Fat Clothes - Toss or Pack Away?

Options

Replies

• lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Pick your favorites that you dont want to live without, find a taylor and have them altered to your new size. Donate the rest and enjoy building your new closet for your new body.

^^This. If you do have an emotional attachment to a dress or outfit, then get it altered to fit your new self.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I have donated most of mine that are way too big to wear. Getting them out of my closet and seeing how few things I actually can fit into...motivates me to keep moving forward, plus...ya get to buy new clothes!!!

BTW- wish you lived closer.. your 'fat clothes" are what I am wearing now!!!
  • gonnawin
    gonnawin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a single parent and a teacher. I struggle with money as well. However, box those clothes up and find another teacher or friend that can use them. What they don't want donate them. It's the only way that you'll have room for the fantastic fitting clothes that you can fit in now. How many normal weight people do you know who say I think I'll buy some clothes two sizes too big for when I get fat enough to fit in them? I'm not trying to be harsh but you'll feel better. I went through all my clothes. I pitched what was out of fashion, ugly, in disrepair, or just was never gonna wear it. Then I could really see what clothes actually fit and was able to make outfits. It also allowed me to buy new things based on what I already had. Good luck!
  • TiaWer
    TiaWer Posts: 9
    Options
    I just started last week so I am still in my fat clothes but I plan to lose them ALL once I lose the weight! I have some really nice $50-$100 dresses that I plan to have taken in to fit my new size once I get there but as for the rest I will be dropping them off at Goodwill and NEVER looking back! I feel like keeping them would be like telling myself that it is OK to gain the weight back and I do not want that.
  • rmac18
    rmac18 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    get rid of them
  • Dawnhasajeep
    Dawnhasajeep Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am so confused on clothing sizes...what use to be small is med now ,,,med.is lg...lg.is xlg..etc....its really hard to say what size people wear any more ...I say keep the best and donate the rest......
    I agree I have size 12 that fit and size 6 that fit. The sizes differ greatly from company to company there is not more standard sizing.

I say sell and make some money for new clothes. I gave mine away to a friend who ended up selling them. Gerrr… I was going to do that but she said she wanted them.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Either donate or sell, don't keep them. You don't want the temptation to think, "Well its only 5lbs I gained, I have clothes that fit."
  • LGA14
    LGA14 Posts: 3
    Options
    Toss. Period.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I gave a lot of mine to a fellow MFP member who needed them. See if any of your MFP friends needs new clothes. If not, donate them.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'd say donate them and save maybe on pair of pants, for before and after pics :drinker:
    Congrads on your loss!!
  • lovecellomusic
    Options
    I say donate the good ones and toss the rest.
  • strongandhealthy78
    strongandhealthy78 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've been giving mine away - on freecycle or on my fatdykes mailing list. It makes me feel so much better to give them away. :)
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    TOSS ALL FAT CLOTHES

Whatevcer about keeping skinny clothes as an aim to get back into them, you don;t want to be doing that with the fat ones.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can have a few of them altered to fit your new body.
  • Bearded_Slakoth
    Bearded_Slakoth Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I gave ALL my FAT clothes to the poor. Just gave them all away because I don't want ANYTHING in my possession of the old me except pictures. No point because I will never go back to how I was.
  • mispotatohead
    mispotatohead Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If they are too loose donate them. I packed mine away the first two times I lost weight and grew right back into them. It was too easy to unpack them. If you've got nothing to grow back into and your clothes start to get snug it's a constant reminder that you need to lose the few pounds - while it's still a few pounds.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Sell them and buy new clothes!!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Donate them to a women's shelter.
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Consignment stores... just keep trading in and trading up clothes. So you are not spending as much money as you keep losing weight.
  • Gogretchen1
    Options
    TOSS them!! I think that packing away says "I'll probably get back there again." If you are committed to changing...toss them:) I bet it will be quite liberating.