Do you really think logging in every day to MFP helps?

Options

Replies

• kaylamichele90
    Options
    100% believe it doesn!! It helps me stay focused on what I am eating and not going off my deit =]
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Omg yes.

After being on here every day for almost a month (now that I have the internet back at home), I was doing rather well.

But THEN my broadband internet company (O2) went down for 2 days, so I couldn't log on. I went off track and have gained 1.4lb. In two days. Ugh. Back on it now though :wink:
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Logging in daily helps me with my exercise. Logging food isn't because I have no trouble sticking with what I want to do to lose weight. I think it has actually hurt me in getting me confused initially about BMR and TDEE and eating back exercise calories. I was doing okay before just eating clean when I'm hungry and until I'm full.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!
    I am a bit competitive, so I see that someone else has done such and such and I am like I can do that , so I try and it motivates me to do more, I don't want to be the slacker of the group, lol.
    Keeping track of what I put in my mouth has haelped and the boards have taught me a lot of useful information.
  • digitalodin
    digitalodin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. The more I use the site, the easier it gets. Also, join groups, comment on the forums, and add friends. The more time you spend on the site, the more it becomes a part of your life and the easier it is to care more about what you're doing for your health.
  • EmilyT1994
    EmilyT1994 Posts: 33
    Options
    Of course!
    I lost 7 pounds in the past 3 days alone, all because I'm controlling my fat, carbs and calories (which I think are most important). I haven't dieted this way before, just controlled my calories, but seeing the fat etc really hits home. One chicken curry ready meal I was gonna have tonight after work had 28 more grams of fat that if I was to eat a cooked dinner and light lunch combined.

I hope these first three days aren't just a blip!
    Let the weight loss continue!
    =D

This is so much more effective than forcing myself to eat healthy and craving unhealthy food, and then gorging chocolate to make up for it.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I mostly log to make sure I eat enough at this point, but it has definitely helped me!
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    For me I don't think it would work if I didn't :-)
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    100%. I'm generally not hungry and won't eat enough unless I see it written down somewhere. MFP reminds me to eat. :)
  • BeckyLH
    BeckyLH Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    It's easily the best weight loss aid I've ever used.
  • baddkitty187
    baddkitty187 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It definitely makes me more conscientious about what I eat even when I don't log my food :)
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Definitely!! I actually log on multiple times a day... I like logging my food, love I can can foods with my phone and bang they are in there in my log.

Truth be told I check MFP before I roll out of bed ;):flowerforyou:

BAHAHAHAHA--- this is totally me! as soon as i wake up, i log on to MFP without fail EVERY SINGLE DAY. hahahahahah...
  • skoblinka
    skoblinka Posts: 22
    Options
    Logging definitely helps! Before I started logging what I eat, I had a vague idea about the nutrients that were going in my body... With MFP I actually know that I need to eat more of a certain macro or micronutrient, and remember to drink my water.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY!!!! It helps hold you accountable and helps you focus on the task at hand (getting healthy).
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Keeps me honest....so I do.
  • benegesserit
    Options
    If I don't keep track, I overeat.
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I saw a report on the Today Show that said the single most important thing a person trying to lose weight can do is keep a food diary! They showed a woman who had lost a significant amount of weight (like over 130lbs.) and has kept it off for 5 years AND she still keeps a food diary to this day!

While MFP offers forums, friendships, exercise tracking, and other tools, it is primarily an electronic food diary! I have 300+ consecutive days, and I think that I have done pretty good.
  • Reneefit135
    Reneefit135 Posts: 170
    Options
    I am on again off again so i can definitely say that it works. I only lose when I'm tracking. Im far from my goal so hoping i stick to it this time. Still looking for a support group in addition to tracking.
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    It works for me.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Well, I just know logging works for me. If I want to maintain or lose weight, logging is what I do…