"you have such a pretty face"

Options
That's what i've ALWAYS heard.... I can't wait for the day when people tell me "you're so pretty" ...not just that I have a pretty face.

That's one of my biggest motivators!

Replies

• Jessie43082
    Jessie43082 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Me too! I've heard that my entire life.

I thought I'd be happy to have it change. But now people are calling me skinny and saying i'm so small and pretty and blah blah blah and I'm just as uncomfortable with that. lol
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    haha. We're women.. we will never be satisfied! I will be happier though when i'm smaller!
  • klynn81
    klynn81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Girl...if I had a dollar for every time someone told me that I have such a pretty face....I'd be RICH. lol.
  • ashleymichaud
    Options
    I really don't understand why people can't just say "you're pretty" in the first place! I feel like they must know what they're saying. Maybe not, lol.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    I'm always like.....'thanks...what a NICE way to say i'm fat' o_0
  • ashleymichaud
    Options
    I know, right? My favorite is "...I like your outfit" from people I haven't seen in a while (when I was smaller.)
  • JenniLisette
    JenniLisette Posts: 132
    Options
    i'm tired of hearing that and damn girl you got a big *kitten*.. -_____- c'esst la vie
  • Lovely135
    Lovely135 Posts: 161
    Options
    That's what i've ALWAYS heard.... I can't wait for the day when people tell me "you're so pretty" ...not just that I have a pretty face.

That's one of my biggest motivators!
    that's one of my motivations too.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    i'm tired of hearing that and damn girl you got a big *kitten*.. -_____- c'esst la vie

Personally, I like hearing that. I'm proud of what my mama gave me :laugh:
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Yup, I've heard this before.
    Now I just get "You're hot"! ;) You just wait! You'll get there ! :)
  • _beautiful_disaster_
    Options
    my motivation is for one of my old time friend to look at me and be like wow Vanessa, have you lost weight? :wink:

and i'll be like yeahhh :blushing: :drinker: :smooched:
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    I get told this.

I also get told (only by women) that I have pretty makeup. Feels like a slap.
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    This is actually the heading on my profile...people think it's a compliment, but honestly, it just makes me feel crappy..
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    I get told this.

I also get told (only by women) that I have pretty makeup. Feels like a slap.

yikessssss.....that would probably make me cry inside. :(
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    This is actually the heading on my profile...people think it's a compliment, but honestly, it just makes me feel crappy..

You and me both ;(
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    What's wrong w/ a pretty face. Never trust a pretty face......... ha ha
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    my motivation is for one of my old time friend to look at me and be like wow Vanessa, have you lost weight? :wink:

and i'll be like yeahhh :blushing: :drinker: :smooched:

This has actually happened...and I love hearing it! But I can't wait til they say 'HOLY **** BRYN, YOU LOOK AMAZING' or 'WOW BRYN, You've lost SO much weight!"
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    What's wrong w/ a pretty face. Never trust a pretty face......... ha ha

Nothing is wrong with having a pretty face, but it's nicer to hear that you're pretty...'pretty face' is like an insult to your body (yeah yeah, we all have work to do...but you get my point!)
  • 1SlimShaylee
    1SlimShaylee Posts: 204
    Options
    i'm sick of hearing this:

"you look so good, for having 4 kids........."

can't i just look good?!!!
  • lovebrit_05
    Options
    This is soooo true, it is a slap- not a compliment. I also hate seeing guys pick a not so pretty skinny chick over a beautiful chunky girl. Irks me soooo bad!!!