What sacrifices have you given up to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• Summersadiva
    Summersadiva Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Nothing!! I eat pretty much whatever I want and exercise...works for me!! :bigsmile:

Ditto! All things in moderation + some exercise!
  • sweetsong32
    sweetsong32 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've given up a lot only because I did a complete overhaul of what and how I eat.
    I am NOT on a diet. I am on a life long healthy eating style. I no longer eat refined processed foods, No sodas, no white rice or things made of white flour.

What do I miss? I am starting to miss my Dr. Peppers. That was all I used to drink.

When football season starts, I will still make my weekly homemade hot wings. I just want eat as many. :-)
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    French Fries. Pizza regularly. But mostly french fries. There is not much protein and they are high calorie... so..its a waste right?

I've lost my heart burn issues and high blood pressure. Now I eat everything as spicy as possible. :)
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I noticed that I just kind of stopped craving certain foods and I think that's because my body is getting the correct nutrients (unlike before). I just started on my journey, but I noticed I can pass up on bread and don't crave it. I love bread...or maybe I should say loved. I still love chocolate and sushi, but not together. I find myself eating smaller portions of things I love just so I can have more room for the good stuff.
  • doug4018
    doug4018 Posts: 130
    Options
    Soda, fast food, high calorie foods in general. I'm not going to lie, I love soda, if there was 1 thing I would love to have everyday it's dr pepper. It's horrible for your body, I know, but I still love it. If that's an addiction then i'm guilty. I limit my soda to 1 a week, and I don't mind. I care more about my weight loss journey than my love for soda, and it's not always been that way. I had to reach that point mentally to do it.

Do I still want one frequently? Not as much now as I did 3 months ago, so maybe there's hope.

I think the same is true for burgers and fries, I will always miss them, but again I like the new me a lot more than I like burgers. It's really a choice.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I've given up my fave bakery bread that I used to have with my soup at lunch, twas mediterannean bread that had olive oil, olives and marinated med veg in it, weighed a tonne but was delish absolutley saturated with calorific goodness. I now have crappy nimble wholemeal as a crouton :P

I try to avoid work cake and cookies that tend to be brought into the office about twice a week, but sometimes if there on a table in a meeting I cave. (but I'm not really a chocoholic so this isn't too hard)

I also try to cut down my evening meal portions of pasta and rice by padding my meals out with either more salad or veg and try to avoid creamy, oily sauces.

Also try to avoid takeaway food like the plague, but still eat out about 4 times a month at restaurants or at friends :S
  • phoenix8633
    phoenix8633 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i've cut down on the chocolate and only have a small treat on a Saturday or Sunday sometimes not at all.
    I've stopped junk food as in takeaways because we were getting out of hand with the dominos pizzas, so it's just a once a month thing now for me, my other half will sometimes order one more than once a month and I'll resist the temptation well done me!

But generally I didn't really eat badly anyway I've just changed a few things and introduced more salad and veg and protein meats.
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    MILKSHAKES and lots of them
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Reese's Cups and Kit-Kat bars. It was hard at first, especially for my husband. He didn't know what to "treat" me with once I started dieting.

Oh! And Krispy Kreme's Chocolate Pies. YUM! I like Lemon Pies too (Apple and Cherry are easiest to find).

Also, I hate going to school and not packing my lunch because I can't eat anything in the vending machines. :noway: However, I don't WANT anything in the vending machines any more. :smooched:
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Mini-Wheats. Once I found out they were nearly 100g of carbs for the size of bowl I used to eat, I knew there was no way I could fit them into my diet.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I've given up a lot only because I did a complete overhaul of what and how I eat.
    I am NOT on a diet. I am on a life long healthy eating style. I no longer eat refined processed foods, No sodas, no white rice or things made of white flour.

What do I miss? I am starting to miss my Dr. Peppers. That was all I used to drink.

When football season starts, I will still make my weekly homemade hot wings. I just want eat as many. :-)

I made a similar lifestyle change. And I also used to love Dr. Pepper. They sit in the house all the time because my husband drinks them. I didn't have one for 4 months, and then when I did, it tasted yucky to me.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    SLEEP. . .in order to have consistency I have to get up and at the exercise in the morning. I HATE waking up in the morning. I thought by 40 I'd be over that, but not so much.
  • llpleslie
    llpleslie Posts: 53
    Options
    I cut out my sweets which was really hard, I dread xmas this year because my kids are expecting their usual choc pie, fudge and other sweets I make. they may have to do without.
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    My name is Bryan and I'm a bread-a-holic!
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Fast food, french fries, baked goods. Diet coke. But mostly ice cream. I just can't eat it. I gain weight like crazy if I eat ice cream. But I'm learning to love sugar free fudgesicles and italian ice as a treat.
  • Hksalex
    Hksalex Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    the all amazing DR.PEPPER!!! i miss this stuff...
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I haven't sacrificed anything! At first I calorie counted religiously and wrote everything down...there were a lot of lentils...but once I started exercising properly I found I could eat a more varied diet and still lose weight...and now I do eat what I like.
    However, I just can't eat the quantity of food I would once have put away without a thought. I can't eat a full 3-course meal any more. If there's a buffet I know I won't be able to eat a piled-up plate...so I pick the things I like best and avoid the fillers. I'm at the point where I'm trying to maintain and I have to remind myself to eat more or the weight won't stay on - I would never have believed it!
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    "What sacrifices have you given up to lose weight?"

If you give up on a sacrifice you are making . . . doesn't that make you a quitter?
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    "What sacrifices have you given up to lose weight?"

if you give up on a sacrifice you are making . . . doesn't that make you a quitter?

Awesome point!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Nachos!! OMG how I want some bad! but I tell ya, 'that time of the month' I always want chocolate, and i am not ever giving that up ;) I made a whole pan of brownies this month.. at 1 am nonetheless lol. Gotta have my monthly brownies :love: