What is the best weight loss advice you ever heard?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Fat_Lenny
    Fat_Lenny Posts: 38
    Options
    I remembered another: "Never shop on an empty stomach."

When you are hungry in the supermarket, you are more inclined to pick up convenience foods and snacks, which more than likely won't make it past the car park!
  • Cordy_in_CT
    Cordy_in_CT Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    From a 14-year WW leader- "It really is just math, folks."
    And to me this is the worst. There's so much more to it than this statement implies.

Depends how you take it, the statement itself is correct.

The problem with it is that is assumes the listener has a basic level of common sense when it comes to nutrition. Which sadly, many don't.
    Nice insult! :drinker:
    If it just came down to this (which really IS common sense) - most of us would have the weight issue licked! But there's more at work than our "common sense" - it's usually emotional eating, or other "reasons" why we overeat. Knowing what to do, and doing it - are two different things. But for the most part - it really is an "equation" or math. Burn more than you take in.
  • Cordy_in_CT
    Cordy_in_CT Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    "Never stop starting"

and

"Every little bit counts" (I like this one, cause it applies to exercise, and food - in opposite ways) :wink:
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Shut your mouth..... if your mouth is closed you are not putting food in it. (or your foot).
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    From a 14-year WW leader- "It really is just math, folks."
    And to me this is the worst. There's so much more to it than this statement implies.

Depends how you take it, the statement itself is correct.

The problem with it is that is assumes the listener has a basic level of common sense when it comes to nutrition. Which sadly, many don't.
    Nice insult! :drinker:
    If it just came down to this (which really IS common sense) - most of us would have the weight issue licked! But there's more at work than our "common sense" - it's usually emotional eating, or other "reasons" why we overeat. Knowing what to do, and doing it - are two different things. But for the most part - it really is an "equation" or math. Burn more than you take in.
    And you have to know what that equation is for you over time. Because guess what, it changes.
    And you're right, there are lots of reasons folks are overweight...it does come down to numbers, but to simplify it to just numbers doesn't help many folks reach their goal. It just frustrates and belittles them.