 5'0 and 130.6 lbs. I do have higher than average muscle mass though.
  • lailavendar
    Options
    I didn't do the Thankgiving challenge. I just let myself slide. Ate whatever I wanted and didn't wake up super early to exercise, but it's okay to let yourself have these kinds of days once in a while. I'm ready though to get back on track with my eating and exercise. I am a new member at the YMCA and do the classes they offer (step classes mostly). But I haven't yet ventured to the machines. They're kind of intimidating. I don't really know how to use them and I dont' know how long to use them for. Which machines are the most effective? I could really use some advice on how to approach using treadmills and stairsteppers and things like that. I'm such a newbie. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and good luck!