Do you really think logging in every day to MFP helps?

Options

Replies

• apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Absolutely it does!
  • coullmom
    coullmom Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Well I stopped for awhile....and guess what.....I gained the weight back!! So yes it has helped me!! There are foods that you think are ok, but if you log them, you realize they are not ok, so you can decide not to eat them anymore. I wouldn't have any clue on the calories in most things without reading labels and logging on here.
  • 5kidsforme
    5kidsforme Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yes it really does. My weight loss is proof. It keeps me accountable. :flowerforyou:
  • upmost18
    upmost18 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've been using the tool for a week. I have it loaded on my iPhone, Kindle Fire and IE favorites. While it may seem time consuming at first, you start to realize the stuff you put in your mouth and how fast in adds up. Plus the hint at the end of the day helps you understand the things you did right/wrong
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    it helps me, i usually log what i think i will be eating that day and then tweak it as necessary to stay in the calorie range i want. it also lets me know if its okay to have a little treat when i am under my calories and helps me say no if i am already at my calories.... don't wanna do all that work for nothing.
  • SwissRiviera
    Options
    Thanks for the comments! Logging in keeps it real. There are no flights or binges of fantasy. I was thrilled to find all the Swiss foods that I like listed. Accountability and support....
  • briannaj3
    briannaj3 Posts: 2
    Options
    Definitely! especially viewing others' success and talking to others. It's great to get comments helping to motivate you too :)
  • ElizabethARodriguez
    Options
    I think it does, it makes me realize how much I was eating and how much I needed to. I've only done this for about 2 weeks and I've lost 4 lbs. This is the best App Ive ever downloaded. :)
  • shortshortssoon
    Options
    I log sometimes, I like to have that as an option! I am a food addict and sometimes I find that constantly tracking food just makes me think about food more .... When I do not track I just try to eat low carb foods.... I started being less hungry and have been losing every week since I stopped tracking. I do eat alot of the same things though.
  • jchizick
    jchizick Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Motivates you to reach your goals!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Yes. It can be tedious, but it's keeping me on track. When I stop logging, I stop caring as much, as I noticed this last week when I took a break while on vaykay. I know that if I didn't log everyday, I could easily slip out of eating to lose.
  • CChandler81
    CChandler81 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yep, it helped me lose weight a few years ago and I know it'll help again. I tend to be a little self-destructive in my eating habits when I'm not accountable...eating b/c I'm stressed, bored, or simply "deserve" it for one reason or another. It's caused me to put on a good 20 lbs in two years. I
    Just in the week I've been tracking, I feel so much more hopeful, happy, and confident knowing that I control what I eat, not the other way around. I've resisted bad fast food choices, junk my husband eats, and I am learning to listen to my body again for hunger cues. I'm hoping that one day this will become a lifestyle and not something I HAVE to log into in order to make healthy choices.
  • seejulesrun
    seejulesrun Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Depends on the person. I know that if I am going to overeat and underact, that it is there for me to see what I have done to myself. Otherwise, I am unaware and I don't think about it. It's gotten to the point where I feel bad not keeping track, and MFP is an easier way to do it for me.
  • jamierlarsen
    Options
    FOR SURE!! It helps me be accountable to myself. I just never realized how much I was eating before. It helps me see actually how much exercise I have to do when I eat that 1 cookie I shouldn't.
  • PS2CR
    PS2CR Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It helps me, no question. I log anything I eat right after eating it; the accountability of logging keeps me honest, and compels me to measure and weigh amounts instead of guessing. Logging right after eating (or exercising) keeps me reminded every time I open my mouth that I'm on a fitness plan, and is reinforcing that positive goal with every entry. I started 20 days ago on this plan, and have already lost 7 pounds. Best app I've ever put on my phone.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I do. It really made me aware of how much I was eating and how to properly balance my macros. I actually very rarely log anymore, because I'm able to count subconsciously. It was a great learning tool though.
  • rozsbluejay
    rozsbluejay Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    It really is a wakeup call
  • AmandaDutra
    Options
    For me, it showed me I wasnt eating ENOUGH. I always thought I was eating too much so I wouldnt eat after a certain point, when in all reality I had only snacked on a bunch of sweets and so my sugar was over but I was only at 800 calories a day. Which is no bueno trying to lose weight. I think it goes both ways, it also holds you accountable during "splurge" days. A lot of people wont input the data on those days, but I think it is important for us to (I do) because otherwise how will you know how those foods effect your goals, etc. It might also help you not eat some of that stuff (like once when I downed a whole thing of white queso from chilis at 1500+calories and that was an appetizer, or the 600 calorie peice of cake you ate.. you start thinking (OMG thats an hour of running at 10min mile) is it really worth it? It definitely makes me think twice.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    So-so just a force of habit now.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Yes, it has helped me. It keeps me accountable.