body fat %

Options

Replies

• lforner46
    lforner46 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    According to fitpal, I am 25.2% bodyfat. I am 5'7, 156 lbs. 38 - 30 - 38. In my skinniest, I was 36-27-36 and I was maybe 19% bodyfat??
  • MissLucyDee
    MissLucyDee Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 20.6% but I swear I look bigger. I think I have muscle covered by a layer of flab. I'd like to be about 19.
  • flowergirl73
    flowergirl73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Think im around 9-10% (not sure my calipers will be here on saturday), I want to be about 7-8%

This site is very accurate.

http://www.calculator.net/weight-loss-calculator.html

I just tried that one and it says i'm 33%. I find that pretty hard to believe. I got measured by a trainer at my heaviest (3 pants sizes ago and 25 lbs ago) and I was 35%....I think this one, that takes the average of several different measurements is a bit more accurate http://www.gymgoal.com/dtool_fat.html

Hey I like this one better too! It showed 32.5.
  • MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options
    I am currently 23.4% and my husband is about 16% AKA sexy beast!
  • KINGoftheBUFF
    KINGoftheBUFF Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Theres no way the picture of the girl is 20 - 21% she is more like 16 - 18%.

However, I'm shooting fore 3 - 5 % by October, thats my next bodybuilding show.
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 18.3%, but don't think I look near as lean as the girl at 17-18% :( My goal is 15%.
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    i do not know what mine is currently but 24-28% might be something i might strive for.
  • Pgarcia413
    Pgarcia413 Posts: 28
    Options
    I would like to be in the early 20 range, but also add be 165lbs, so that covers me for the lean body mass I wish to keep. According to charts, for my height (5'4") I should be shooting for 125-135lbs, but I don't think it factors in muscle. My doctor said 165 is a healthy weight for my body type. That also includes the 10lbs for each breast. Yes, I went there. God gave them to me, don't hate. (note, they weight about 15lbs each now, so I am assuming they will go down as I lose weight - yes, I weighed them.)
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I'm at about 10% right now. I'm bulking so I expect that to rise a bit over time, but I'm going to cut back down to 9% afterwards.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Just got to 18% from about 27%. Next stop is 13%, God willing. We'll see what happens from there.
  • blinkinglight
    Options
    18% is my goal!!

I'm about 29% now :/ Started at 37% Yikes.

I wish there were body fat tickers instead of the "pounds lost" tickers.
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    My body fat % is at 27%. My goal right now is to get down to between 20% to 24%.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Currently about 14-15% I would guesstimate. Would like to hit sub-10% this summer. But this is in conflict my goal of "get as strong as possible". Once I can check the sub-10% body fat off my lift, I can eat a lot more and that will directly benefit my strength training. I'd like to stabilize somewhere around 14-15%.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be in the 16-18% range
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I like the 9-10%. The last few times I checked my BF%, omron handheld device, I have been in the 8.2 to 9.1% range. I would like to maintain under 11% year round with summer being in the 7-9% range.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I guess I am about 20% and wish to get to 17-18%
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options

...or this nifty calculator I found that takes your measurements and averages the various body fat measurement systems to give you a pretty close estimation. http://www.gymgoal.com/dtool_fat.html
    Thanks! When I get home from work, I will take my measurements.

No prob! I take my measurements once a month and use that same calculator, pretty accurate as far as I can tell.

Thanks! I have been looking for a good one.
  • pezrood
    pezrood Posts: 3
    Options
    I have no idea what mine is but would love to be at like 19%ish. So now a silly question, why do people drop their body fat% then bulk up again????? I am very confused and fairly new to this fitness thing.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what mine is but would love to be at like 19%ish. So now a silly question, why do people drop their body fat% then bulk up again????? I am very confused and fairly new to this fitness thing.

To gain lean muscle mass. When you lose weight you lose fat and lean mass (some of which is muscle) So if your goal weight would be your current weight but to be a lower BF% you can either bulk up, then cut the fat, or you can cut fat now, then bulk up.
  • pezrood
    pezrood Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks.:smile: