What is the best weight loss advice you ever heard?

Options

Replies

• MirrorsBrokeHearts
    Options
    Listen to your heart. It makes the good choices.
  • Stinaa91
    Stinaa91 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    drink lots and lotsssssss of water, and cut out pop. I stopped drinking pop three months ago and feel SO much better, just from that alone.
  • mpe1967
    mpe1967 Posts: 24
    Options
    "A minute on the lips is a lifetime on the hips." This is good advice when staring down a piece of chocolate cake.
  • Aprilpooch
    Options
    Eat sensible healthy snacks every 2 hours. It keeps your metabolism going. Of course that does not mean "meals", but just snacks... little snacks.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    "If you want to keep seeing me naked, you had better help me lose a bit of weight"
    From my wife

That's AWESOME!!

We're both 14lbs lighter :)
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    go low carb! I could not lose before no matter how hard I tried now I lose each week:happy:
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    [weight loss] is a marathon, not a sprint.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    To para-phrase my Doctor: If you do not lose some weight you will have a cardiovascular crisis before you turn 50. (I was a couple of week away from my 46th birthday at the time.)
  • xiaxiong09
    xiaxiong09 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    STICK TO THE DIET!!
  • Springer007
    Springer007 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Don't open posts about whether you should eat your exercise calories back.

Thats the best advice you have ever gotten?
  • SweatinSammie
    Options
    After complaining about how hard it is to lose weight someone said...

Who ever told you it was fair?
  • lodeannalo
    lodeannalo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Log your food and get up and move!!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Eat less move more - I cut down portion size and started to excercise. Lost 20 pounds then stalled.

Eat more to weigh less - Raised my calories and protein cut back the carbs a bit and started losing again.

Lift Heavy - Stopped playing with the barbie weights and got serious, now seeing some amazing changes.

All three have helped me so much.
  • jodyd61
    jodyd61 Posts: 10
    Options
    Most people are sitting on the sofa like they are waiting for someone else to come in and get them started ...thats just not going to happen...reality is YOU ARE YOUR HERO... there are some things in life that only you can do...exercise and choosing what you put in your mouth are two of them.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure it's weight loss advice but it deals with exercise.

When I was close to passing out in my very first spin class, my instructor said,

"You're here, that's what's important."

Now I'm a spin-a-holic :happy:
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    You didn't gain the weight overnight, so don't expect it to come off overnight!
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    If you can't full-size it, fun-size it!

Basically, if you're really craving something badly and only that thing will work, you can probably fit it into your diet easily if you shrink or limit the portions. I do this a lot with pie - 210 cals for a 1/5 sized slice? Okay, I'll cut my pie into 15 slices and have one for 70 cals. I win!

It's probably not the best advice for staying healthy, but it has kept me on track more than once.
  • briantalbot
    Options
    I lost 35 pounds in 5 months. At least once a week at work someone asked me "what's the SECRET" to losing the weight? It's not really a secret, it's math. Based on your weight and average daily activity, your body needs a certain amount of calories to maintain weight. Calculating a deficit from there, will let you determine a weight loss pace. Eating less and/or exercising more, in combination leads to that deficit.
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    "If you didn't grow it or kill it yourself then don't eat it!" ~ My Gramps
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    As a vegetarian for decades, it took me forever to learn EAT ENOUGH PROTEIN AND GOOD FATS, and then you'll feel satisfied, be healthy, and not fill up with carbohydrates that get you nowhere but unsatisfied and fat. Also, it's important to know if you have any food allergies or sensitivities, since that can make you bloated/fat/inflamed/ill/etc., and is better to avoid. When I eat wheat products, I gain two inches on my waist within hours; if I avoid eating it, I can eat the same or more calories, and stay two inches slimmer. *shrug*