What do you do for a living?

Options

Replies

• RHarter0710
    Options
    Crew Chief in the Air Force-almost 10 years in now...

I'm NDI in the AF

you look familiar :happy: you with the 940th? <<that's a joke btw, I know you're with the 940th... this base is not all that big.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM
    Before staying home I worked as a college recruiter in Human Resources for 8yrs..worked for a consulting firm recruiting actuaries
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I am an Intergallactic Battleship Commander ...OK, that's my night job (I mean really late night job zzzzz.) But can't sleep now so I am hanging out on MFP.

I have a great day job, but being a really great Dad is my most important job
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    i am a single stay at home mom but before there i was a caregiver/med tech in a retirement home
  • smileydays
    smileydays Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I work as a receptionist in an optometrist's office where I file charts away and help to work up patients (the eye puff test and the look at this blurry picture test). I am also a full time student in hopes to be a nutritionist/ someone who prescribes diet and exercise instead of traditional medicine. =]
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    Crew Chief in the Air Force-almost 10 years in now...

What aircraft do you crew on?
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I'm a credit manager at an electrical distributor. We have 4 differnt divisions in Ontario and I am responsible for the accounts receivable for all of them
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I'm a self-employed internet marketer and real estate investor (which allows me to do my favorite job of being a SAHM). That soooo doesn't sound very exciting. :sad:

And SmileyDays - your avatar is the background on my computer!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I work for Ingenix (which is owned by United Health Group). It is the technology side of UHG. My department calls doctors' offices to verify and update their demographic information in the database. When you log into your online insurance account to look for a new doctor (or maybe an optomitrist or podiatrist or any other type doctor), thats the info we verify. Place of service addresses, phone/fax numbers, extended office hours, hospital affiliations, languages spoke in the office, a couple id numbers....that kind of stuff. Specifically for the team I send out the faxes when an office requests it, work incoming faxes received, make outbound calls to verify (if I have to...I hate that part lol) and take part in several other small projects.
  • strongandfit
    Options
    http://www.parentcentral.ca/parent/article/714557

I wish I was a kid again and I wish I had this kid's job.

Imagine getting paid to play. Crazy. :noway: ( reminds me of the movie Big with Tom Hanks)
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    http://www.parentcentral.ca/parent/article/714557

I wish I was a kid again and I wish I had this kid's job.

Imagine getting paid to play. Crazy. :noway: ( reminds me of the movie Big with Tom Hanks)

Big is one of my favorite movies!
  • spinningmango
    spinningmango Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    unemployed
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Really interesting thread - rainman - that's awesome that you're most important job is being a great dad. Your kids are blessed. :)
  • whidbeyweight
    whidbeyweight Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i think i wear many hats...
    but mostly
    I am the wife to a Marine
    a momma
    and Educational Assistant at a private all girls school.
    I'm in a wonderful place in my life :blushing:
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    I am a web developer and graphic designer for a small company that sells environmentally friendly cleaning products
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    I was the manager of a Little Caesar's Pizza until I had my daughter 5 months ago. I didn't want to leave her to go back to work 50+ hours a week. Now I work from home booking exotic dancers for parties and such. Easy work and I get paid for every job I book so I am making almost as much as I did at my old job. Not the most glamorous job but it allows me to be with my baby all day.:happy:
  • mabella17
    Options
    I am a 911/Police Dispatcher in OHIO, and I used to work with dldodson75 :bigsmile:
  • mabella17
    Options
    I am a Police/911 Dispatcher/Operator. Worked for 9 years with a police department in Central OH, dispatching only for police and answering all incoming 911 calls. In April of this year I began working for a 911 Center in Southeast WV. Learning to also dispatch Fire/EMS has been a very interesting and challenging change. I love my job!!! It is a thankless job, but personally I find it very rewarding.

:laugh: I love my job too (most days) ... Miss ya!!! :flowerforyou:
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    I'm too lazy to see if I've answered this already.

I work for a hotel chain. I'm like a 'secret shopper' almost. That's the easiest way to describe. I call all the call centers for the company around the world and make sure the agents are doing their jobs. It's boring. I hate it. The end.