RP
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    I like to think mine's just neutral but I have a soft Aussie accent
  • Lucie_L00
    Lucie_L00 Posts: 53
    Options
    even doh i didn t live in a french world in 12 years,, i stilll have the french accent i am told,,lol
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I don't really have one.. but a small Boston accent probably. My husband has a strong Boston accent. No "R"s ... not sure how he got one.. we grew up in the same town in Northern Mass

LOL... I'm from New England (Mass) also and as we say, I don't have an accent, you do! When people from the South hear me tawk, they do ask if I'm from Boston, as I don't pronounce R's much, paaahk the cahhhh in Haahvad Yaaahd LOL!
  • dpgwu09
    dpgwu09 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Southwest Georgia and I currently live in the Washington DC area; people ask me all the time "Where are you from"? Sometimes, I tell them I'm from Brooklyn NY. You should see the look and hear the responses when I tell them that. But I always give it away because I cannot keep a straight face:laugh:
  • 6566tess
    6566tess Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Michigan but I have lived in MN for the last 24 years. For work I talk to people from all over the country and I frequently get pegged for being from MN because of my accent.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    West Coast hood speak when I'm casual. Corporate American when I'm professional.
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I was born and raised in Missouri, and until recently, I always thought I had the typical Midwestern non-accent, but my husband teases me about my "Texas twang", and when I read our warehouse address in Dallas to my customers, they almost all say "I KNEW you were from Texas...you have a great accent!"

Hmmm...must have come from the 3 years I lived in Dallas. :embarassed:
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Michigan but I have lived in MN for the last 24 years. For work I talk to people from all over the country and I frequently get pegged for being from MN because of my accent.

MN has a definite accent.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I'm from Northern New York, so I have one of those non-accents accent. Although sometimes people tell me I sound like I'm from Canada (only with certain words).
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I have no idea :laugh:
    I THINK I sound like your run of the mill Californian, peppered with a little Chicago, New York, and Southern-ish intonations on certain words.
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    well a few people told me I sound like I am from Colorado because of my accent, someone else said I sound like I am from Oklahoma never lived either place. I guess my accent is hoosier (Indiana) mixed with a little Arkansan.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I have a Swedish accent with a southern twang, moved to the (southern) US when I was about 16.
  • kaylurzz
    kaylurzz Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    All my friends from college thought I was from Tennessee or Georgia when I first met them. lol nope! From Florida.

So I guess I have a bit of a southern accent. lol
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I'm originally from Greater Manchester but lived in Bath for two years so now I have a proper mix of both common northern & farmerish southern haha, I always get asked to say words like 'tractor' 'door' & 'horse' because they bring out the proper Bristolian sounding twang in my voice haha, I sometimes get told I sound American haha.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    hmm....well i'm from Canada (southwestern ontario), I don't know what you'd call my accent?
    I don't sound east coast, I don't say ooout and aboooot or Toranna (Toronto) or Gradge (Garage) or warsh or any of the stereotypical things you hear. I don't have the awesome sounding A (sounds kinda like an au, like paunts) that West coast seems to have.
    I DO say "eh" though. I have no idea how to define how I speak!

I love an Irish accent (Dublin area) I did actually work with several Irish folks and some sounded so cool and some I could barely understand at all! So cool.
  • leahrochelle
    leahrochelle Posts: 218
    Options
    I've been told I have a Wisconsin accent. NO CLUE what that means.
  • TippFan
    TippFan Posts: 4
    Options
    Irish - it's a mixture of Tipperary (where I was born and raised) Dublin, where I lived and worked. Sounds a bit funny with a few drinks.
  • amberleighM04
    Options
    Southern...
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Southern, but not super thick....although, my northern friends would disagree. :)