• yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Wait ya'll, there's a RULE?!
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I am married so I make him wait until I get out of the shower

And this is why most men will draw out the relationship as long as possible. I know I prefer sex IN the shower.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    The first date with my now husband. I knew him for 6 months but wouldn't go out with him for that long and finally gave in and went out with him. I was a good girl, but he was very convincing. We've been together 22 years and married 20.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    My Husband waited 8 months and 23 days. . . and one ceremony with ring!

It was excruciating, but worth it!!!

Wouldn't have had it any other way.

Love it!
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    Yea, I have not had any luck with waiting either. I have "dated" a couple guys and they were out of there after the 3rd date for I guess that reason.

Current boyfriend, I went home with that night. Been a year and I think it's going pretty good.
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My SO and I had a first date that lasted 3 days. She went home with a limp.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I had sex with my husband several times before our first "date." In general, I was/am a first date, or first non-date kinda girl. Unless I wasn't into him, then he's never going to get it.
  • SBragg11
    SBragg11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Go with the flow... See where that takes you
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but where are you finding these guys who wait for months?

Yeah, I know the cliche, a good guy is one who is willing to wait, but a real man is good enough to get in there a lot quicker.

You have got to be kidding. My man waited a year. But he is also my best friend. The waitings more than just say if he's a good guy or not it's call building a relationship. Which sounds like your just interested in sex......

I really was just interested in sex. I didn't mean to fall in love with him.
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I usually wont sleep with a guy until we have decided to be exclusive and not date other people.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Don't exactly have the greatest track record in that department. Generally, no dates necessary, but no one-night stands, either.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    He waited because we had been friends forever, and he knew for certain I was exactly what he wanted.

But again it's a case by case thing.

Had we lived in the same town it wouldn't have been so long at all!
  • mrsevanrust
    Options
    When an exclusive relationship has been established. No tapping before committment!

Exactly this!!!!

I agree ladies!!! My husband and I were high school sweet hearts and he had to wait 2 years. You gotta save something for committment or otherwise you're selling yourself short to play house.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    how can you have rules? everyone is different. My husband and I were friends for 5 years before we were dating, and then once we started dating, we waited like 2-3 months because it was just so damn awkward.
  • kaylarachellee
    kaylarachellee Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I slept with the last guy i dated on the first date and we're still together 2+ yrs later...

It felt right at the time, i don't think it matters about time its about whether it feels right or not...

ps.we were friends before the alcohol fuelled night that changed everything :)

First date here too! And been happily together 4 + years!
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I love it when they tell me on the first date that they're not going to have sex with me for a "while". Ladies, if you say that to a guy, you might as well drop 'em on the spot because they are coming off soon.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    When an exclusive relationship has been established. No tapping before committment!

This!!! For my fiance it was a month of dates (usually 1-2 a week) before I made that committement. He was ready our second date but I was having fun dating other guys (I had only been divorced about 10 months and back in the dating world for about 4 months).
  • chantelle149
    chantelle149 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Yeah, I know the cliche, a good guy is one who is willing to wait, but a real man is good enough to get in there a lot quicker.

You have got to be kidding. My man waited a year. But he is also my best friend. The waitings more than just say if he's a good guy or not it's call building a relationship. Which sounds like your just interested in sex......

I really was just interested in sex. I didn't mean to fall in love with him.

That happens, I am not bashing the fact. But really he should probably be asking her, cause from the post looks like everyone is different for different reasons :)
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    You guys do realize that the longer the poor guy waits for you, the thicker the stew will be, right?
  • brittany103
    brittany103 Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Ive been with my boyfriend since I was 17, so waiting a few months was really because I was young and didn't want to seem easy.
This discussion has been closed.