What to do with tuna

Options

Replies

• MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I toast a piece of bread and eat it with my tuna. I know it's not good for you but I put just a little bit of ketchup on my tuna because I think without it, it's really dry. But I might try putting it in the skillet one day and try adding the cheese that sounds really yummy!!
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    OK... I know this is gonna sound gross... but it is really good!! Growing up Mom would mix a can of tuna with scrambled eggs and a little mustard and serve it on toast sometimes with, sometimes with out, cheese melted on top.... I love it!! :embarassed:
  • SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    bump
  • beggaboo2000
    beggaboo2000 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    bump baby bump!!
  • MalSponseller
    MalSponseller Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later. I inherited from a friend a package of like 20 cans of tuna, lol.
  • b1delane
    b1delane Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ChelseaCousins
    Options
    Hi You Could Add Salad Cream Instead of mayo It's Yummy Hope This Helps :)
  • tsavisky
    tsavisky Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Today I mixed a can of tuna with a little bit of chopped red onion, chopped celery, diced baby dill pickles and mixed it all together with avocado instead of mayo.

I had seen a recipe somewhere awhile ago about the whole replacing mayo with avocado and it didn't sound very appetizing even though I do love avocado.

Moral of the story: it was delicious!
  • grammacarol1943
    grammacarol1943 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • trishgrace
    trishgrace Posts: 285
    Options
    When I was little, we didn't have much money at all, at least once a week my mom would make White Gravy, dump in a few cans of drained tuna and serve it over toast. I can remember that it wasn't really that bad, Especially if you don't have money for anything else.
  • kwjmom
    kwjmom Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks and bump for later!
  • byebyeluvhandles
    byebyeluvhandles Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    bump
  • irisgigiperez
    Options
    I'm really excited about this recipe. I don't usually eat tuna and get frustrated when I see so many things about how healthy it is. Trying to eat right and absolutely hating seafood is really hard for me.

I'm wondering if I can use these recipes with canned chicken. I have some of that at home also.
  • maine7290
    maine7290 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Tuna patties are where it's at. I don't have any clue what their calorie count is but here's what I do and it is delicious.

Open and drain several cans of tuna, empty tuna into mixing bowl.
    Open a pack of saltines and start crushing them over the tuna and mixing them in.
    Add an egg or two depending on how much tuna/crackers you are making.
    Eventually you get this mixture that you can form into balls, this is what you're looking for

Now heat up a non-stick pan and spray it with some no stick spray.
    Form a couple tuna patties and toss them in, browning them on each side.

These things are super delicious solo or with some peach mango salsa. I usually make quite a few all at once and toss the rest in the fridge. They reheat pretty well!

These are awesome! My dad used to make these when we were kids. He would put ketchup on them.
  • kamanda85
    kamanda85 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later! Thanks for the ideas!
  • cdaug2000
    Options
    bump because tuna is my new best friend i think
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad can be made with plain yogurt. The tuna flavor is strong enough that you can't detect a difference between mayo/yogurt. I like adding boiled eggs, green onions, jalapenos and pepper to it and eating it on toasted bread. Yum.
  • arthurrichard
    arthurrichard Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I like to make a Nicoise-style salad or greek-style salad with tuna.

For the Nicoise-style salad:

1/2 cup shelled edamame
    1/2 cup steamed asparagus (cut into small pieces)
    Sliced grape tomatoes
    1 hard-boiled egg (sliced)

Mix with packet of tuna and put on a bed of mixed greens. For the dressing, whisk together 1.5 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp minced garlic (or garlic powder), 2 tsp dijon mustard, 1/8 tsp sea salt, black pepper to taste.

For Greek-style salad:

3 cups romaine lettuce
    1/2 cup diced cucumber
    grape tomatoes (sliced)
    5 pitted kalamata olives (sliced)
    1/2 cup cooked pearl couscous
    2 Tbsp low-fat feta cheese
    1 packet water-packed tuna

Mix all ingredients in large salad bowl. To make dressing, whisk together 2 tsp of olive oil, 2 tsp of red wine vinegar, 1/2 tsp of oregano, 1/4 tsp sea salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    tuna
    onions
    tomato
    salt
    pepper
    diced avocado..
    splash of lemon juice

yum.. now i want that lol