What's your BIGGEST MISTAKE??

Options

Replies

• marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    i subscribe to the "Everything happens for a reason" theory so i honestly can't think of anything i would have done differently. if i had, i might not be where i am today, and i love where i am today. :smile:
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Putting up with my abusive ex husband for as long as I did.... and not listening to my father when I was younger.. :/

I'm happy to hear that he is now your ex.

I second that! Kudos to you for leaving him.
  • curvykim78
    Options
    Not taking the blue pill.

OH MY......lol I thought that was for old men! :)
  • Tricialew32
    Tricialew32 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Not becoming a Rally Race Car Driver.

That and not being able to remember why I smoked that first cigarette and why it wasn't my last.
    Everything is so much better without those b*tch*s.
  • Coco_UK
    Coco_UK Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Oh this is really got me thinking... and many of the things I have done (and continue to do) have caused pain to myself and others. Do I think they are mistakes? Not sure, some yes, but I can see why I did what I do most of the time. I would like to think that I work hard towards forgiving myself for the past and learning from the situations that I come across where I have to make choices..

I think there is a nicer way of asking this which could be:

What is the biggest lesson you have learned ?

What do you guys think?
  • aprilgrl27
    aprilgrl27 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Not loving myself as much as I do now for the first 29.75 years of my life.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    wasting my time with the wrong men for YEARS at time

This! Most def. This!
  • Music_is_my_soul
    Music_is_my_soul Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Smoking!!! I wish I never did it! Lead to a lot of bad things in my life including putting me in the hospital in 09 for a blood clot in my lung...
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Don't have any.
    Shucks. Sorry I couldn't participate
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    marriage . . . twice . . . I'm a slow learner.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I'd say it was not making fitness and health more of a priority when I was younger. I wish I'd have made changes sooner in life!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    My biggest mistake in life was taking my mind off the bigger picture and completely blowing it with making bad small decisions, instead of smart long-term ones.
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    I regret not starting my fitness journey sooner. It would have made my high school years more rewarding since I wouldn't have been that self-conscious kid :( Oh well, I can't go back now!
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything as a mistake. Just an opportunity to learn and grow. And I'm sure some of my opportunities would be mistakes in the eyes of other people.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I don't really believe in mistakes as they shape us and mold us into who were are today...but:

There was this one time that I faked a military ID...turned out that it was a felony because it was a federal document. Cost me some promotions because I couldn't get the higher security clearances.
  • curvykim78
    Options
    How bout you Kim?

Ah Bubble Gum.....you called me out on my own post! lol Can't believe I'm going to put it out there, but my biggest mistake in my life *sigh* *deep breath* was having an affair. I regret it every day and it haunts me. I feel like I've let everyone down, including myself. It's done and over with, but it can't be erased. Never again....
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Watching that movie "Lost if Translation".

I will never get those two hours back.

^Absofrickenloutely!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    1. Going to college a. I have student loans I can't pay back, and b. 2 degrees useless degrees
    2. Having a baby
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Divorcing my first husband.....biggest mistake I ever made in my life, which ultimately caused me to make a LOT of smaller mistakes.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Putting work first when I started college. My grades fell, I skipped semesters to work more and put my education off all because they " needed" me and promised me things that never came to be. The day I quit to pursue my higher education and my dreams was the best day of my life.