Do you think it's okay to not wear a bra in public?

Options

Replies

• sailorsiren13
    Options
    If you can do that and get away with it go for it!!! mine are too big and sporting jewelry so i always factor that in when i shop.:blushing:
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    Tit tape or a white boob top underneath would make you a little more modest :)
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm a member of the itty bitty titty committee and wear a bra most of the time to give the appearance of actually having breasts. I go braless all the time. The point of a bra is to give you support and make you look good, that's all! Go for it girl, the bf needs to take a chill pill
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    As long as it's not see-through and your tits don't hang down to your belly I don't see the problem. Sometimes it's just too dang hot for a bra, and like you said there are shirts that make it impossible.
  • springseternal
    springseternal Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm more concerned that he would not "let" you out of the truck.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    While I agree that no one can tell you what to do with your body, I have to look at it from a different perspective. I used to have no qualms about running to the store with just a t-shirt on and nothing underneath, but my ex-boyfriend hated for me to do that. He politely asked me to always make certain I am wearing a bra in public. Then, he smoothed it over by taking me bra shopping.

The point is that if you care about this guy at all, you have to stop and think about his feelings. Respect his wishes. I liked the one suggestion of wearing a bikini top underneath.

This.
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    not with my 36DD's it's not! I barely even walk around the house without one! :blushing:

but as long as you can't see through, do whatever you are comfortable with!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    as long as they remain above your belly button
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time (but not at work...it's a 90% male workforce...). My bf doesn't have a problem with it.

Maybe you and yours need to have a sit down and he can help you understand why he has a hangup with it :) All the very best to you and your ladies!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Judging by your profile pic, I'd say you're fine. Tell your boyfriend to get a grip :-) literally and figuratively. Anyone who wouldn't "let" me out of a vehicle wouldn't be on my nice list for very long.
  • theresmynapkin
    theresmynapkin Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone else pretty much said. It depends on your comfort level and size. I'm a 34DD, so there's no way these girls go unsupported :-/, however if you have the physique where you can go braless without fear of bouncing and runaway boobs then by all means! I know I'm usually jealous of girls with smaller boobs who can go braless in cute tops. Try taking a picture maybe and judge it as if it were someone else. If your first thought is "that person really needs to put a bra on" then put one on. If it looks good, rock it!

When out keep reminding the boy that you're his and you being braless isn't for anyone else's benefit but your own
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    It depends what you're comfortable with.
  • Ayirela
    Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    If you're comfortable go with it. They have these things you can stick over your nipples that shield them like a bra and I think they come in nudes. I find wearing any type of white top a nude bra always works best, but I can't go bra-less but I wish I could. I'm hoping when the weight goes some of the boobs go if not then boob job it is!

You know yourself and you know if you look good or if you think it looks trashy. So just go by what makes you most comfortable and tell your boyfriend to stop being so controlling that it is your body and if you wanted to walk naked in the busiest city mid day then you would. :)
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Ah whatever, if you've got it and you're comfortable with it flaunt it.
    I wouldn't feel comfortable without a bra but I've breastfed two kids and things just ain't the way they used to be :(
    The other day I saw a woman with very large breasts wearing a peach shirt and no bra and I could clearly see her entire areola.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    It was a white tank. Maybe he could see through it out in the daylight?

I'm a 38DDD and I can only wear my exercise tops braless because they have a built in bra that is shockingly supportive.
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    If you're comfortable go for it, but remember going braless often will only speed up the sagging process :-(
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    If you're comfortable go for it, but remember going braless often will only speed up the sagging process :-(

This is why half the time, I wear bras to bed! LOL My husband hates it! ROFL!
  • Steph4454
    Steph4454 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I think that it is fine if you are smaller and can pull off that type of thing. I wear a bra...like 24/7 lol. I'd love to see the day where I could wear a cute tank without one, but after 3 kids, IDK if that will ever happen. I don't like how your boyfriend reacted, no one can NOT let you get out of a vehicle, thats really ****ty!
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    It was a white tank. Maybe he could see through it out in the daylight?

I'm a 38DDD and I can only wear my exercise tops braless because they have a built in bra that is shockingly supportive.

It would have to be! I wear sports bras, and if I'm jumping around a lot, I wear one a little bit too small so it's a bit tighter, and I'm barely a 32C. LOL
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    If a bra is not needed for support I can think of no reason why you shouldn't go without so long as the clothes you do wear are appropriate for where you're going. I also don't have a problem with a little nipple showing through the material. I just don't get why people are so freaked out by such things.