Fat Clothes - Toss or Pack Away?

Options

Replies

• lauraashley614
    Options
    Pick your favorites that you dont want to live without, find a taylor and have them altered to your new size. Donate the rest and enjoy building your new closet for your new body.

This^
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I will never be able to do one of those :after" pics where I fit in one of my old pants legs, because I regularly get rid of EVERYTHING that is too big...in fact, it's about time to do it again...I do not plan on ever wearing those sizes again.
  • lucykg1980
    Options
    I'm always tempted to pack away, but since most of mine are cheap things anyway since I refuse to spend good money on fat clothes, I am throwing away!
  • lil_pixie
    lil_pixie Posts: 48
    Options
    I'd say get your favorite altered, and if you've spent a lot on the rest and are worried that chucking them will seem like a waste of money then sell them on ebay. My friend sold quite a few dresses etc online that were too big for her and managed to make about £160. So... no temptation of "it's ok if i got up a size as I'll still have something to wear" and you get some money to go out and buy some new nice clothes in the right size.

win-win :smile:
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    GoodWill most of my fatty clothes are nice and in good condition due to my always shopping. So off to Goodwill they go and hopefully they will make some other person happy

OH and i get my tax receipt! total WIN
  • stestut
    stestut Posts: 42
    Options
    TOSS OLD CLOTHES!!!
  • SueMizZou
    SueMizZou Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 30 pounds so far and would like to lose 10 more. I have TONS of size 8 to 12 clothes in my closet. I am now a size 6-8. I want to go through my closet and weed out the old but I am not sure what to do with it. I am a teacher and I have so many great work clothes. I have spent a lot on those clothes and I will probably fit in those sizes someday as I get older. Am I making excuses? Should I really toss all those great clothes?

Toss. By the time you get older and may fit in them, they'll be out of style anyway
  • BaileyKat52
    BaileyKat52 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 30 pounds so far and would like to lose 10 more. I have TONS of size 8 to 12 clothes in my closet. I am now a size 6-8. I want to go through my closet and weed out the old but I am not sure what to do with it. I am a teacher and I have so many great work clothes. I have spent a lot on those clothes and I will probably fit in those sizes someday as I get older. Am I making excuses? Should I really toss all those great clothes?

Toss. By the time you get older and may fit in them, they'll be out of style anyway

Try picking out your favorites and have them altered to fit :smile:
  • laurengrayy
    Options
    THROW AWAY! You don't want the buffer!
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    send em to ME! lol
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I packed up my larger size clothes & donated them to charity. I have no intention of ever needing them again.
  • sunnymel126
    sunnymel126 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I plan on having alterations done on some of my clothes... the rest I am either taking to a consignment shop or donating them.

I don't plan on ever being this size again after I lose weight.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    :drinker: sell and buy new!!! yay! thx ebay
  • Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I want fat clothes OUT OF MY LIFE!
    In this journey, I went through 3 major wardrobe changes. If we keep these fat clothes, we are planning weight gain.
    Burn them ALL or give them to Good Will.
    Leave yourself NOTHING to fall back on.

THIS!!!! was on XL before now a M and I will never go back to I burned them all!!!!
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I say take your favorite items to a tailor and see if he/she can take them in. But I say toss the rest out! Why do you want those clothes around if you never want to be able to fit in them again? When you hit your goal weight treat yourself to a shopping spree for all your hard work :)
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Have confidence that this is a LIFE change and toss 'em...if they're still in good condition, donate them! Let someone less fortunate than you score a nice interview outfit from a thrift store! BELIEVE you're going to stay in your new size because you CAN!
  • Rohnic
    Rohnic Posts: 82
    Options
    Keep one pair of Jeans as a reminder give the rest to Goodwill.
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I donated majority of my clothes (there was nothing worth saving / having tailored) with the exception of one pair of jeans that are my Jared (subway guy) jeans. Every time I put them on it's a reminder of how far I have come. They currently slide right off me and someday I will hopefully have a picture of me standing in one leg!!

I definitely wouldn't keep them (unless there is something you love and could have tailored)!!
  • HeatherDee92
    HeatherDee92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    GOODWILL!
  • kimmraderie
    Options
    Here's what I've done:

DONATE most items that were just for trend.
    TAILOR items that are classics and can be modified to fit my body.
    TOSS items that you know you should NEVER wear again, regardless of trend/style.
    KEEP a "measure my inches lost" pair of jeans and dress and anything in a smaller size.

Celebrate.

(repeat)