What sacrifices have you given up to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• Hollyana
    Hollyana Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Nothing is completely off-limits, but in the process of trying to cut down the sugar I am trying very hard to give up ice lollies - because they're low-calorie I'd eat 2-3 some nights after dinner, but I know they just give me a sugar high and have me jumping around the flat at 11pm when I should be going to bed!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    i've only given up soda. we don't keep it in the house at all. the only exception to the "rule" is when i happen to find a barq's red creme soda. luckily, i can't find it anywhere other than one gas station here in kentucky and it's too far out of the way to go and get one other than every couple of months. LOL
  • Jenny111372
    Jenny111372 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Nothing!! I eat pretty much whatever I want and exercise...works for me!! :bigsmile:

This is me also pretty much. I have cut down on quite a bit of things but for the most part, if I want it and I have the calories for it I eat it..and if I don't have the calories and I want it bad enough, I work for the calories! :) If I tell myself I CAN'T have something, I will want it even more so allowing myself to have what I want makes me want it less...I know, weird! :)
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Things I loved when I was fat I don't like anymore.

For example a mixed platter for 2 ... that would make me heave now
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... big bowls of pasta!!!! Yep.
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Starbucks fraps. I realized I had to cut that out and the pounds just came off easily in the beginning.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I had to give up the amount of alcohol I drank every week. I don't exclude anything from my diet. If I really, really want it, I will wait to eat during my cheat meal. I don't like to feel deprived of some pleasure. Now, I know that if I do it in moderation, it won't kill me.
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Fast food, fried foods, gravy, lol.

I can't give up beer....just cant....:drinker:
  • HulaHips83
    HulaHips83 Posts: 129
    Options
    Mexican food. Pollo Fundido to be exact. Starbucks. My homemade baked ziti. The Bourbon Burger from a local restaurant. And key lime pie. ***Sigh***
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Coffee!!! I have completely given up creamer. That is a huge sacrifice for me. I now use almond milk with a little agave and not every day. I use to have at least a half a pot a day with tons of creamer. Plus the regular coffee shop sugary drinks!
  • ichigo007
    ichigo007 Posts: 97
    Options
    only sacrifice for me is having to exercise to lose weight but not really a sacrifice any more because I love going to gym now and kind of get depressed on days I don't lol. I still eat what ever but watch calories
  • amillerwvu
    amillerwvu Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wine, vodka (Stoli vanilla), rum (Malibu black)....I know it sounds pathetic, but I love drinks!!! I still treat myself on occasion :)
    Pizza would be another because I find it hard to stop at just 1 or 2 slices.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Grains, can't say I miss 'em though.

this. i honestly dont miss them at all. i dont even think abt it and i found being a food snob makes me feel so good. it completely cut out cravings for me all together. i never would have guessed it!
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Oh and alcohol. I use to have wine every night or a mixed drink. I only have them on special nights with friends or my husband. Only a couple times a month.
  • nmb0717
    nmb0717 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I used to drink coffee every morning and had a Starbucks at least once a week. Blue Moon was my favorite beer. Now I don't drink coffee at all in the AM, have a nonfat Caramel Macchiato maybe once a month and stick to Mich Ultra Amber (its actually really really good). I had a Blue Moon about a month ago and it was so heavy and didn't even taste good anymore!
  • JAT63
    JAT63 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Alcohol, well I drink Select 55 or MGD 64, but only every other Saturday... no more fast food and I eating turkey, chicken & fish now...I only have red meat once a month....
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Soda, even though they were diet, fast food, and chips.
  • munchlaxx
    munchlaxx Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My second and third servings during lunch or dinner. My chocolate obsession. I used to eat a few full size candy bars everyday when I felt the urge to. I'd eat whole chocolate easter bunnies in one sitting. I'd drink coke and dr.pepper at any time of day and night. I gave up snacking before bed.

I do NOT miss any of it though. I am glad I have seemed to kicked those terrible habits.
  • met42485
    met42485 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Pizza. I miss pizza so much! I'll have a slice every now and again when I'm visiting people, but I don't order it for myself any more.
  • jporte
    jporte Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    The only thing I really gave up is snacking for no reason. I would be sitting in front of the tv and just to have something and I wouldn't have to be hungry. On a rare occasion I will still do that but I am much more careful about what I eat for that snack than before. If I've eaten all my calories and I still wan't something I will have a cup of decaf coffee..I know that's not ideal but it works for me for now. Also not eating off of my kids plates.....still working on that.

Also I try not to eat things like pizza anymore even if it fits into my calories because things that are too greasy make me nauseous now.