How much weight have you lost and how long did it take?

Options
I'm just curious to see the average amount of time it takes for people to lose their weight, I understand that obviously everyone's weight/goals/etc are different.

Here's Mine:

6 weeks - Sinus infection for 10 of those days though, so I was taking it easy.
4lbs LOST :D

SW: 150
Height: 5'7
GW: 130

Replies

• offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    started last April,2011.started at 240,current weight 160, so 15 months to lose 80 pounds
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this since April, so 4 months to lose 18.6lbs (the .6 counts) but I plateau'd for 1 of those months right at the 200lb mark!
  • vizamy
    vizamy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    25 kg in about ten months.
  • claresusan
    claresusan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    31 kgs (68 pounds) in 6.5 months - thrilled about it!! :smile:
  • jayhawkX
    jayhawkX Posts: 48
    Options
    Well this time around I have lost 38-ish pounds and it as taken me a few weeks.

The last time I lost weight I managed to lose 187 pounds in 10 months. But I gained it all back and then some.
  • sezziejm
    sezziejm Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    started 19th feb '12.....63.8lb lost
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Started my weight loss Jan 2012. 151lb lost so far, about another 10 or so to go.
  • Vipecap
    Vipecap Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    9.5 months for 115lbs there abouts
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    40lbs in 5 months.

Total was 60lbs in about 18 months (didn't stick with it the whole time though)
  • SaltyPlusSweet
    Options
    In 3 months I did 20lbs. Was going thru a rough break up though.
  • junepinktigger
    junepinktigger Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    start weight 254 in march 2012.

height 5ft 7
    current weight 227.2
    there is a 13 inch loss on waist. the scales dont move every week, but in over all average its 1.6lbs loss per week, been 17 weeks so far and total 27 lbs loss :)
  • AmandaDutra
    Options
    Wow, all of your results are incredible! It totally makes me feel bad about how little ive lost over the last month and a half! I notice inches gone too though, so I am sure that counts for something... right?
  • tinawharrison
    Options
    40lbs since the 5th Jan! Flipping hard work too but lots more to lose! :smile:
  • tinawharrison
    Options
    Wow, all of your results are incredible! It totally makes me feel bad about how little ive lost over the last month and a half! I notice inches gone too though, so I am sure that counts for something... right?

Inches count more than weight! Scales are evil!! :laugh:
  • smimo
    smimo Posts: 34
    Options
    think of your loss in hamburger pounds... if you loose 2lbs a week... well thats feeding a family of 8 :)
  • jayhawkX
    jayhawkX Posts: 48
    Options
    think of your loss in hamburger pounds... if you loose 2lbs a week... well thats feeding a family of 8 :)

That's funny…
  • AmandaDutra
    Options
    LOVE the hamburger reference. I might even have to share it with some friends :P So cute!
  • junepinktigger
    junepinktigger Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    for long enough i wasn't even getting 4lbs in a month, i am getting small losses now i am going to the gym, spinning, swimming, circuits, and treadmill at home,

where as before that i would be fighting the loosing battle of scale movement, but inches were coming off, i have done 13 inches waist, 4 bust sizes, 6 inch hips, 2 inch each arm, and 3 inch each thigh,
    i also take a selection of pictures on the 25th of each month, :)
  • jocelind
    jocelind Posts: 2
    Options
    started april and now am down 14 pounds! trying to lose 30 so almost half way! :D
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Back in 2009 before MFP I weighed close to 170lbs. & was considered obese at my 5'2" frame. It was the time also that I was diagnosed with PCOS & type 2 diabetes. Then started this journey on my own (I haven't yet discovered MFP on that time) & lost 15 lbs. but went plateau for the entire 2010. May last year I again lost 5 lbs. that puts me out of the 150 lb. mark then one month later when I discovered MFP. October-November 2011 when I reached my goal weight of 125lbs. (my current weight) then come January when I lost again & went down as low as 115lbs! While its still considered normal for my height but since I'm medium framed so I really looked too skinny with that weight so I decided to undergo weight gaining program.

All in all it took me 3 long years to finally got to where I am now.