Got a slow cooker! Throw your best ideas/recipes at me! :)

Options

Replies

• xaveria2
    xaveria2 Posts: 62
    Options
    Does anyone have any pork loin crockpot recipes?
  • Elo99
    Elo99 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks all for sharing!
  • dwiebe85
    dwiebe85 Posts: 123
    Options
    bump
  • onehurt
    onehurt Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Lots of tasty sounding recipes!! Had to post to find them easy.... Thanks!
  • rickandness
    rickandness Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Today I cooked what we call nanny chicken because it was one of my mom's favorite things to make.

One bag of chicken tenders
    one bottle of zesty italian chicken
    Put both in crockpot and cook on low untill they fall apart. Easy and good. Good to eat over a salad the next day.

Light lasagna:

Ingredients 1 lb. ground turkey 1 jar pizza sauce 1 Tbsp garlic powder 2 Tbsp parsley 1 eggplant-sliced thin, 3 cups fresh spinach 2 cupslowfat cottage cheese 3 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

Directions Brown turkey in skillet and drain. Wipe 6 quart crockpot with oil. Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce in bottom of crockpot. Spread 1/2 of turkey over the sauce. In skillet stir remaining pizza sauce into turkey, along with garlic powder and parsley. Layer 1/2 eggplant and then 1/2 spinach over hamburger. Top with1/2 of the cottage cheese, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with 1 c. of Mozzarella cheese. Top with remaining 1/2 of turkey mixture, spreading evenly. Then top with remaining veggies. Add remaining cottage cheese. Sprinkle with the rest of the mozzarella cheese and sprinkle Parmesan on top. Cook on low 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours. Let rest for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges.
  • JozefTorba
    JozefTorba Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jarrettfam
    jarrettfam Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • alanmcloughlin
    Options
    bump
  • RosmaryApplestrudle
    Options
    Bump for later! Totally yummy ideas! Thanks all! :-D
  • MadeToCraveHIM
    MadeToCraveHIM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My husband loves this!!! It's a little high on sodium, but in moderation not a bad meal.

French Dip Subwiches

-2 packages of sliced roast beef deli meat OR 1 chuck roast (lower sodium content)
    -1 can beef consume'
    -1 can french onion soup

Throw it all in the slow cooker on low for 3-4 hours OR on high for 6-8 hours if you're using chuck roast.

Serve on hoagie buns w/ swiss cheese slices.
  • MadeToCraveHIM
    MadeToCraveHIM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    hello all im new just got going.

i have a crock pot but have no idea how to use it. my mom was going to teach me but she passed away last year. i have just started to come out of my funk so if anyone could give me some pointers on how to use the darn thing that would be great

thanks
    gigi

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I think this blog will help answer any questions for you....this lady used her crockpot only to cook for a year. The recipes are great and she gives a lot of helpful tips too. http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/
  • WattleGirl14
    WattleGirl14 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yum -will try this one
  • misty3127
    misty3127 Posts: 19
    Options
    I am new to this site and was wondering what bump means? also, how can i mark a post to go back to ?
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump!
  • RejoicingL
    RejoicingL Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'd love to pick up some new healthier ideas for my crock pot!
  • RejoicingL
    RejoicingL Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site and was wondering what bump means? also, how can i mark a post to go back to ?

With a bump ;) Bumping a thread moves it to the top of the list. And it also assigns it to your "my topics" tab. (any reply to a thread will)
  • jennm72
    jennm72 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any pork loin crockpot recipes?

My family loves this one.

Pork loin
    1 can chicken broth
    1 jar apricot preserves
    2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    1 onion, chopped

Mix all the ingrediants and then add the pork loin. Cook on low for 8 hours. Delicious!
  • evajg
    evajg Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just got this out of Dr. Josh Axe's 'The Real Food Cookbook' ....... Haven't made it yet, but I am going to try it out this wknd on the family, if it goes over well, I'll make it again for our Women's small group next week.

Crockpot Chicken & Salsa
    Grapeseed Oil (enough to spread with paper towel on inside of crockpot prevent sticking)
    4 Chicken Breasts (I am going to use boneless free range chicken)
    1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
    1 Jar of All-Natural Salsa (or you could make your own)
    1 Bag of Fresh or Frozen Organic Broccoli Florets
    Cook all ingredients (except for broccoli) in crockpot on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
    Add the Broccoli 1/2 hour before done.
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pvesey
    pvesey Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump