Random Compliments... Love them or think they are creepy?

Options

Replies

• collinj8
    collinj8 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Ok... so what if you really liked some guy's cologne... would it be creepy to say to and ask what kind it was?

I don't think it would be creepy. However, the creepy part would be, if you asked me. My answer would be, it is called Endorphin. As I don't wear cologne, wife hates smell.
  • DarwinChick95
    DarwinChick95 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with random compliments
    It means someone is noticing your hard work :wink:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm an egomaniac, but I always appreciate a sincere compliment, no matter the source.
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    Nope, don't think it's creepy at all. If I see something I like, I'll compliment on it. For example, any time I see someone with super awesome nailpolish, I always saying that it looks super awesome and ask what brand it is.

That being said, it's harder for me to give a guy a straight up compliment most of the time because I'm a girl, and if the guy is cute, don't no one want to be seeing these rosy cheeks. :blushing:

For me, it's easier to compliment a female because I like to be complimented on the things I like, like the rings I wear, or the way I do my makeup, or a shirt I'm wearing, so why shouldn't I say how wonderful they look? :) I don't think we ladies compliment each other enough and support each other enough. Instead of being jealous on how someone looks, why not say how wonderful they look?
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    i have given out a few creepy compliments and some girls/women seem to be cool with that. I also have gotten some creepy comments and for some reason they seem to come from the hottest girls everrr. haha

thats a good story bro, tell it again

:flowerforyou:

:smokin:
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with random compliments
    It means someone is noticing your hard work :wink:
    creepy comment in mailbox :devil:
  • SorchaEilis
    SorchaEilis Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    It depends. I used to work at a grocery store, and once when I handed a customer his change, he got all mooney faced and said, "wow, your hands are so soft!" Creepy. But last week, a lady who works in my building but who I don't know other than as a familiar face in the hallway stopped me and asked if I'd been losing weight and then said I looked great. That was awesome :-)
  • Jamers1213
    Jamers1213 Posts: 16
    Options
    Depends on who is doing the complimenting...creeper or not? Still, it's nice to be complimented in some way!

see previous post where C=A+Y

Yeah I can see that too, but like others have said, if the compliment itself is rude or creepy I guess is what I mean.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Ok... so what if you really liked some guy's cologne... would it be creepy to say to and ask what kind it was?

Not creepy at all. It's an added bonus if you get in nice and close for a sniff and then ask though.
  • collinj8
    Options

Not creepy at all. It's an added bonus if you get in nice and close for a sniff and then ask though.
    Then you find out the cologne is there to cover up the bad breath.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    well it wasn't a random COMPLIMENT... but one of our servers just brought in roses for all of us girls in the office... Made my day!!!
  • collinj8
    Options
    well it wasn't a random COMPLIMENT... but one of our servers just brought in roses for all of us girls in the office... Made my day!!!
    Well that was very nice of them. What about chocolates. Lol
  • AwesomeOne66
    AwesomeOne66 Posts: 220
    Options
    I love gettng compliments, random or otherwise. It's such a new thing for me and I don't think I'll ever get bored of it!!!
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Random compliments are good. Random neck and shoulder massages are awesome. Random full-body hugs rock. But then some weirdos have these "personal space" issues???
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options

I think compliments are better. I don't know why, but anytime someone has bought me something, it's cause they want something. Like they're just trying waaaay too hard. So the roses would be overboard for me. Nice out-of-the-blue compliments though, they just make my day! :)
  • Papabear0428
    Options
    I personally like getting compliments and giving them but you really do have to be careful. If I do I will generally ask the person if it's okay to pay them a compliment. Then I try to keep it simple and honest and do my best to convey that it was just an observation and that it in no way indicates anything more than what it is.
  • Papabear0428
    Options

Depends on how you ask.: if you do it in a nice friendly way then no problem. If you come across as a temptress, then it could be a problem!
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'd love to randomly compliment more men but I have that phobia they'll think I'm hitting on them - which I don't think I've done in real life -

women, I'm much more comfortable complimenting on their jewelry or hair and even their kick *kitten* workout at the gym ...

and I love complimenting old people on their lawns. they like that for some reason.
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    wish I got them...
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Generally yes, I love when strangers compliment what I'm wearing. And I've had straight guys compliment my shoes before and that always makes me smile. It also is very sweet when women I don't know come up and say, "I just wanted to tell you how beautiful you are." I appreciate it because I could NEVER go up to someone and say that. I do agree it depends on how it is said though.

There is this older guy who is kind of a friend of the family. He was always very nice to me and was actually my bible study when I was around 15. He would always tell me how nice I looked, but it was like every time I saw him. He always paid WAYYY too much attention to me. I'm always polite when I see him, but I can't seem to shake that creepy vibe from him...