Grammar police! Your clothes get LOOSE when you LOSE weight.

Options

Replies

• myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Speak for yourself.

I am actually loosing weight.

By that I mean I am making the stored triglycerides in my fat cells looser by way of a calorie deficit created by way of a hypocaloric diet and exercise resulting in their release from adipose tissue and their transformation through lipolysis into free fatty acids and glycerol.

<<<<<< HTH
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    sighs............ again this thread?????

I think a little grace is required.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Something I plan on telling my boyfriend this week:

"You had me at the correct usage of 'you're.'"

haha

This is definitely me...When I am chatting with someone and they don't know the proper use/spelling of words I cringe and it's hard to keep communicating with them...It may sound terrible but it's just the way I am...I am pretty laid back but when it comes to this I am anal...lol

ETA: But I am not the type to correct them on it though...I am NOT the grammar police!!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    My clothes get LOOSE when i drink too much tequila.
  • Pennapenguin
    Pennapenguin Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    In addition to the grammar mistakes you are pointing out and are annoying......maybe learning to spell would be good too.
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    what drives me insane is the way some english as from England spell. I could sit here all day corrcting their grammar, it just does my head in. Pity i don't get paid for corrrecting grammar mistakes. lol.

I am shocked by your ignorance.

I second your comment bm99. This level of verbal diarrhoea shocks me at times.

I as well agree!! That's just insulting. We aren't talking different culture barriers, we are talking dumb azzes that just don't know the proper way to use words. The Engish... as in England, as you put it, speak in a more proper form than we ever will. just because they use 'u' in a lot of words, doesn't make them wrong!
    I personally find it super attractive when a man knows how to spell and use the English language correctly!
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options

*Slides tequila shot to Jules.*
  • elelat
    elelat Posts: 117
    Options
    what drives me insane is the way some english as from England spell. I could sit here all day corrcting their grammar, it just does my head in. Pity i don't get paid for corrrecting grammar mistakes. lol.

When I was a kid my father pay me 5 cents for every grammar mistake I could find in the newspaper.... my mother for several reasons hated that he did that. BTW I grew up speaking Spanish.
  • eduardo_d
    eduardo_d Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    their, they're, there :)

<smirk>
  • SmexAppeal
    Options
    In addition to the grammar mistakes you are pointing out and are annoying......maybe learning to spell would be good too.

Wow, this sentence doesn't even make any sense. Just saying.
  • Jules2Be
    Options

why thank you.
  • michwinger
    michwinger Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Okay, yes, it is annoying to read grammatical errors, and yes it is irritating to have to decipher what someone is trying to say, but seriously...not everyone can be perfect at everything. Those people who can't spell, don't understand the grammar rules, are too busy to worry about it, or just plain don't care have other God-given talents and gifts to fulfill their purpose in life. And having other people harp on them about their grammar and spelling isn't going to change the fact that God didn't put them on this earth to practice proper grammar. He has much bigger plans for them!
  • Lynn_SD
    Lynn_SD Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Not too concerned on social media but went a little crazy over repeated spelling mistakes on CNN's news feeds this past week! The best one was:

"Gibbs to meet TOP-SEEDED Serena at Bank of West"

:noway:
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options

why thank you.

*Slides over two more*
  • SmexAppeal
    Options
    Everyone put their pissy pants on!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Not too concerned on social media but went a little crazy over repeated spelling mistakes on CNN's news feeds this past week! The best one was:

"Gibbs to meet TOP-SEEDED Serena at Bank of West"

:noway:
    Serena got seeded?? Oh my!! That is news! ;-p
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options

why thank you.

*filling up your shotglass again*
  • Jules2Be
    Options

why thank you.

*filling up your shotglass again*

i have sneaky and fabulous friends.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Everyone put their pissy pants on!

Or just slip out of them and wave them over your head:bigsmile:
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options

I am shocked by your ignorance.

I do believe English is spelled with a capital "e" every time. It's not like earth, which can be "earth" if you're talking about the soil or "Earth" if you're talking about the planet. Additionally, "some english" doesn't express a complete thought. Does this mean the language? The people?

Second, before you criticize people for their grammar, the first person pronoun is "I" not "i" and sentences should begin with capital letters.

Third, where does the English language come from, if not from England?