Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

need friends who are starting running or are runners!

Replies

• crazy_indeed
    crazy_indeed Posts: 138 Member
    I try to run every night, typically I suceed 5 out of 7 days. Feel free to add me if you need an extra push. My favorite runs are mud runs.
  • EmIsabel
    EmIsabel Posts: 69 Member
    I would still consider myself a pretty beginner runner. It has grown on me since March when I really started training. I did my First 5km May 5th, 2012! It was a pretty cool accomplishment. I have another one I'm participating in come Sept/Oct.

Keep it up!! :)
  • recriger
    recriger Posts: 245 Member
    I can't claim anything very close to "running" just yet. I can possibly go as far as to claim "Speed Waddling", or "jog-waddle-gasp-n-walk". I'm just healing up from a rather stupid choice. I've worn arch supports for years, but I got some new shoes that tricked me into believing that they had enough support to run without the inserts. I didn't tear anything, but I did heavily strain both MCL's. So a month later I am just starting up again WITH a set of spanking new arch supports.
  • sstewart75
    sstewart75 Posts: 27
    Feel free to add me! Ive been running since January this year. It has definately helped with the weight loss, I run 5k regularly and completed a 10k last month. :happy:
  • OMGlob
    OMGlob Posts: 7 Member
    Nice one!! I started with c25k and honestly thought I was going to die. I was on inhalers etc and it really hurt to try to run BUT...... I stuck with it and have now done loads of 5ks, a handful of 10ks, a half marathon and am due to do a full marathon in October plus the Adidas thunder run in just 3 weeks time (eek!)..

That c25k was last year. I'm never going to be a fast runner but, hey, at least I'm covering the distance. Stick with it - your body will hate you at first but end the end it will be eternally grateful you did it :-)

Ps - if you can find a local Parkrun you won't regret it!
  • Carofab16
    Carofab16 Posts: 16 Member
    I am doing a half marathon too in September!! :)
  • Carofab16
    Carofab16 Posts: 16 Member
    I absolutely love running. the best feeling in the world! I am training now for a half marathon in september... :)
  • susiebear29
    susiebear29 Posts: 266
    Im hoping to do my first half marathon in March, i love running add me if you like!! :smile:
  • craigy_84
    craigy_84 Posts: 73 Member
    I've just started myself. I live near a 400m track so I'm using that for my runs.

Looking to do a half marathon next year and the odd few 10k runs.

So any running friends on here would be an extra boost. Feel free to add!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Feel free to add me too! :)

I've done one 5K, 2 mud run, and I am currently training for a half-marathon.

Welcome to the club!!
  • jrs5444
    jrs5444 Posts: 86
    Started c25k a few weeks ago! Would love to have some friends on here who are runners...especially beginners but seasoned runners would be nice too...we all have to start somewhere =)
  • samasche1
    samasche1 Posts: 64 Member
    Could also use more MOTIVATING running friends! Feel free to add me-anyone! :)
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Me too! I'm a new runner, and already addicted to the feeling of freedom. I have two 5k's coming up soon, and hoping to be ready for a 15k in the fall. Need more running friends! Especially low carbers!
  • godsrose
    godsrose Posts: 96 Member
    Hi I am new to running. I just signed up for my first 5K September 23rd. You can add me. Looking for people new to running to keep me motivated.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    I started to c25k last fall and ran my first 5K in Oct. Since then I have added two more 5K's, two 10K's and a 12K. Am ready and willing to do a 1/2 as soon as it gets cool enough (I live in Mississippi). Add me if you like~the more the merrier!
  • piesbd
    piesbd Posts: 196 Member
    Hi! Feel free to add me :)

I've run 2 half marathons and a ton of shorter races.
  • add me if you want! I just ran my first 5k in years yesterday, really excited :)

ps anyone on the thread feel free to add me!
  • ksun10
    ksun10 Posts: 76
    Working on running a half marathon some day. I usually run 5-7 days a week. Today I ran 3.9 miles. Add me if you would like
  • melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Hi,

Fairly new to running myself. Did 5km Race for Life back in June (this is the first time I've managed to run it all) - and although I'm very slow (5km takes me 35-38 mins), I love it. I am slowly building up my distance. I regularly (3 times per week) manage 5km each time, so 15km per week. I love it, definitely caught the running bug. :-)

I have started to add 0.5km to one run per week, and on Monday this week, I did manage 5.6km without stopping. So it's definitely going the right way. I am building up to a 10km - although I've no event booked per say. I'd like to be able to do a 10km run at weekends, keeping my shorter runs (3-5km at lunchtimes midweek) - that's the aim anyway.

Add me if you like... and good luck with it xx
  • ShadowSP7
    ShadowSP7 Posts: 53
    I have recently realised that i love running; i ran my first ever 5k!!! :) i want to take this further and need support and people looking to do the same and help motivate me for a 10k! :)

I'm trying to train for a 5k run, feel free to add me if you like.