TOPIC: Ready to Rock it! - 12 Week Challenge (CLOSED GRP)

Replies

• AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Hi everyone!

Thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself since this is my first challenge!
    I'm aiming for 15.8lbs .. and assuming I can keep it up until our next weigh in, I'm down 2.8 of that!

My name is Mandi and I'm presently on maternity leave until January. We had our first child -- a daughter -- in December. I'm 27 and currently 178lbs. I'm the kind of girl who's always THOUGHT she was heavy, but never *really* was .. until I was.

The day I gave birth I was 225lbs. Yikes, right? When I joined MFP in February I was 198lbs. 27lbs came off without effort and without thinking. The 20lbs since MFP have been a bit more challenging. But I'm determined to spend this leave, while I have the time, devoting it to my family and myself .. so that when I DO go back to work (12h continental shifts) I'll be well equipped to face the challenges of healthy eating and exercise on a wonky schedule.

I'm so happy to meet you all and look forward to the undertaking of this challenge with you! I've reached a bit of a standstill with my weight loss so I'm messing around with my macros and routines a bit.

I love learning from others and hope this will be a great opportunity to do so -- thanks, Kristen (and everyone else!)

Mandi - great to "meet" you. Congrats on your baby! Excellent work with your weight loss results thus far. Keep up the great work :)

Hugs, Amy
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    I was so close to my goal that I picked up my speed and managed to make it in at 44'58"! Totally met my goal and I was excited. Yeah 45 minutes isn't the greatest time ever for a 5K but I'm proud of myself .

Shadowkitty what a great way to start off this new challenge and you have every right to be proud of yourself. Congrats on your success and keep pushing!:flowerforyou:
  • adm88
    adm88 Posts: 78 Member
    One liter is 33.8 oz or just a little over four cups. I use my 1 liter Poland Spring bottle as four cups for tracking purposes.
  • Illusent
    Illusent Posts: 228 Member
    I'm just curious...

How many people were able to stay under the daily calorie goal for yesterday?
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    runravirun - Maybe it seemed like it but I wasn't complaining. :-) Thanks for your suggestion but I have seen and been a part of those spreadsheets and that's not what I want for our group. I was just trying to keep everyone informed as to why the thread might have seemed a little chaotic.

mommamindi - What helps me, to drink water, is to have one of those water bottles that holds 3 cups and has a lid that pops open. I keep it with me all of the time so that I remember to reach over and take a drink often. Good luck! It's hard for me too.

shadowkitty22 - Yay for doing your 5k and finishing under 45 minutes!

illusent - I stayed under my calorie goal. I put a plan in place for it and stuck to the plan!

Everyone - Good luck today with your food, exercise, and water!
  • Illusent
    Illusent Posts: 228 Member
    illusent - I stayed under my calorie goal. I put a plan in place for it and stuck to the plan!

Awesome!! Good job, I stayed under my goal by 66 calories! LOL!! It was pretty hard! Kinda crazy when you start to think back to how you've done 4th of July BBQ's in the past... I was doing the math in my head, and in years past, I must've had like 4,000+ days back then!
  • ksraider
    ksraider Posts: 107
    I may not have stayed under my calorie goals....but this year when I went over my calories it was all with fruits and vegtables. I picked watermelon and califlower rather than the chocolate cake with whipped cream and hot fudge or the icecream.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Sorry I don't post much, i have been just a little busy. So, while I am here, here is a little about myself.
    I'm Angela, and am a first time mommy to a five month old. He is my everything. I am also married. I'm 23, go to college, work part time at college, and am also a sports correspondent for my local newspaper. I ran my first 5k a couple of weekends ago, and came in 10th for my age group, 43:03 for my time, and will be running two more this month, hoping two more next month, and at least two in sept.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    I'm just curious...

This was my first holiday and first family gathering since starting my journey I am proud to say that I was successful and stayed with the limits. I stayed clear of the beans and potato salad and instead selected the green beans, deviled eggs (that I had brought and made with lite mayo), sliced tomatoes, and corn on the cob without butter. In addition, I controlled my dessert portions. This has been a great NSV for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ginaquinn2
    ginaquinn2 Posts: 136 Member
    Hi just thought that I would pop in and say hello. I too did my first 5k yesterday. Not as fast as shadowkitty but I was thrilled with
    a 55:35 time. I love being here on MFP I haven't lost a lot of weight yet but have enjoyed so many non-scale-victories. I'm glad
    to be able to join in this challenge and hope to go to the next level with you all.
    Anybody else kind of confused with all the messages here? It's been less than a week so I am hoping to understand the tread better with time. Cheers
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Hi just thought that I would pop in and say hello. I too did my first 5k yesterday. Not as fast as shadowkitty but I was thrilled with
    a 55:35 time. I love being here on MFP I haven't lost a lot of weight yet but have enjoyed so many non-scale-victories. I'm glad
    to be able to join in this challenge and hope to go to the next level with you all.
    Anybody else kind of confused with all the messages here? It's been less than a week so I am hoping to understand the tread better with time. Cheers

It tends to be a bit chaotic the first week or 2. Once everyone is on board and Kristen has the list down pat then it will smooth out.

WTG on your 5k!

We didn't do anything special for the Fourth yesterday so it was easy to stay under. Actually ended up WAY under because I burnt more calories than had planed and we are at the end of pay week so food is dwindling in the house.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Hi Everyone!

I'm Bre, 41, I live in GA. The hubby and me own a tattoo shop, awesome business, but not so awesome when it comes to getting some exercise, we sit, all day, every day. I get plenty of water every day so I'm challenging myself to get up and move around more.
    Lookin forward to everyones progress over the next 3 months!

@shadowkitty & ginaquinn, Great job on your 5k's!! I'm not a runner at all, yet, so that is an awesome accomplishment!

@Illusent, I went over my calories yesterday, and they wernt good cals either, I did, however, manage to stay under 2000 cals which was my main objective for the day.

@mommamindi, I carry around one of these 2.2 liter water bottles, very handy, I fill it up before we leave for the shop every morning and I know exactly what I need to drink by the end of the day, most days I have to refill it, I've never been a water drinker, but this has helps me a lot, here's a pic of what it looks like:
    2n8zgxs.jpg

@TArnold2012, good decision on the treadmill! I agree, take it slow, and learn to make it a new habit instead of what feels like more of a chore. I myself and trying to wean myself off "lazy" and learn to be more productive in the longrun.
  • Cuddlebug12
    Cuddlebug12 Posts: 52 Member
    well today I took my water bottle to work and left it there... don't go back to work till Monday. I drank about 1/2 of it but I also had about 3 TALL glasses of water so I'm pretty sure I got at least 8 cups of water!!!
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member

Congrats on your accomplishment. :drinker:

What helps me with getting thru the thread is to bookmark it everytime you come so that the link will pick up from the last page you read. If not it will take you back to the place where you first bookmarked it and you have to find your place again.
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 733 Member
    I, too, was undergoal for the 4th. We went to the movies and since I generally take my own snacks, there is never any temptation from the movie food.

Congrats to everyone that participated in the 5K.....that is fabulous!!!!!!!!!

Pam
  • mommamindi
    mommamindi Posts: 273
    Under Calories today AND I got in a bunh of water! WIN WIN!

How was everyone else's day?
  • Brinasacat
    Brinasacat Posts: 505 Member
    I'm just curious...

I was over by 200 calories. Not too bad, no exercise that day, but I've been to Jazzercise every other day this week!
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    I'm just curious...

not me :cry: :frown: :embarassed:
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Hello my name is Kathy :drinker:
    Current Weight: 178
    Challenge Goal Weight: 170/165
    I weigh in on Fridays

07/06 177
    07/13
    07/20
    07/27
    08/03 Mini Goal Weight:175:happy:
    08/10
    08/17:
    08/24
    08/31
    09/07 Mini Goal Weight:170
    09/14
    09/21
    09/28
    10/01: Goal Weight:165
  • Mechell15
    Mechell15 Posts: 142 Member
    So havent checked in for 3 days! :embarassed: :embarassed: So i just saw the chart it made it more real and i saw the challange!!!!! So it was a nice kick in the butt to check in. Hope everybody has been having a good week :smile: