The Taboo Topic

Options

Replies

• Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    To my view sex topics should be discussed freely and openly and if people make fourth grade toilet humor jokes about it, all the better. I don't think there is anything gross or ridiculous about sex or even when people turn into 12 year olds to make jokes about it. Who cares? I used to think that was immature and here I am 40, a woman and laughing my butt off at every immature joke about sex, bodily functions et al. Life is way to short to stress about people getting annoyed or offended by my or anyone else's sensibilities. Unless you are being blatantly racist, sexist or mean, I don't see any reason to worry. I'm happy to laugh at silly 12 year old sex jokes. ;-)

I understand that perhaps some of us find it too hard (that's what she said ;-) to talk openly about sex topics and get offended easily by the immaturity of others. If that is the case, just avoid threads that talk about sex. :-)

One reason that we're a little fussy about this topic appearing on the main forums is that every user's home page, regardless of whether they ever visit the forums, shows a list of most recent topics. Many of our users log their food from work, and many corporate set-ups monitor web content on employee computers. We remove explicit sexual conversations from the forums to prevent situations in which our work-day users may have our site blacklisted by their IT department for bringing "undesired" content onto employee browsers. By restricting such topics to groups, which are opt-in, and not advertised on the user's home page, we hope to allow users in all situations to have access to the site with no restriction.

Regards,
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • brewface811
    brewface811 Posts: 106
    Options
    Weight loss definitely helps me in this aspect of life. I felt like crap when I was over weight, and once I lost 12 pounds I felt great and had a lot more confidence in myself. It really improved my boyfriend and I's relationship in a lot of aspects.

It doesn't hurt that he's been working out too and is getting nice arm muscles...and his shoulders oohhhhh gosh. :love:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    It's sad for me... I looked decent while married, but the relationship was sadly lacking. It was better tho, the better I felt about myself. Now I'm separated, and feel incredible, and am, well sadly alone. I'm not the kind to just hookup for "fun", but am also not ready for another "relationship" .

Oh well, i guess I need to maintain, and keep improving, and keep ya posted on whether my relationship status changes, or my position on hookups allows me new insights! Haha

Congrats to all of you who are working to better yourselves for YOU! The rest does fall into line as well.
  • foremate
    foremate Posts: 38
    Options
    I find that good sex makes you lose weight even more....plus there wasnt a problem with being 276 and having sex because there are plenty of men that actually enjoy big women...for the love of God I dont know why but they do...I talk with my child's father and he doesnt want me to lose any weight but..I quickly told him well either you will like it or you wont but the weight is coming off ! Just from losing a couple of pounds so far...I feel better about myself....
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I find that good sex makes you lose weight even more....plus there wasnt a problem with being 276 and having sex because there are plenty of men that actually enjoy big women...for the love of God I dont know why but they do...I talk with my child's father and he doesnt want me to lose any weight but..I quickly told him well either you will like it or you wont but the weight is coming off ! Just from losing a couple of pounds so far...I feel better about myself....

I am like you. My husband made me feel pretty confident even at 270lbs. He liked it. So now that I'm in the 180s I was a little worried he wouldn't like the way I looked. He assured me that he was attracted to me then and he's even more attracted to me now. I told him he confused me... how can he like how big I was then and then also like the size I am now and he said "i just like the female form... big or small, it's all beautiful to me." LOL
  • doug4018
    doug4018 Posts: 130
    Options
    To my view sex topics should be discussed freely and openly and if people make fourth grade toilet humor jokes about it, all the better. I don't think there is anything gross or ridiculous about sex or even when people turn into 12 year olds to make jokes about it. Who cares? I used to think that was immature and here I am 40, a woman and laughing my butt off at every immature joke about sex, bodily functions et al. Life is way to short to stress about people getting annoyed or offended by my or anyone else's sensibilities. Unless you are being blatantly racist, sexist or mean, I don't see any reason to worry. I'm happy to laugh at silly 12 year old sex jokes. ;-)

I understand that perhaps some of us find it too hard (that's what she said ;-) to talk openly about sex topics and get offended easily by the immaturity of others. If that is the case, just avoid threads that talk about sex. :-)

One reason that we're a little fussy about this topic appearing on the main forums is that every user's home page, regardless of whether they ever visit the forums, shows a list of most recent topics. Many of our users log their food from work, and many corporate set-ups monitor web content on employee computers. We remove explicit sexual conversations from the forums to prevent situations in which our work-day users may have our site blacklisted by their IT department for bringing "undesired" content onto employee browsers. By restricting such topics to groups, which are opt-in, and not advertised on the user's home page, we hope to allow users in all situations to have access to the site with no restriction.

Regards,
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff

Thanks for replying, I should have read the rules more closely. It makes sense now and i've created a group, Sexual Success Stories.
  • doug4018
    Options
    I've created a group, that I hope all you you join!

Go to groups and join, "Sexual Success Stories" and we can move the discussion there. As MFP has indicated please turn the "safe search" function off.

Thanks and see you there!
  • doug4018
    Options
    c'mon don't be shy, join the group and continue the discussion!
  • Nationalluv
    Nationalluv Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes I know losing weight will give me that wow factor. I been with my husband since high school and I want to somewhat resemble the body I had back then that he fell in love with lol. I am working on it and I know it will pay off.
  • HorseWithNoName27
    HorseWithNoName27 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Most of my sexual experience has been from when I was 200+ pounds...so at the very end of the long road in my future, it'll be interesting to see what sex will be like when I am back under 200 and at goal (160 pounds). ;)

I don't think this is a bad topic to discuss at all. We are all adults here (at least, I think we are...) and sex is an integral part of oneself and one's life.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Let's face it, we all want to be able to wear this label (even if some of us will keep it under a sensible jumper and only take it out for OH's to see)

:)

better-look-look-better-naked-looks-naked-Favim.com-188233.jpg

I was just about to post a response!
  • MalSponseller
    MalSponseller Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have a naturally low sex-drive, and birth control has knocked that down to practically 0.

Between this, stress, work, classes, etc on both my part and my boyfriend's we were being intimate MAYBE once a month. I love this man profoundly and one of the ways of expressing love is through this awesome trust building action. I'm hoping with my weight loss it may help rectify the lack of such occasions. It's simply not fair to either of us.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I'm -27 pounds since February and MUCH more fit.

I feel sexier
    I look sexier.
    Quality of my sex has improved.
    Quantity of my sex has improved.
    Logistically, it's no holds barred as far as positions go.

WIN!!!! :drinker:

What she said.
  • HeatherDee92
    HeatherDee92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am so happy this topic is out here! Since losing weight and getting fitter i feel more confident and have been able to do more different positions I was afraid to try before! I can't wait til I lose more and more just to see how my sex life goes!
  • Saritamac25
    Saritamac25 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    When my fiancé and I first met we had an amazing sex life, best of my life. Slowly as we both gained weight it slowed. Now we both feel insecure and too tired to have sex. That is a huge motivation for me to lose the weight, I miss the closeness we had and the way we made each other feel. Sex is better when you feel confident in yourself.
  • catsinpajamas
    Options
    Yes, I feel that after 50 lbs and several inches not only am I coming out of the covers (no pun intended, you poster up there that reverts to being a 12 year old); but I've become emboldened to try new things as well as feeling confident in my own desirability as a partner. It's a lot of stuff that goes in inside one's head... but then again, isn't most of sex that way?
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I guess this has turned into a general sex discussion. :)

To talk about sex, one of my favorite topics.

Since losing my weight, my testosterone has dropped drastically. My drive has dropped too. :/ I had a T score of like 217. I'm 28. The shots seem to have this 2 weeks of awesome, 2 weeks of not awesome affect. I'm still doing them, and trying to do natural testosterone boosting a few days before the not awesome. I have no idea if it is because of the weigh loss, it may just be the timing. One odd thing I forgot I used to get was foot hair. I hadn't had it in a while. My Low T issues may have been before the weight loss. Now that I'm on T injections I gots it again. Never thought I'd be happy with that. lol

I'm a lot more energetic and eager in bed. I'm bigger down below about .75 inches bigger. Which I thought would be awesome.. but wife lost weight too and.... now the cervix is hit and its like...damn.. I miss going all the way.

I do find myself very appealing to many people since the weight loss.

These have been my issues with sex since losing the weight.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    It's a pity that topics involving weight loss and sex seem to get removed here. I think that it's a very valid topic, and should be discussed particularly by people that have had major changes once they've lost weight. I understand there are plenty of pervs around that ruin it (slowly raises their hand) but I also think it's extremely important to talk about positives in every aspect of the human condition, including sexuality.

Anyway, that's all I'll comment on, because I don't want to go more graphic in talking about what's on my mind.

Are there any other websites that go into this topic in a non-creepy way?

I wanna know how you knew I raised me hand - dude, that's just spooky...
  • patriciagrade
    patriciagrade Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I dunno about websites, but I'll give you my personal opinion.

Sex is WAY better when you are fit. You have a lot more stamina, can move easier and things just feel better :)

Sex IS the reason people usually start dieting and working out, although they might say it's because of their health or other reasons. I guess no one wants to admit that looking good for sex is a valuable reason, we have to find others more meaningful, right?

Well, thing is, Sex is what drives species to better themselves, for whatever reasons, the mating season always brings out the best of all species, so, why not our own?
  • patriciagrade
    patriciagrade Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I just wanted to add this:

my husband is one of those people who'll eat their hearts out and never grows fat. In fact, if he has something bothering him for three days and he eats a little less than usual, he'll just look like he's been on a diet for months!
    That used to kill me, and make me hide under the sheets - no sex for me!

But lately... well, lets just say that working out, makes me feel powerful, loosing inches makes me feel sexy and the two combined make me feel like I could go on for hours!

Now he's the one who hides under the sheets! But.. I don't usually let him, so... Well, you can imagine...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!