How many kids do YOU want? :)

Options

Replies

• johnm8703
    johnm8703 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    We have 2. A 2 year old son and a 4 month old daughter. We'd like 1 more but we need to get our finances in better shape before then. (Seems like a common theme on here)
  • morganmay92
    Options
    1 to 2 ....but not until I have a stable career, place, and guy I love...and over at least 23, I'm only 20 lol
  • Mermaid1987
    Options
    I have one little girl, and I only want one more kid, preferably another girl. :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

Done.
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have to applaud the gals who don't have or want any kids; I am not one of those people who thinks that ALL people must have kids to be complete, fully contributing members of society. Some people have more complex paths that just aren't compatible with raising kids, and/or some people may not make good parents (and know it), but excel at other things that are vital to our society. Some of them also better fit the secondary family roles (like that of "The Cool Aunt"). It's just so much more complicated than "all women are baby factories". There are different kinds of women, and different kinds of men, with a wide range of roles that need to be filled in order to make humanity that much better.
  • refeek
    refeek Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I wanted one, but it wasn't meant to be. Unable to have children.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I have 2.
    I'm happy with that. Perhaps a third if it's what we decide on. But honestly two is good.
  • itsafrappe
    itsafrappe Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I wanted 2... boy and girl.... was with my partner for 7yrs (married for 1).... right up until the wedding he was all for having 2 more children (he has two from another relationship) but then not that long before the wedding that he didn't want any, he had already had enough. I convinced myself that i would be happy with just my two stepchildren (11 and 16 now).....

I still would love to have my own but i dont think that will happen.... after my marriage ending (not because of the children issue)... I dont think i would get into another serious relationship to the point of either marriage or children.

At least i still get to see my stepkids :)

marry me julz?
  • KStambulic
    KStambulic Posts: 131
    Options
    And if you already have kids, how many do you have? :D

I want 4 kids, 2 girls, 2 boys. Wouldn't that be the perfect life? Lmfao. i hope my body bounces back after four human beings :p

I have 4 kids; 2 girls, 2 boys. My body bounced back better after the first 2 than the last 2 though. My oldest will be 27 this year and my youngest just turned 10.
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I would love 3 or 4 children..Preferably a little girl, then little boy, then twin girls! Twins run in my family and skip a generation, so I hope am so lucky! And I am naming my first born baby after me, sorry future husband ;)<3
  • itsafrappe
    itsafrappe Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    i have two and had the baby maker shut down for good. my kids are the bomb
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I want zero kids. My personality and tendencies just won't be suitable as the "mommy" type. I get obsessive with things and then I lose interest. I have enough of a conscience & sense of justice & ethics that I'd never bring a child into the world to be subjected to someone with my quirks. I am who I am, not apologizing for it. My husband says I'm amazing, and that's enough for me. We have 3 cats and I love them dearly... I obsess over them, and conversely... can just as easily go off into my own world/head and neglect them. I'm sure they can handle it much better than a 3 yr old human ;)
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    2? 3? Anymore I think I might be unknown about. Everyone in my family had 3. All four siblings, including my dad. His parents had 4. Seems like good numbers and a good chance to get both sexes. Except if you are my dad who had all girls. :laugh:
  • MarCarCas
    MarCarCas Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have to applaud the gals who don't have or want any kids; I am not one of those people who thinks that ALL people must have kids to be complete, fully contributing members of society. Some people have more complex paths that just aren't compatible with raising kids, and/or some people may not make good parents (and know it), but excel at other things that are vital to our society. Some of them also better fit the secondary family roles (like that of "The Cool Aunt"). It's just so much more complicated than "all women are baby factories". There are different kinds of women, and different kinds of men, with a wide range of roles that need to be filled in order to make humanity that much better.

^THIS I am a proud member of the Cool Aunt club, but don't want any myself.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    one and DONE!
  • tnshahud
    tnshahud Posts: 163
    Options
    I wanted none!!! But I have 2 boys and I wouldn't change it for the world! Would love to have a little girl but the baby factory is closed, just a playground now!!! :happy:
  • Julz2586
    Julz2586 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I wanted 2... boy and girl.... was with my partner for 7yrs (married for 1).... right up until the wedding he was all for having 2 more children (he has two from another relationship) but then not that long before the wedding that he didn't want any, he had already had enough. I convinced myself that i would be happy with just my two stepchildren (11 and 16 now).....

I still would love to have my own but i dont think that will happen.... after my marriage ending (not because of the children issue)... I dont think i would get into another serious relationship to the point of either marriage or children.

At least i still get to see my stepkids :)

marry me julz?

:heart:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    None. World is too cruel and I will most likely endup being the worst dad on the planet so none.

I got nieces and nephews and thats enough

If some poor soul gets knocked up, I will man up though
  • JediMaster_intraining
    JediMaster_intraining Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    i want 1 kid. i might at the most want 2 because my boyfriend loves kids but i'm scared of the labor! and gaining weight after i am losing it!
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Absolutely NONE!! I love other people's kids, but what I love most about them is being able to send them HOME! :bigsmile: