Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

what do you sweeten your tea and coffee with?

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    IMO sweeteners ruin tea, but I'd probably use a bit of fruit juice if I was going to sweeten it. Maybe a few white grapes?? I do like tea with lime or lemon, though they are not very sweet.
  • Prilla04
    Prilla04 Posts: 174 Member
    Splenda. I've tried Stevia but just couldn't handle the flavor.
  • Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    I use vanilla stevia in my coffee and I use lemon in my tea.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Almond Milk... I like a little milk in my coffee and there is a slight sweetness to almond milk that I love.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    I don't sweeten my coffee. I add soy milk and ice to it and it's delightful.

For my tea I make a large glass jug of it, half black and half green tea. I stir a tablespoon or two of local raw honey into it for a small amount of sweet. I don't like very sweet things.
  • sweetiecorn
    sweetiecorn Posts: 115 Member
    stoic motivation: I like the bitter taste of losing fat

hahahahhaa.

Amazing. Anyways, tea I don't sweeten, coffee I use Total Sweet Xylitol natural sugar alternative. My OH loves it he prefers it to actual sugar now.
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Local raw honey. It's amazing! It's sweeter than sugar, so you don't need very much.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Coffee Mate, various flavors. It's worth the calories to me.

I agree... I don't F around when it comes to coffee. Although I do prefer International Delight over CoffeeMate.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 929 Member
    local honey for tea, Truvia for coffee.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    I almost always drink it clear :), but I've tried honey, lemon, and agave (not altogether at once though :P), which are all natural!
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Lemon for my tea -- doesn't sweeten it, but takes away a bit of the bitterness. I also will mix a bag of natural raspberry tea and a bag of green tea - adds a bit of flavor - -and try Mint tea - very refreshing!

Coffeemate of other brand sugar free creamers -- 1 tbls won't hurt anything.
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    I drink tea but I don't sweeten it. I used to and it got out of hand. I was up to FOUR packs a few months ago. A friend suggested I drop by one pack a week until a hit zero. It made the process painless and I'm leaving a lot of teas taste better without sweetener. With that said, it needs to be a quality tea brand. Lipton teas are not good alone (they're free at work so i drink it when I'm out of green tea). Bigalows, Republic of Tea, and a few others are great without sweetner!

However, I love sweet coffee so I just try to stay away from it for the most part. I could drown myself in a nice caramel machiato (sp?) and die happy :)
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Normally I don't add any sweetner but if I fancy it sweet then I add honey and only then to my coffee (1/2 to 1 tsp in a mug) not sure how it would work with tea as sweet tea never tastes right to me lol :)
  • lilyxD
    lilyxD Posts: 33
    I LOVE truvia in my tea! 2 packets(:

Its just like stivia, but i think it tastes better! xx
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    i still use sugar, although less of it.
    for coffee, the flavored creamers are good. most tisane teas i buy dont need sweetening, but most of the black and green teas i buy do need it (especially the chais and the earl greys). i'd use other stuff but it tastes weird to me

stoic motivation: I like the bitter taste of losing fat

:laugh:
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Splenda
  • SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    I like sugar. I need sugar & coffee & creamer. I am a terrible person to live with without it. I will fully admit I am addicted, and PROUD.

To perform as a good citizen in society, I need the white bad sugar in my coffee.

Plain & simple

:)
  • 416runner
    416runner Posts: 159
    In my coffee, a little bit of pure maple syrup when I'm home (the good stuff, not table syrup), a bit of sugar when I'm out. In my tea, a tiny bit of honey.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Nothing anymore, just milk... You can get used to not having a sweetener, the milk takes the edge off the bitterness
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Coffee: Nothing. But I must have skim or 1% milk in it.

Tea: Two teaspoons of sugar, but I prefer to have a tea I can drink black, such as Harney & Son's Hot Cinnamon Spice tea, which is naturally sweetened by cloves and cinnamon and has no calories.