Do you really think logging in every day to MFP helps?

Options
Sounds stupid, I know.

Replies

• MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options
    Definitely. I like that I'm holding myself accountable.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    It helps me. It helps me stay motivated and organized, and keep the good I'm doing for myself in the front of my mind.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I just started actually. I am quite excited about it because I like keeping track. Before, I'd always keep track on simple text files and such and eventually forget and all that. But a site to go to everyday while I have a desk job will be fabulous!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY :drinker:
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    logging my food so i know my carb counts helps.
  • ColleenRoss50
    ColleenRoss50 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!

I have been logging in and tracking my calories daily without fail since I started in March and have lost consistently. Now almost to my goal.
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Logging on each day is the most important part for me.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    It helps the thought of a healthy and consistent life stay in my mind. Even if i make bad choices, I know the calories / protein / carbs and such in them and ponder if I can still set things right tonight or if I'll just have to be super awesome tomorrow.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    i think it's the one thing that is almost guaranteed to work.
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I really don't think I would have lost as much or learned as much and had as much support without it. Its the only way I can stick to it. I love my MFP family :heart:
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Logging every single day is the best way for me to get the weight off and keep it off.

If I had not stopped tracking my foods 12 years ago, I wouldn't have gained weight in the first place! The day I stopped logging was the day I started gaining weight.
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    YES. yes it does
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I just heard on the news's medical segment, that studies have shown, those who log your daily intake, lose 11% more weight than those who do not log.

I have been maintenance for over 4 years and I still log, 90% of the time.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Bigtime. And it's not nearly as much of a pain as I thought it would be.
  • Nice
    Nice Posts: 84
    Options
    YES! I never realized how much I ate before I started logging.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Yes - I do well with routine. When I get off track, one of the first things I usually end up doing is stop logging/logging-in to MFP daily because I know I'm not doing well. By signing in to MFP every day, it keeps me aware and much more likely to stay on top of things and catch problems before I slide off track completely.
  • ncytiz
    ncytiz Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I think I'm at around 265 days in a row logged. If I didn't do it, I'm sure I wouldn't have been as successful with my weight loss. I'm only a couple of pounds away from my goal and I'm going to continue to log when I'm on maintenance. It helps me to see both the good and the bad and to stay honest with myself.

Maybe someday I'll be able to eat properly without logging, but I've been down this road before, and I'm NOT going to let myself get lazy and gain it back. If I have to log forever, so be it!
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I could probably do it on my own now, but it helps me so much that I will continue! Even though I'm at maintenance.
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    It has definitely helped me to understand better overall nutrition. It also helps on my binge or cheat days because I still log what I'm eating so I wind up eating a lot less than I used to! I may go over my calories or have some candy but I'll never eat 2000+ calories in one meal ever again!
  • RegalSeagull
    Options
    I love it. Not only is it a useful tool and forces you to be accountable, it's a good way to interact with and engage your diet/fitness. The more I think about my goals, the more inclined I am to keep on track.