To the ladies who are 5'4"....

Options

Replies

• PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I'm 5'4 according to my doctor this year, but I've been 5'3 my whole life...
    I have a "LARGE" frame, as told by a nutritionist. I have really broad shoulders and a big rib cage, and really narrow hips.
    I weigh around 132 and usually wear a 4 (sometimes a 2, sometimes a 6).
    I would love to weigh 125 again, but I don't think I can maintain it. I did weigh that for about 5 years, but only ate around 600-800 calories a day...so maybe 130 is better. I'd like to increase muscle mass and decrease fat percentage.
    I am 25, almost 26, and don't have any kids!
  • nenamartinez
    nenamartinez Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    - what kind of build are you?
    Medium, or maybe small? pear-shaped.

- how much do you currently weigh and what size pants on average do you wear?
    Currently at 225, size 16 (but they're rather tight)

- what is your goal weight and why?
    Right now I'm setting my first goal at 145 to enter the "healthy" BMI range. But I think I'll ultimately go for 125-130. My best friend is the same height/build as me, and she looked awesome when she was at 125.

- how old are you (if you don't mind sharing)
    Turning 25 shortly.

- and have you had any kids? (I know from experience that can affect your body! ;) )
    Nope.
  • jmt304
    jmt304 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I'm 165 and wear 14's! I think I'm medium to small build.... for now my goal is 155 because I haven't been able to get below 160 for quite some time. I am 27 years old and have no kids!
  • JessicaEPope
    JessicaEPope Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    - what kind of build are you? (small, medium, large)
    - and have you had any kids? (I know from experience that can affect your body! ;) )

Hi! I'd say I was a medium build, generally not large but wouldn't say small due to my large behind! haha

I currently weigh just under 9 stone (124lbs), and wear a size 10/12 (UK sizes)

My goal weight is probably around 8 stone (112) but not sure if I'll actually make it to there. I'd like to slim down so I don't have a poochy tummy. I know I'm not overweight and it's probably because I'm a small/medium build but the stomach still sticks out which annoys me!

I'm 21 and don't have any kids

:)
  • ginas1271
    ginas1271 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I am medium build
    Currently at 197# and size 14 or 16 (btwn largest reg clothes and smallest plus sizes)
    goal wt is 140# as it a healthy BMI and what I felt best in before marriage and kids
    I am 39- turn 40 this week
    We have 2 kids. 2 y/o and 2 month old, so just starting losing preg wt
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and a half.

Medium frame - (heavy boned I like to think!) being part viking (I'm 1/4 Danish)

I weigh 157 lbs and wear a size 14 pants (According to most websites, this weight is considered borderline obese...seriously?!)

My goal weight is 130lb as I think this is the ideal weight according to tests I have done.

I will be 30 in March 2012 and I want to lose 27lb by my birthday :noway:

No kids as of yet.
  • ChristinelovesCraig
    Options
    what kind of build are you? (small, medium, large) I'm a medium build

- how much do you currently weigh and what size pants on average do you wear? I weigh 151 and wear a size 10

- what is your goal weight and why? 135 or so. I just felt great when I weighed this. Hell, I'll be happy with 140

- how old are you (if you don't mind sharing) 42

- and have you had any kids? (I know from experience that can affect your body! ;) ) I do not have any kids but I did have surgery about 6 years ago to have fibroid removed and I have a 5 inch scar that runs from below my belly button down. It cut through layers of muscles and my stomach has never been the same.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options

- Small.
    - 134 as of Sunday, size 4 (27 waist)
    - Just raised my goal from 110 to 115, because I'm working with heavier weights and want to build muscle once I reach goal!
    - 23 in a month
    - I haven't had any kids.
  • momofacacia
    Options
    HI!
    I am medium build, currently weighing in at 177. I am wearing a size 16.
    My goal weight is 140 as that seems to be the lowest I have been able to reach and maintain for any length of time.
    I am almost 37 and have 1 ten year old.
    I have had multiple miscarriages and an emergency hysterectomy, so I have the scarring, the pouch and the emotional eating patterns from the past few years.
  • kelrun
    kelrun Posts: 12
    Options
    MEDIUM
    137 I WEAR A 6/8
    128 I WAS THERE TWO YEARS AGO AND I WAS HAPPY
    WILL BE 38 THIS MONTH
    I HAVE TWO KIDS DELIVERED NATURALLY, THEY ARE 11 AND 8
  • dalmations36
    Options

My name is Christina,

I am Medium built and I currently wiegh 160 wearing a size 12 in pants! My Goal weight is 150 that is only 10 more pounds to lose. I have lost 50 pounds. I used to weigh 220 but was not happy the way I looked and found Zumba and love working out to this music that is fun. So far my goal is to be a size 10 or 8 in a healthy way!. To be healthy for my girls so they will always be fit!
    I am 36 years old I have 2 girls that are 10 and 12. When they were born I gained a lot of weight and could not find a fitness I liked. I did not grow up in a healthy back ground. But finding out that my family has dibetes and watching my mom with it this made me change how I eat and stay fit. :smile:
  • piesbd
    piesbd Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    To you ladies who are 5'4", some questions :)

I'll answer my own questions too :)
    - I am medium build
    - I am 153 and in size 12 pants
    - right now my goal weight is 140 mainly because I have no clue last time I was below 150 (my pre-babies weight) and its considered a healthy weight whereas I am considered overweight currently
    - I am 30
    - I have had 2 kids, both by c section, so have the below the belly button pooch and clothes that fit me at this weight pre kids don't fit me or don't fit the same, kids have defintely changed my body, especially in the hips/belly area

(and anyone that wants to add me as a friend, feel free to :) )

i have a medium build.
    i wear a size 12/14 & am 167lbs
    my dream weight is 135, realistically it is ~140
    i have one kid
    and am 37
    :-)
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4
    23 years old
    medium frame small on top then wide hips,big butt and thighs
    I weigh 140 pounds, size smalls and extra smalls on top but I wear my pants anywhere between a 6 and a 9
    i buy my bikini bottoms and panties all size large. Pain in the butt to be so uneven LOL belts are my best friends
    I want to weigh about 120 pounds give or take. I'm more concerned about being fit and gaining muscle/being lean
    So whenever I see that I'll be happy :-)
    And no I do not have any kids!
  • kierstin1976
    kierstin1976 Posts: 123 Member
    Options

5'4" Small/medium build
    122lbs, size 4/5
    I don't know what my goal weight is I'm trying to put on muscle weight, it's what I think looks good on me
    36 years old
    No kids
  • TeTeAngel
    TeTeAngel Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have a medium build.
    I currently weigh 181 lbs. and wear size 14 pants.
    My goal weight is 140 lbs because at 150 lbs Uncle Sam told me I needed to lose 15 lbs to enlist. I am certainly not enlisting now, but I know at 150 lbs, which is where I was then, I needed to lose a little weight. I want to see what 140 lbs looks like on me.
    I am 58 years old. I have 2 daughters, both born by C-sections.
  • alligood2000
    Options
    I am new here, but this was the first post I saw. Appropriate, since I'm 5'4". :)

I am Allison
    I have a pretty small frame
    I currently weigh 150 and am in a size 6 pant. My clothes size has remained the same, even though my weight is higher than it's ever been.
    My goal weight is 125. That is where I am normally. Since gaining weight, I feel tired all the time and very sluggish. I want the energy that comes with losing a bit of weight. I don't think I LOOK that different, but I FEEL really different!
    I am 35 years old.
    I have six children (ages 14,11, 9 year old twins, 4, and 3). I really didn't have an awful time losing weight after having babies (isn't that weird?!?) Breastfeeding probably just burned enough calories - and chasing six kids didn't hurt, either! However, now that they are getting older and I'm busy in different ways other than the physical work of caring for young children, I have started to gain weight. It is frustrating!

-Allison
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I'm a medium build (wrist is 6.25")
    CW 184- Haven't gone to try on new pants yet.. I'm in between 14 and 16
    GW 140 (Based on height/ frame, I should be 138-140)
    I'm 20
    No kiddies yet =)

**Thanks for starting this!! =D Very helpful
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have a large frame (6.5" wrist)
    I currently weight 194 and I wear US size 16W pants
    My goal is 150, which I hope will put me at size 8-10
    I'm 41 years old
    No kids
  • BellaAbrianna
    Options

Hi. Good question.
    Small build but i put on muscle easily so not "skinny"
    I weigh 120. Goal is 115. I was 140 until early 2011! :-) then I was 115 until just April. Slipped. Stressful past few months.
    I wore a size 6 (and they were TIGHT lol. But I wouldn't buy an 8) and I am now a 0 or 2.
    I'm 35. 3 kids. All c-sections.

I tell you... Get the diet right. Keep it tight and very clean and do a variety of moderate cardio and strength and you will be amazed at how your body will respond. I am in better shape now than ever before in my life. And it is worth it!!!

My problem is binging. 95% of the time I'm fine. But I blow it in half an hour. Self sabotage? I'd love friends if you would like to add me. Just joined :)
    Abrianna
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    Options

Hi there

I am medium build
    currently weigh 164lb
    clothes size is 14 (UK size)
    I'd like to get down to 150
    I'm 42
    No kids thanks to a long (and painful) history of Endometriosis, but the 13 operations and said endo has totally screwed my metabolism and a whole host of other things.