Corn used my man-parts as a speedbag.

Options

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    You don't need to eat clean.
    You don't need to eat breakfast to get your metabolism started.
    Your metabolism doesn't get kick-started and you don't rev it up.
    You can eat food before bed.
    You can eat food IN bed.
    There is no specific time at which eating will cause you to gain fat.
    You don't "shock your body"

Ill have to respectfully disagree with all the above points,people asking you to eat clean is not for weight loss,its for a healthy living,Pick up a food item at the grocery store and read it ingredients,there is so much artificial additives that youve never heard of,nor does your body k now how to process them and that becomes a foreign cell-one of the primary reasons for cancer.It is called breakfast because you have given your body a long break from eating food,breakfast is its first signal to the start of another day.Again this is not about weight loss,its to give your body optimum conditions to work better.Just as how you grease an engine to work smoother.you fill your car with contaminated petroleum-what happens to it?Food in bed is a nasty thing to do.towards the end of the day the body get ready to slow down and rest for the day,the body works according to the cycles in nature,not according to when u want to eat your food.you want to store stuff to fat,go ahead and eat it in bed,eat it in the middle of the night!!Food eaten in the morning is readily absorbed by the body-dint your elders teach you to make dinner the lightest meal?and lastly,you do shock your body,you dont fuel it and ask it to work like a dog,it will release a ton of cortisol which signals storing fat.Human body is designed to live per the cycles in nature.Dont give people the stuff they want to hear and get applauded for a bunch of wrong information,do more research.

/facepalm

Nothing you posted in your commentary was correct. Do your OWN research.

Oh, and for the record, in many cases our elders also taught us that women shouldn't vote, and other races shouldn't ride at the front of the bus. Should we have listened to them there, too?

/sigh
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★♥ ★♥

Yep
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    This post calls for some fresh nut butter. On warm carb-filled bread.
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree somewhat on this. There's too much processed garbage that's loaded with chemicals out there. I sure do feel a lot better since it's being phased out of my diet.

I love the majority of the list, but I also respectfully disagree about clean eating. True that you don't "need" to eat clean--you can eat McDonald's fries and chicken nuggets every day and survive and probably lose weight. Doesn't mean it's great for your overall health, but you can do what you want. Just depends on your overall goals I guess. That being said, if I was starving and all there was to eat were Twinkies, you bet your *kitten* I'd be eating one!
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    ****....yeah
  • casseyleinen
    Options
    All I can say is WOW!:love:
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Cheers OP.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Can someone get me details on the cabbage donkey stew diet? I'd like to give it a try and it sounds like what I need to boost my metabolism and confuse my muscles.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SocialRopes
    SocialRopes Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    you. ROCK!
    (even if the corn did use your man-parts as a speedbag.)
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    So good. I lol'd at the name. And OP's post is 1000000% true.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Aw, I like the colorful dumbbells :)
    The all-black ones are BOR-RING!

I have to say though, my friends tell me that I'm going to get gross and too-muscular. If only it worked that way :(
    I told my dad jokingly: "I'm lifting weights now. I'm going to look like you!" He genuinely burst out laughing. I love him :heart:
  • michaela531
    michaela531 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Love.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    You don't need to eat breakfast to get your metabolism started.
    Your metabolism doesn't get kick-started and you don't rev it up.
    You can eat food before bed.
    You can eat food IN bed.
    There is no specific time at which eating will cause you to gain fat.
    You don't "shock your body"

Ill have to respectfully disagree with all the above points,people asking you to eat clean is not for weight loss,its for a healthy living,Pick up a food item at the grocery store and read it ingredients,there is so much artificial additives that youve never heard of,nor does your body k now how to process them and that becomes a foreign cell-one of the primary reasons for cancer.It is called breakfast because you have given your body a long break from eating food,breakfast is its first signal to the start of another day.Again this is not about weight loss,its to give your body optimum conditions to work better.Just as how you grease an engine to work smoother.you fill your car with contaminated petroleum-what happens to it?Food in bed is a nasty thing to do.towards the end of the day the body get ready to slow down and rest for the day,the body works according to the cycles in nature,not according to when u want to eat your food.you want to store stuff to fat,go ahead and eat it in bed,eat it in the middle of the night!!Food eaten in the morning is readily absorbed by the body-dint your elders teach you to make dinner the lightest meal?and lastly,you do shock your body,you dont fuel it and ask it to work like a dog,it will release a ton of cortisol which signals storing fat.Human body is designed to live per the cycles in nature.Dont give people the stuff they want to hear and get applauded for a bunch of wrong information,do more research.
    tigerpalm.jpg
    Nothing amuses more than someone spouting off a bunch of falsehoods, and then finishing by saying, "do some research."

Your metabolism operates based on the circadian rhythms, circadian rhythms have absolutely no bearing on what time you eat.

Breakfast is unnecessary, it's a recent invention that's only a couple hundred years old. Before that, humans ate once a day, sometimes once every other day, sometimes with even longer fasts back before agriculture.

Fat storage has nothing to do with when you eat. The only thing that matters is total amount of food consumed. If you're in a calorie deficit, or at calorie maintenance, you won't store fat, even if you eat all your calories while lying in bed and immediately go to sleep. It's basic biology, the human body only stores excess energy (fat) when excess energy has been consumed. No excess energy, no energy stored. It's really not that difficult a concept. You brought up the car example, of you put 5 gallons of gas in your car and burn 6 gallons driving, your car will have less fuel in it than when you started. The body uses fuel in exactly the same way. It can't magically store fuel unless you eat excess calories.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    It's fine to disagree with me, but regarding clean eating, please keep in mind that the all-or-nothing examples comparing a clean diet to one that consists of 100% chicken nuggets and spam and processed corn-fritters or whatever else, isn't a realistic comparison nor does it represent any understanding of my original post.

"Eat mostly whole and nutrient dense foods" .... and you know what? If you do that, and you eat the appropriate amount of food, and you get off the couch, you can ALSO incorporate SOME food that isn't nutrient dense, and you're not going to have any problems because of it.

Orthorexia is a health concern, too.
  • mazie61
    mazie61 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    :love:
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    To the folks who "respectfully disagree" about not focusing on eating clean - can you objectively define "clean"? And not what you personally think it means. No, there is no objective definition. How can you favor a concept that has no actual agreed upon meaning?
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    To the folks who "respectfully disagree" about not focusing on eating clean - can you objectively define "clean"? And not what you personally think it means. No, there is no objective definition. How can you favor a concept that has no actual agreed upon meaning?

I agree with you completely man. Problem is...they'll cling to their definition...and won't see past their nose as far as any other suggestions go.

For me, I try to eat whole foods when I can...but right now, that's only about 20% of the time. My results don't seem to have been impacted.

/shrug
  • morgan9
    morgan9 Posts: 22
    Options
    It's fine to disagree with me, but regarding clean eating, please keep in mind that the all-or-nothing examples comparing a clean diet to one that consists of 100% chicken nuggets and spam and processed corn-fritters or whatever else, isn't a realistic comparison nor does it represent any understanding of my original post.

"Eat mostly whole and nutrient dense foods" .... and you know what? If you do that, and you eat the appropriate amount of food, and you get off the couch, you can ALSO incorporate SOME food that isn't nutrient dense, and you're not going to have any problems because of it.

Orthorexia is a health concern, too.

Absolutely! The key here is personal balance, which may take more to find than, say, an article by Dr. Magoo. There is no all or nothing approach and definitely no umbrella rule. Some people love their minutiae and will defend it as gospel until the end.

Thanks for the post OP. I know you were just trying to lessen the food guilt...can't believe I clicked lol Cheers!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Kill the bro-science with fire!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

I guess the same way you can favor a concept like "getting healthy" or "dieting" or anything. Clean eating isnt the only concept that cannot be clearly defined and the term is relative just like many terms on this journey.

I imagine most people who are on this journey towards better health and fitness know basically what clean eating is.

Should you focus on it? Noone HAS to focus on it so whether you should or not is your choice.

When someone says their diet is 20% clean, that very well could be 80% for the next guy's diet.

None of this matters. But this constant belittling of "clean eating" is tired and lame.