For cryin' out loud. I eat pasta, fast food and ice cream!

Options
I'm so tired of seeing "I can't eat pasta. I can't eat fast food. I can't eat ice cream. I can't eat fruit. I can't have this. I can't have that."

Seriously. This is why people don't "diet" because they think they're only going to live on lettuce and nuts.

I eat pasta.
I drank booze (can't now because I'm pregnant).
I eat ice cream EVERY DAY. Yes, EVERY SINGLE DAY (and have for 7 months now)
I eat fast food.
Heck, I'll even have that 1000 calorie burrito from Chipotle.

And yes! I LOST WEIGHT. And how did I do it?

BY WORKING MY *kitten* OFF.

Did I really want that burrito? You bet I did. But I exercised to earn it.

Do I REALLY eat ice cream EVERY DAY? Sure do. I remember the days I would down half a container of Breyer's. Not anymore. The key is portion control. I get the Skinny Cow. Actually, right now I have full fat, full calorie TRIPLE CHOCOLATE DRUMSTICKS in my freezer. I had one last night, and golly, I made it fit into my plan.

*gasp* PASTA?! OH NO. Yes, I eat pasta and I do regularly. I'll usually have 1.5-2 servings of cheese ravioli WITH sauce PLUS vegetables with butter!

My macros are set at 45-35-20 and I hit them almost every day on point with calories to spare at the end of the day! Today - my macros came all to 0 at the end of the day.

You CAN eat all the "evil" foods. It's not a "diet", it's a LIFESTYLE CHANGE and the key to a lifestyle change is to enjoy everything you enjoy, but to adapt them in a way to make them fit into your new lifestyle.

Replies

• LunaMischief
    LunaMischief Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :flowerforyou:

I am the same exact way. Eat all I want, just work that much more to earn it. (There's just no way ever I can give up choco chip cookies and pizza :love: )
  • OnTheWayToPerfection
    OnTheWayToPerfection Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I know what you're sayin'!
    You think I'm gonna give up my chocolate and pizza? NO!!
    I have NOT denied myself of anything and I'm down 20lbs!
    Moderation is key!
  • sunnyshine1313
    sunnyshine1313 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with you. I have not denied myself anything, just adjusted how much I eat and if I have the calories left for it. Thanks for posting!
  • xonicolette
    xonicolette Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!! I could never give up all sweets or junk food. If I eat it, just burn it off! =)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    But those aren't clean foods,therefore you're destroying your health
  • jammet80
    jammet80 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Had ice cream for lunch, pasta for dinner, may have a cookie for a late night snack, and ate some fruit for snacks.....and I did all of this today and regularly during the past 15 months and lost about 73 pounds in total....as mentioned above....work out, watch portion and enjoy life :-)
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Love this! :drinker:

It's exactly what I live by, if I can fit it into my plan and I want it, I'm having it!
    Depriving myself of certain things never works..
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Good for you, skinny doesn't mean heathy though ... Just sayin' ...
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I agree. I would be miserable if I gave up all the good stuff forever. Sure, I'd probably lose weight faster if I never ate that stuff but I wouldn't be happy and what's the point of being skinny if I'm not happy? O.o
  • glyncoco
    glyncoco Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Totally agree! I've tried to change my habits and encourage fresher food in my diet, but don't really have any desire to cut out everything because I know I can't stick to it for the rest of my life. Sometimes I get carried away, but I don't let it get me down! I enjoy baking too much to be done for good. I see it as striking a balance and having the discipline to pay for the treats in my life with hard work.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I eat all that stuff too. I had a ton of candy yesterday.
  • cleavagefurrow
    cleavagefurrow Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    How do you control yourself with portions? The more I exercise, the more I can't control myself because my cravings get intensified. Example, I burn 200 calories, I was going to eat one cookie, but then I end up eating 1,000 calories worth of food in addition to that one cookie. :(
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, well except the pasta, I don't like it, we still have a once a week trip to Mickie D's we just make sure we've built up the calories.

If I wanted to eat fruits and nuts I'd become a squirrel :smile:
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: yay for the voice of reason.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    agreed! I even log my alcohol, if i'm going to indulge I count it n make sure I still stay on track(yes I could make a better choice but this is what's working for me atm)
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Amen!!
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 354 Member
    Options

True that. Which is why I have not so clean foods like the ones described in OP in moderation.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options

They are if you use clean dishes. :smokin:
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I'm so tired of seeing "I can't eat pasta. I can't eat fast food. I can't eat ice cream. I can't eat fruit. I can't have this. I can't have that."

First things first.. you dont need to be nasty about it.

Secondly, there are many people who have serious medical problems that warrant the elimination of those types of foods. I have patients who have such issues who use MFP for tracking under the physician's advice.

Then you have people who come out and admit that they dont have control when they eat those types of foods thus they do their best not to have them.

So yes, there are people who legitimately cant have those types of foods.