Tanning ?

Options
k900
k900 Posts: 140 Member
Opinions on tanning ?

I am considering going to a tanning salon but I am not sure if it is worth the risk.

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    cancer
  • sheryllamb72
    sheryllamb72 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    cancer

Do you go out in the sun and sun bathe?? .........same thing!!!

I use a sunbed once a week for 6 minutes and there's nothing wrong with my skin!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1127175/Top-cancer-doctor-says-SHOULD-sunbed-session.html
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I'm the idiot that ignores all the risks people talk about and do it anyways, I find it incredibly relaxing and having a bit of a tan gives me a little more confidence.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I'm not big into tanning, just to give me a little color in the summer so I'm not so translucent.

But I will be switching to Mystic HD Spray Tans after this summer because I don't want leather-like skin when I'm in my 30's.

If I were you, I'd do sprays.
  • MissShancey
    MissShancey Posts: 464
    Options
    Tanning = Cancer

dont get me wrong .. my gym has free tanning beds and mannnnn my pasty *kitten* could use a little bronzing .. my bum is so white it literally glows in the dark i kid you not!

Simply put .. its cancer ... What if aids was on sale? would you go buy it .. no you wouldn't because its aids...
    dont buy cancer if you wouldn't buy aids
  • sheryllamb72
    Options
    I'm the idiot that ignores all the risks people talk about and do it anyways, I find it incredibly relaxing and having a bit of a tan gives me a little more confidence.

*Like*
  • sheryllamb72
    Options
    Tanning = Cancer

dont get me wrong .. my gym has free tanning beds and mannnnn my pasty *kitten* could use a little bronzing .. my bum is so white it literally glows in the dark i kid you not!

Simply put .. its cancer ... What if aids was on sale? would you go buy it .. no you wouldn't because its aids...
    dont buy cancer if you wouldn't buy aids

AIDs is something you get thru a virus spread from human to human.....cancer isn't!!!!

Sunbeds don't give you cancer if used properly. People that overuse them are at more risk of getting skin cancer, the same as people that spend every minute in the sun in hot countries!! It's the overuse of it!!!!!
  • mrsnathanandrew
    Options

AIDs is something you get thru a virus spread from human to human.....cancer isn't!!!!

Sunbeds don't give you cancer if used properly. People that overuse them are at more risk of getting skin cancer, the same as people that spend every minute in the sun in hot countries!! It's the overuse of it!!!!!

Agreed ^^
  • sheryllamb72
    Options
    I'm not big into tanning, just to give me a little color in the summer so I'm not so translucent.

But I will be switching to Mystic HD Spray Tans after this summer because I don't want leather-like skin when I'm in my 30's.

I'm almost 40 (this year), and most people are shocked when they see me because I dont look it! so it goes to show that my skin isn't leathery!!
  • k900
    k900 Posts: 140 Member
    Options

Have you tried the spray tan yet ? I have heard they look fake and it's a mess when it starts to wear off. This might be a stupid question but are there different levels of color with the spray tan. I don't really want to be tan I just want a bit of color because I have very fair skin.
  • mrsnathanandrew
    Options
    There's a difference between tanning to relax and get a little color and looking like that "Tanning mom"
  • Jani2416
    Jani2416 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm a redhead and obsessed with the sun, but also obsessed with sunscreen. I've already had a scare with skin cancer. It's not worth the risk in my opinion.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    cancer

I use a sunbed once a week for 6 minutes and there's nothing wrong with my skin!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1127175/Top-cancer-doctor-says-SHOULD-sunbed-session.html

The articles suggests the following -

Because the whole body is usually exposed, a single five to ten-minute session once every six weeks should be sufficient.
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Dove tanning moisturiser.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    cancer

The articles suggests the following -

Because the whole body is usually exposed, a single five to ten-minute session once every six weeks should be sufficient.

i wouldn't call that tanning. most people are exposed to uva and uvb for longer periods unintending a tan.
  • Killing_Perfection
    Killing_Perfection Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm as pale as a chalk wall simply because I like this kind of look, but I have to admit it's incredibly relaxing. I don't think I'll change my behavior, though, I have no desire to look like some old leather couch in a few years. And boy, have I seen things....

I'll just get some color with some more ink, if needed :bigsmile:
  • sheryllamb72
    Options

I use that too for a quick tan in a week, but it smells like biscuits!! lol :laugh:
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I tan.. I've also had 7 moles taken off and check for cancer.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with it.. and haven't gone in over 2 weeks due to family problems.

I plan to go again pretty soon.. and even then only like 2-3 times a week for 15 minutes a pop.
  • 1969ned
    1969ned Posts: 219
    Options

I use that too for a quick tan in a week, but it smells like biscuits!! lol :laugh:

been thinking of using this - does it streak and how long does it last? :flowerforyou:
  • nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I am in the sun for 10 mins (not sunbathing) and i tan -no tanning lotion or anything-

Its so annoying because im uneven!!